Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm about 99% sure.
First, I've worked in Ford assembly plants for the last 30 years, both as an assembler and in maintenance. There's no way any engineer would set up the assembly line in such a way as to require the removal of the bumper after the fact in order to put on the tow bracket. That doesn't make any sense.

So, I acquired a copy of my errorproofing report and went through all 1803 EP stations looking for where in the process the tow bracket is added, knowing full well that process probably has a tool that reports proper torque was applied. I found that the tow bracket appears to be attached to the frame while the frame/engine/chassis is built up on chassis line 1.

So....for all the folks wondering if you're waiting for your ride to go through the MOD center for the tow package, you're not. I figured yall would want to know.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Having worked in manufacturing in a second life I agree. It wouldn't make any sense, and it would also slow production for no reason to install the tow hitch after the rear bumper was installed. However, it did surprise me that the rear bumper needed to be removed to install an aftermarket tow hitch. While not a extremely involved project it is something I didn't have to do when I installed an aftermarket one on my Jeep JL.

Last edited:

zfischer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Tacoma, 4WD Sprinter, BJ42 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Roof rails on the other hand…

OP
OP
KyTruckPlant

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Roof rails on the other hand…
Roof rails...yes, waiting for the MOD center. I did not see any process on the EP report that had anything to do with roof rails.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I assumed it was similar to the Flex / Explorer's design -- the actual metal bumper is the tow hitch so there's no additional steps for a tow-equip. You either bolt on a regular bumper + cover, or tow bumper + cover.

If it's good enough for 4,500lbs, should be good enough for 3,500.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I thought we’ve determined since you can order the receiver as an accessory and actually get it delivered, the constant has to do with the 7-pin connector and most likely how it integrates with the copilot 360 functionality. (i.e., even though Ford claims the chip shortage doesn’t impact the Bronco, this may be a place it impacts some people’s Broncos.)

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's on Facebook, so it's probably true....

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't think the installation was the hold-up. I thought it was one of limited commodities.
That’s exactly how I see it, too, since “Trailer Tow (53Q)” is a known commodity constraint. If the scheduling program sees the order as “unscheduled-dirty”, it simply skips it, and the order doesn’t get scheduled for production until it comes up “unscheduled-clean” on a future scheduling pass.

Ford Bronco Tow package is not holding up your order, from shipping BB8A8F4A-9ACE-44B6-A5AB-9B5D36346F4B

Sponsored

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm about 99% sure.
First, I've worked in Ford assembly plants for the last 30 years, both as an assembler and in maintenance. There's no way any engineer would set up the assembly line in such a way as to require the removal of the bumper after the fact in order to put on the tow bracket. That doesn't make any sense.

So, I acquired a copy of my errorproofing report and went through all 1803 EP stations looking for where in the process the tow bracket is added, knowing full well that process probably has a tool that reports proper torque was applied. I found that the tow bracket appears to be attached to the frame while the frame/engine/chassis is built up on chassis line 1.

So....for all the folks wondering if you're waiting for your ride to go through the MOD center for the tow package, you're not. I figured yall would want to know.
My man @KyTruckPlant pulls through with some FACTS for us. Atta boy.

Now onto speculations that it's all my Roof Racks fault for my endless In Production 🤣

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s exactly how I see it, too, since “Trailer Tow (53Q)” is a known commodity constraint. If the scheduling program sees the order as “unscheduled-dirty”, it simply skips it, and the order doesn’t get scheduled for production until it comes up “unscheduled-clean” on a future scheduling pass.

Ford Bronco Tow package is not holding up your order, from shipping AAB8BEEC-6806-4BB3-994F-ABD64686B6F7
Agreed in terms of scheduling, but @KyTruckPlant is speaking in terms of what occurs on the line itself for those of us that have been speculating why our already built Broncos havnt been shipped yet (ie. Endless "In Production" status.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford Bronco Tow package is not holding up your order, from shipping AAB8BEEC-6806-4BB3-994F-ABD64686B6F7
Question - how does this work? If every unscheduled order with a tow package is "dirty" and skipped, how are people taking deliveries of Broncos (or dealers of mannequins) with tow packages?

Or in other words are you "clean" in your turn in line, until they run out for the month, and then you are "dirty"?

i.e., how do they use up the 38% tow packages they do have if everyone with a tow package is "Unscheduled - Dirty"?
Sponsored