Sponsored

Towed a 3500 lb Airstream behind a Wrangler with no problems.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you for pointing that out! I'm a virgin to towing and am learning a lot but missed that. ?
Going with an aftermarket class III. Even if I never exceed the 3500 towing capacity, a Class III attached to the actual frame vs a cross member only. Far more stable and better weight distribution...
Sponsored

Svanhildr

Black Diamond
First Name
Christal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You bet. Every vehicle will have a Gross Combined Weight Rating, which is the maximum the vehicle and a trailer it's hauling can weigh together. It includes the vehicle's curb weight, the payload in it, and the loaded trailer weight.

Often on a passenger vehicle the GCWR is the advertised tow rating plus the vehicle curb weight plus a small amount of payload, meant to represent a driver and sometimes a passenger. Rearranging the equation gives TC = GCWR - Curb Weight - Payload in Vehicle. GCWR and Curb Weight are constants, so as you load up the vehicle with payload, your TC goes down.
Great information, thanks again!

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Going with an aftermarket class III. Even if I never exceed the 3500 towing capacity, a Class III attached to the actual frame vs a cross member only. Far more stable and better weight distribution...
Are you able to show an example of what one you will be getting? I really wanted a higher than 3,500 tow rating, but now will be getting a smaller trailer and want to ensure I have the best hitch I can get as I will be right up around that 350 lb mark.

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Are you able to show an example of what one you will be getting? I really wanted a higher than 3,500 tow rating, but now will be getting a smaller trailer and want to ensure I have the best hitch I can get as I will be right up around that 350 lb mark.
I’m also curious about this
Sponsored