RPF

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Raptor 15 Q70S/5.6 19 F-450 21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I had the knee panel down yesterday when I was installing my first mod, the Autostop Eliminator.

The connector for the TBC is present even without the tow package
Ford Bronco Tow Package arrived - contents inside IMG_0442

here is the BCM/Interior Fuse Panel. Interestingly enough a Secuicode keypad Code card was clipped to this, even though you can't get a wired keypad on the Bronco and the RF one doesn't use the code. Next time I have Forscan connected I'll check to see if the code in the BCM matches this card:

Ford Bronco Tow Package arrived - contents inside Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 3.35.43 PM

And up above the kick panel where C105/C201 are supposed to be. Only connectors I see are these two plugged into the DCU module. Maybe those connectors are behind the speaker?

Ford Bronco Tow Package arrived - contents inside IMG_0439

Ford Bronco Tow Package arrived - contents inside IMG_0436

Ford Bronco Tow Package arrived - contents inside IMG_0440
Sponsored

Last edited:

hollapm

First Edition
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition, 2021 Ranger, 2024 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Any luck finding them? I wonder if someone doing a speaker upgrade has pictures?

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had the knee panel down yesterday when I was installing my first mod, the Autostop Eliminator.

The connector for the TBC is present even without the tow package

here is the BCM/Interior Fuse Panel. Interestingly enough a Secuicode keypad Code card was clipped to this, even though you can't get a wired keypad on the Bronco and the RF one doesn't use the code. Next time I have Forscan connected I'll check to see if the code in the BCM matches this card:

And up above the kick panel where C105/C201 are supposed to be. Only connectors I see are these two plugged into the DCU module. Maybe those connectors are behind the speaker?

I found C201 and C105 and they are harness-harness connectors. They are behind the fender skin above the tire. You can see them with a mirror if you peer over the tubing that supports the fender or you can remove the flare and a few of the fender skirt fasteners and pull it down and see them from the wheel well side. Here are pictures of mine from below and then above. Note that on my base all the wires of interest go into C201 but do not come out the other side. Bummer, but at least all the fuses for those circuits are in place so I'm assuming they can be tapped off this connector.

From wheel well:
Ford Bronco Tow Package arrived - contents inside PXL_20211113_031358455

From above in engine bay:
Ford Bronco Tow Package arrived - contents inside PXL_20211113_195205975

Reactions: RPF

RPF

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I found C201 and C105 and they are harness-harness connectors. They are behind the fender skin above the tire. You can see them with a mirror if you peer over the tubing that supports the fender or you can remove the flare and a few of the fender skirt fasteners and pull it down and see them from the wheel well side. Here are pictures of mine from below and then above. Note that on my base all the wires of interest go into C201 but do not come out the other side. Bummer, but at least all the fuses for those circuits are in place so I'm assuming they can be tapped off this connector.

From wheel well:

From above in engine bay:
Excellent job finding those. It should be easier dealing with pinning those connectors there rather than under the dash. I spent time hard-wiring my radar detector yesterday and it is rather unpleasant maneuvering under the dash in this vehicle. Or maybe I'm just getting old :ROFLMAO:

BlueBoy

First Edition
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco 351W
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yea, not sure why they aren't picking up power at the connector factory TT plug here. Just a matter of crimping on one blade terminal and sticking in the plug. I planned on picking up the the turn wires inside. Also mounting the converter on the outside and running wires back in?

What type of blade terminal is used, do you have a part # or link to an Amazon available part?

Sponsored
OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What type of blade terminal is used, do you have a part # or link to an Amazon available part?
For power or park lights? Shoot me your address and I'll send a couple.

TremmRG1

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F350/2013 Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Haven't bought anything yet as I just got mine and with all of the issues with delivery, ADM, etc didn't want to "jinx" anything :ROFLMAO:

I currently have the TRM module, OEM hitch and OEM wiring plug/mounting plate on my list for when the 220K FordPass points hit. For much of the same reasons you mention, so that I have as stock of a final solution as possible. Dropped the Ford 4-pin adapter harness from the list after the Curt one came out that didn't require splicing wires. Ideally I'll be able to get the OEM TRM to work but will use the Curt module as backup if necessary. I need the +12V line and reverse line as well as the flat-4 wires for my trailer. Don't need the brake line as I'm using the Curt Echo BT brake controller.
I am picking up a trailer in a couple of weeks and the owner is giving me the Curt Echo BT brake controller. How did you get it to work with the Bronco? Is it as simple as a 4 pin to 7 blade adapter after installing the curt plug and play #56468? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

skoorb76

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am picking up a trailer in a couple of weeks and the owner is giving me the Curt Echo BT brake controller. How did you get it to work with the Bronco? Is it as simple as a 4 pin to 7 blade adapter after installing the curt plug and play #56468? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
From what I understand there needs to be a power wire run for the 7 way to run the controller and that should do it. Let us know! See link
https://www.etrailer.com/question-274209.html

NYCBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subway
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just installed the curt trailer hitch and plug and play 4 pin wire harness yesterday. The hitch was straight forward enough…didn’t need to remove the bumper or anything and took about 10 minutes. The wire harness was a bit more complicated. The hardest part was removing the plastic screws and push pins on either side of the tailgate to access the wiring connectors. The plastic screws are impossible to back out (they just spin) and become stripped. The instructions aren’t great and when I completely all 11 steps and plugged in my trailer…no power 😞. It’s not in the instructions but there is a wire and fuse included to run under the truck along the frame back up to the battery. Thought this was just extra initially, as this isn’t needed for wrangler wire harnesses, but it is necessary to wire back to the battery for the 4 pin connector.

Good luck out there!

Trailer Hitch: https://realtruck.com/p/curt-class-iii-trailer-hitch/v/ford/bronco/2021/

Wire Harness: https://realtruck.com/p/curt-t-connector-wiring-harness/v/ford/bronco/2021/

RPF

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I haven't used it in the Bronco, as I haven't done any of the trailer wiring yet. But I have used with my wife's Explorer, and it works well. You have to have the app open on your phone to manually activate the brakes is the only downside I can see, but they offer a bluetooth button (a rebadged Flic 2) with reusable adhesive that you can stick somewhere if you don't want to have the app open all the time.

Anyway, as long as you have a 7-pin connector with the usual 4 light wires and the +12V battery charge wire active it will work. Download the app on the phone. Plug in the adapter to the vehicle and the trailer to the adapter. Pair the app with the adapter. Add the trailer. Set the gain and test as usual. Directions are here.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just installed the curt trailer hitch and plug and play 4 pin wire harness yesterday. The hitch was straight forward enough…didn’t need to remove the bumper or anything and took about 10 minutes. The wire harness was a bit more complicated. The hardest part was removing the plastic screws and push pins on either side of the tailgate to access the wiring connectors. The plastic screws are impossible to back out (they just spin) and become stripped. The instructions aren’t great and when I completely all 11 steps and plugged in my trailer…no power 😞. It’s not in the instructions but there is a wire and fuse included to run under the truck along the frame back up to the battery. Thought this was just extra initially, as this isn’t needed for wrangler wire harnesses, but it is necessary to wire back to the battery for the 4 pin connector.

Good luck out there!

Trailer Hitch: https://realtruck.com/p/curt-class-iii-trailer-hitch/v/ford/bronco/2021/

Wire Harness: https://realtruck.com/p/curt-t-connector-wiring-harness/v/ford/bronco/2021/
Thanks for the update. I saw the instructions and it was not clear that the power wire had to be ran or not. Thanks for the confirmation.

Skip2a

Black Diamond
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought that I read somewhere that there is a usable hot wire in the back but I can’t find that post.

can anyone confirm this? On 2 or 4 door models?

Thanks.

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought that I read somewhere that there is a usable hot wire in the back but I can’t find that post.

can anyone confirm this? On 2 or 4 door models?

Thanks.
Yeah seems like there should be somewhere to tie in without running a dedicates wire all the way to the front.

hollapm

First Edition
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition, 2021 Ranger, 2024 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

On my first edition there are two dedicated hot wires, but you have to take the rear cargo moulding off - drivers side to get to them. I think one is a 30amp and the other 40 amp.

Skip2a

Black Diamond
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is there a dedicated, detailed post on the wiring for the 4 pin connector or a video anywhere ?

Is this really a constraint and worth dropping from my order? I find it difficult to believe this it truly holding up the production of a $50k vehicle.
Sponsored