Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting, a 1 1/8 gap would normally be for a 1" pin, and you measures 7/8", that would make for a 1/4" of free space when mounted. Lots of rattle room, if this is the case will need nylon bushings on both sides for the tow hook up unless the tow bar adapters are a closer tolerance.

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Throat opening is 1.25" and the Pin Diameter is .88 on 3/4" Screw Pin Anchor Shackle
- 4-3/4 Ton WLL.
I measured the shackle bracket width at 30mm(1.1811") which would leave .034" on each side.
If you look back a couple of posts at the front on picture that looks about right.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I realized when I took the .925" pin hole opening measurement, which allows for the use of a 7/8" shackle pin, I forgot the inside width in order to select the correct size jaw gap opening, I measured it Saturday at another show with a ruler, not a caliper, but it looks like 1 1/8".

https://offroadrecoveryguide.com/sizing-shackles-off-road-recovery/

Ford Bronco Tow Shackle size. BOW-SHACKLE-OUTLINE
Do you know what the inside length is needed to clear the mount? I’m guessing 2-4 inches?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Do you know what the inside length is needed to clear the mount? I’m guessing 2-4 inches?
Looking at the factory mounts, an inside lenght of 1 1/2" should clear, don't go over 1 3/4" to 2". HOWEVER, look at the inset cutout, a standard shackle may not fit or may look redneck.

Best to not let your cash burn a hole in your pocket and wait and see what the aftermarket determines will fit.

Ford Bronco Tow Shackle size. co-steel-bumper-stubby-bumper-pieces-sasquatch-
Ford Bronco Tow Shackle size. 8e6b9232-f89c-4c18-b5a5-eb059ca6db3d-jpe

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking at the factory mounts, an inside lenght of 1 1/2" should clear, don't go over 1 3/4" to 2". HOWEVER, look at the inset cutout, a standard shackle may not fit or may look redneck.

Best to not let your cash burn a hole in your pocket and wait and see what the aftermarket determines will fit.

co-steel-bumper-stubby-bumper-pieces-sasquatch-jpg.jpg
8e6b9232-f89c-4c18-b5a5-eb059ca6db3d-jpeg.jpg
Roger that, prob a better idea to wait than waste money on the wrong size shackle. Thanks man!

This is the one I got my eye on

https://www.amazon.com/Extreme-Max-...xtreme+Max+Shackle+7/8"&qid=1621272033&sr=8-5

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Roger that, prob a better idea to wait than waste money on the wrong size shackle. Thanks man!

This is the one I got my eye on

https://www.amazon.com/Extreme-Max-3006-8255-2-BoatTector-Stainless/dp/B07JGGMKGZ/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=Extreme+Max+Shackle+7/8"&qid=1621272033&sr=8-5
Good to wait, those will not clear the inset, note what the factory ones look like. Keep your eye on Tasca Parts (a Ford dealer) for discounted genuine Ford parts.

https://www.tascaparts.com/search?search_str=Tow+hook

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think this picture confuses things since those shackles and mounts won't be available for MY21

edit: I found the specs on the ones @BroncoBoy22 posted and they will probably not work. I'd like to stress that rigging shackles are the way to go, unless it's just for looks. I will say that most likely any Âľ" (â…ž" pin) rigging bow shackle will fit on the factory mounts. Crosby, Van Beest, Columbus McKinnon, etc.

Last edited:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ah yes, the dreaded modular vs capable bumper saga. Many will get MY22 but we have to wait and see if Ford lets the Capable bumper see the light of day.

Capable Front Bumper vs Heavy-Duty Modular Bumper

bronco-bumpers-jpg.jpg
I'm getting the standard bumper and have been thinking of installing shackle mounts and cutting away the 'boxes' to access making something resembling the 'Capable'.

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A bit off topic but related to flat towing; what are your plans for brake assist and rear light hookups. I’m taking delivery this week on a Chinook B+ and eventually would like to flat tow the Bronco. We’re downsizing from an Airstream trailer so a flat towing virgin.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just bumping this thread up again - Anyone who has their Bronco already: Have you purchased some shackles for the modular front bumper? Curious what you ended up getting (brand/size)?
Sponsored