First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
77 bronco, 06 ram 3500, 2011 fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I see that the tow package may be a build delay, I am thinking I may delete the tow package. So I went to the build and price site to see what it consists of. All it says under details is "2" receiver without brake controller". That seems like very little for 600 dollars, any, body know what it really consists of I would expect extra cooling capacity, larger alternator something more then a hitch.
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I see that the tow package may be a build delay, I am thinking I may delete the tow package. So I went to the build and price site to see what it consists of. All it says under details is "2" receiver without brake controller". That seems like very little for 600 dollars, any, body know what it really consists of I would expect extra cooling capacity, larger alternator something more then a hitch.
Go to the Towing sub-forum. There is a long thread on the contents including items recently discovered.

Sponsored

Deleted member 13702

Okay I give, where did you see that the tow package was going to delay your order?

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Unless Ford has been keeping information from the public about alternators, cooling, or batteries (which at $600 I doubt/who does it serve to not advertise why the cost is justified?) it only is the hitch and a 7-pin connector.

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Okay I give, where did you see that the tow package was going to delay your order?
It's been circulating around the forum. I think some of it comes from Bronco Nation, some of it from users, and I think some of the dealers who frequent this forum have confirmed commodity restraints on tow hitch communicated to them from Ford.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Including installation, I assumed.

After getting a U-Haul version on our Transit...I will never go that route again.

Are tow packages a popular aftermarket item from more reputable brands? It just doesn't seem to me that you would get a "better" option down the line.

But, if you are not in a rush to tow...add it later?

All we know is they're short parts today...next week could be a different story. I am not changing a thing.

Deleted member 13702

It's been circulating around the forum. I think some of it comes from Bronco Nation, some of it from users, and I think some of the dealers who frequent this forum have confirmed commodity restraints on tow hitch communicated to them from Ford.
Ok, I thought this one had been disproven a while ago. At the moment Iā€™m keeping mine. I priced out one for my wifeā€™s pilot from Honda and itā€™s $880.00 without a transmission cooler. With the cooler it jumps to $1440.00. So for me, Fords hitch is a descent deal since I donā€™t feel like waiting for an aftermarket setup.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The big unknown is the wiring and how it works.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™ve got a question... How much should a hitch cost? I only ask because Iā€™m a fabricator, and Iā€™ve built several of em for folks. Yes, I understand the difference between mass production and custom builds... Iā€™ve done it all. But it feels like when people say something costs too much, theyā€™re really trying to dictate what another person should make. Just a thought

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™ve got a question... How much should a hitch cost? I only ask because Iā€™m a fabricator, and Iā€™ve built several of em for folks. Yes, I understand the difference between mass production and custom builds... Iā€™ve done it all. But it feels like when people say something costs too much, theyā€™re really trying to dictate what another person should make. Just a thought
I sell truck equipment for a living. The average name brand class III/IV hitch from Curt or Draw Tite is normally low 100s my cost. Just looked up a class V for a super duty chassis cab and it was about $210 cost. Looks like it retails for about $300. Bronco sport draw tite class III hitch costs me about $127 and sells for $150-160.

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hitch, wiring installed that integrates with the trailer brake controller(that is an extra expense)
This is just conjecture on my part.....but sounds feasible
Sponsored