Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1 1/16" to 1 1/8" wide. I did not get an exact ID but I believe that 15/16" is correct. This is a modular front bumper on a BL.

IMG_4043.JPG
I don't suppose you noticed the 'Pin' size, 7/8 or 1" ? I haven't been able to see a Bronco with the Mod bumper yet.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't suppose you noticed the 'Pin' size, 7/8 or 1" ? I haven't been able to see a Bronco with the Mod bumper yet.
Probably 1”. Maybe 15/16”. My tape measure blade is 1” wide and with the hook at the end of the tape measure it wouldn’t fit inside bit it was close. I should have measured it but didn’t.

OP
OP
JesseS

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably 1”. Maybe 15/16”. My tape measure blade is 1” wide and with the hook at the end of the tape measure it wouldn’t fit inside bit it was close. I should have measured it but didn’t.
Thanks for the try, In a case like that I just put one edge of the hole on the 1" mark and read it then minus the 1". A wide blade and the hook messes with that kind of measurement.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For MY21 there are only two bumper versions available.

The standard bumper covers the frame rail end and does not have the shackle mounts. Instead they have the tow loops/hooks attached to the underside of the frame rail. This is the bumper that can come with fog lights.

The modular bumper has the shackle points attached to the end of the frame rail and are left exposed. That is what is pictured being measured in this thread.

The “capable bumper” is not available for MY21 and was basically the first bumper with fogs but with the frame rail end exposed… it had always been shown with integrated d ring plates instead of the shackle mount plates.

Capable on left, standard on right. You can see the tow hooks on the underside on the right:
Ford Bronco Tow Shackle size. 2BB9B9F4-D05F-4EE6-B665-4F2D250CF448

Modular:
Ford Bronco Tow Shackle size. 1619488626498

What’s going on at the end of the frame rail (in this case the shackle mounts that would be found within/passing through the modular bumper are painted yellow):
Ford Bronco Tow Shackle size. 1619488361469

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
JesseS

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The standard bumper covers the frame rail end and does not have the shackle mounts. Instead they have the tow loops/hooks attached to the underside of the frame rail. This is the bumper that can come with fog lights.

The modular bumper has the shackle points attached to the end of the frame rail and are left exposed. That is what is pictured being measured in this thread.

The “capable bumper” is not available for MY21 and was basically the first bumper with fogs but with the frame rail end exposed… it had always been shown with integrated d ring plates instead of the shackle mount plates.

Capable on left, standard on right. You can see the tow hooks on the underside on the right:

Modular:

What’s going on at the end of the frame rail:
Thanks Zack, all I really need is the width of the shackle mount and the diameter of the pin hole for the tow bar end adapters.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks Zack, all I really need is the width of the shackle mount and the diameter of the pin hole for the tow bar end adapters.
Yeah, I was only posting all that because it seemed like there were some people on the first page who were confused about all the bumper offerings, and I wanted to get ahead of things before the confusion spread.

;)

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Tow Shackle size. Bronco Jeep winch 2020s

Modular:

What’s going on at the end of the frame rail (in this case the shackle mounts that would be found under/within the modular bumper are painted yellow):
I'm going to post something one day where you don't have all the answers, pictures to support, and logic - lol.

This can't be any clearer. Glad to see I wasn't totally out to lunch in seeing different bumper setups. Thanks very much for the info, yet again!

OP
OP
JesseS

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I was only posting all that because it seemed like there were some people on the first page who were confused about all the bumper offerings, and I wanted to get ahead of things before the confusion spread.

;)
Cool, one thing bothers me is that it looks like there are only 3 bolts holding that tow frame end adapter on, I will be looking at how to strengthen that mount. The Bronco is damn heavy and the last thing I want is for it to take off 4-wheeling on it's own while being towed.
Ford Bronco Tow Shackle size. Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 19.04.13

Sponsored

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the try, In a case like that I just put one edge of the hole on the 1" mark and read it then minus the 1". A wide blade and the hook messes with that kind of measurement.
I was just impressed with the massiveness of the front tow mounts and took the picture of it. Sorry I didn’t take more measurements

When I saw it I was thinking more about having a clevis mounted to it and that banging around chipping the powder coated bumper and mount.

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok this is what I know. The shackle Warn uses is a WLL-4-3/4 T (3/4 In., 4.75 Ton, Galvanized Screw Pin Anchor Shackle) Jaw Opening 1.19 Inches and Pin size 0.875.
I took my old inch calipers to the Auto Show in Tulsa and measured the shackle mount. It was real close to 1 3/16 inch. So my wasq is the width is 30mm (1.1811 inch) Below is a picture I took at the OKC Auto Show. You can see the shackle mount fills up the shackle jaw opening.
Now my plan: I have to get a larger tow bar so I'am including my tow bar and adapter with the Jeep and getting a new bigger tow bar with the current 3/4" hole adapter with the 1" opening. When I have my Bronco in hand I will go to a local machine shop and have them mill out the opening to fit. Blue Ox saids they are waiting on a Bronco to build a face plate and or an adapter.

Ford Bronco Tow Shackle size. 2.JPG

OP
OP
JesseS

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok this is what I know. The shackle Warn uses is a WLL-4-3/4 T (3/4 In., 4.75 Ton, Galvanized Screw Pin Anchor Shackle) Jaw Opening 1.19 Inches and Pin size 0.875.
I took my old inch calipers to the Auto Show in Tulsa and measured the shackle mount. It was real close to 1 3/16 inch. So my wasq is the width is 30mm (1.1811 inch) Below is a picture I took at the OKC Auto Show. You can see the shackle mount fills up the shackle jaw opening.
Now my plan: I have to get a larger tow bar so I'am including my tow bar and adapter with the Jeep and getting a new bigger tow bar with the current 3/4" hole adapter with the 1" opening. When I have my Bronco in hand I will go to a local machine shop and have them mill out the opening to fit. Blue Ox saids they are waiting on a Bronco to build a face plate and or an adapter.

Ford Bronco Tow Shackle size. 2.JPG
I am waiting on Blue Ox as well, they already make a tow bar end adapter with both a 3/4" and 1" Pin hole, and the clevis width of 1.1", I don't need a bigger tow bar as I have the Alpha which is rated at 6500 lbs, but I will be beefing up the hitch and receiver. I don't think a base plate would be needed with frame mounted tow points. 1 3/16 sounds good for a 1.1" clevis opening.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am waiting on Blue Ox as well, they already make a tow bar end adapter with both a 3/4" and 1" Pin hole, and the clevis width of 1.1", I don't need a bigger tow bar as I have the Alpha which is rated at 6500 lbs, but I will be beefing up the hitch and receiver. I don't think a base plate would be needed with frame mounted tow points. 1 3/16 sounds good for a 1.1" clevis opening.
Yesterday I saw the Bronco at the Bridgeport Texas event. I also took my calipers with me to measure the pin hole diameter of the modular front bumper D-Ring mount. It measured .925" ID, so an industry standard 7/8" Shackle Pin will fit.

The Jaw Gap measured 1-1/8" with a ruler, not a caliper, so that needs to be confirmed on the purchased shackle as well.
https://offroadrecoveryguide.com/sizing-shackles-off-road-recovery/

BOW-SHACKLE-OUTLINE.jpg

Last edited:

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yesterday I saw the Bronco at the Bridgeport Texas event. I also took my calipers with me to measure the pin hole diameter of the modular front bumper D-Ring mount. It measured .925" ID, so an industry standard 7/8" Shackle Pin will fit.
Thank you! Gonna buy my shackles soon then :)
Sponsored