Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wow. The steel plate on that looks really thin compared to the one on my Jeep. I am going to have to figure out a way to scale and measure this versus the Jeep.

I was already underwhelmed for the cost. Now even more.

(Edit) so the JK receiver on the right is 6mil steel, this has to be like 5 or 4? How is this going to hold up when dragging down rocks on the trail?

Receiver Comparison.jpg
You could always fish plate it, add a thicker plate to the bottom of the existing plate.
Or modify the existing one and trim the plastic part cut, and tuck it up another inch or so
Sponsored

GlowingMoose

First Edition
First Name
Glendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cheverolet Traverse
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If it's using the new steel they're building the Bronco out of it may not need to be as thick...

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would like to see the wiring diagram for the 7 plug. Knowing not all of the wires will be used I want to repurpose the unused ones for my over landing trailer.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would like to see the wiring diagram for the 7 plug. Knowing not all of the wires will be used I want to repurpose the unused ones for my over landing trailer.
My 7pin wouldnā€™t provide enough amps to charge my offroad trailer batteries and bms, so I installed an anderson connector at the bumper. Not sure what setup youā€™re running though.

Sponsored

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 7pin wouldnā€™t provide enough amps to charge my offroad trailer batteries and bms, so I installed an anderson connector at the bumper. Not sure what setup youā€™re running though.
I have some led lights I would like to run when itā€™s hooked up to the Bronco. It would make it a lot easier to launch my kayaks and setup camp.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have some led lights I would like to run when itā€™s hooked up to the Bronco. It would make it a lot easier to launch my kayaks and setup camp.
Oh ok. Yeah I have dual batteries on mine so my led lights run off the trailer. With the anderson wiring & plug I get 33-34 amps to charge the trailer. Lights definitely come in handy when on dark trails or around camp.

6CFE951D-9836-4BEC-B5AA-6AD373C85957.jpeg

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh ok. Yeah I have dual batteries on mine so my led lights run off the trailer. With the anderson wiring & plug I get 33-34 amps to charge the trailer. Lights definitely come in handy when on dark trails or around camp.

Ford Bronco Tow package hitch and plugs pics (2021 Bronco) 6CFE951D-9836-4BEC-B5AA-6AD373C85957
Could you send me the info on your Anderson setup and wiring kit you purchased.

Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there enough room for locking hitch pin? Looks pretty tight.
Should be, my vehicle is that way, have to put the pin in from the Right while holding the lock set up to the left side hole to get it to lock.

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I watched the Base Bronco walk around by Bronco Nation and it was mentioned that the Base has halogen tail lights. Iā€™m assuming this means that it would be do-able to tap into them to add a hitch and wiring, whereas with the LED lights there wouldnā€™t be enough power. Does this make sense?

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Should be standard on all vehicles

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I watched the Base Bronco walk around by Bronco Nation and it was mentioned that the Base has halogen tail lights. Iā€™m assuming this means that it would be do-able to tap into them to add a hitch and wiring, whereas with the LED lights there wouldnā€™t be enough power. Does this make sense?
Ironically I wonder if that's why you can't get the tow package with the base... Cuz it's not compatible with normal lights :p
Sponsored