Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you plan on replacing your Bronco's plastic rear bumper with an aftermarket steel one, should you bother with adding the tow package when ordering? I'm wondering if the factory receiver hitch will be replaced with one integrated into the aftermarket bumper. Thanks.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you plan on replacing your Bronco's plastic rear bumper with an aftermarket steel one, should you bother with adding the tow package when ordering? I'm wondering if the factory receiver hitch will be replaced with one integrated into the aftermarket bumper. Thanks.
This 100% depends on which aftermarket bumper you decide to go with.

OP
OP
Charky

Charky

Wildtrak
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This 100% depends on which aftermarket bumper you decide to go with.
Good to know. Right now I'm considering a Wildtrak and replacing the front and rear bumpers at some point, don't really care for the front modular bumper winch setup. By the time I take delivery in '22, I'm hoping there will be a few aftermarket options.

Changing direction a little; if I don't plan on towing, is it better (I know this is will be an opinion) to just have recovery points on the rear bumper and not have a receiver hitch from a departure angle standpoint?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good to know. Right now I'm considering a Wildtrak and replacing the front and rear bumpers at some point, don't really care for the front modular bumper winch setup. By the time I take delivery in '22, I'm hoping there will be a few aftermarket options.

Changing direction a little; if I don't plan on towing, is it better (I know this is will be an opinion) to just have recovery points on the rear bumper and not have a receiver hitch from a departure angle standpoint?
If you’re interested in getting an idea of what you might be able to expect, I suggest looking at ExtremeTerrain.com and Quadratec.com for what’s the aftermarket had made for the Wrangler.

The hitch I don’t think is going to mess with departure angle... certainly not to a degree that you’d get hung up somewhere you otherwise wouldn’t.
The hitch isn’t necessary for a recovery point, but options are nice, especially one in line with the centerline of the vehicle.

If you’re kind of on the fence, and you’re not interested in using it for towing, I wouldn’t spec it from the factory. It will be considerably cheaper to add it later through the aftermarket either through a bumper or stand alone... especially considering the factory package apparently does not add any additional equipment (like trans cooler or brake controller).

OP
OP
Charky

Charky

Wildtrak
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you’re interested in getting an idea of what you might be able to expect, I suggest looking at ExtremeTerrain.com and Quadratec.com for what’s the aftermarket had made for the Wrangler.

The hitch I don’t think is going to mess with departure angle... certainly not to a degree that you’d get hung up somewhere you otherwise wouldn’t.
The hitch isn’t necessary for a recovery point, but options are nice, especially one in line with the centerline of the vehicle.

If you’re kind of on the fence, and you’re not interested in using it for towing, I wouldn’t spec it from the factory. It will be considerably cheaper to add it later through the aftermarket either through a bumper or stand alone... especially considering the factory package apparently does not add any additional equipment (like trans cooler or brake controller).
Thank you, very helpful!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For me, I'm going to add it simple because with no roof rails, without a hitch I will have no means to carry anything external. If you seriously have no plans on Towing.. then I would go aftermarket because it will be cheaper you don't actually have to worry about Wiring. For example, if it is just a Bike rack or carrier... no wiring needed.

Then if you by an aftermarket bumper, get one with an integrated hitch (again probably no wiring) and you are same as you were.

I know it will take time for bumpers to come out so in the meantime, I need a hitch, and need wiring and yeah.. it is overpriced.. but wth.
Sponsored