Sponsored

Towing capacity poll

The towing limit is 3500# for 2 and 4 wheel Broncos. Where do you stand on this figure?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Todkavonic

First Edition
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW, Ducati, Guzzi, and the Jeep.
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi Everyone

Above is a straight-forward poll regarding the 3500# towing limit and whether or not this effects your buying decision or planned usage.

Have at it.

Nate
Sponsored

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
At this point it is unanimous.

Edit:
Ten minutes and it all goes down hill...

Last edited:

SouthernBronco6g

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Going to have to let the FE reservation go along with badlands. I was hoping the tow package actually added towing ability, like any other vehicle that has a aftermarket tow package.

I need at least A 5k lb. tow rating with the 2.7 V6 EB. i mean the F150 tows 9000 lbs, surely could’ve made the Bronco tow 5k lbs..

Heck a 2.3 EB ranger with tow package can tow 7.5k lbs.

Spudly

First Edition
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, Gladiator Overland, RX350
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m not buying a 2nd vehicle to tow shit because someone in product or engineering was asleep at the wheel. A Subaru Outback can tow 3500lbs.

My preorder is teetering on a cancellation because SO FAR 1) this #launch is a complete #shitshow 2) tow rating 3) 110lb roof rack dynamic load limit 4) rear ac vents. I wonder what the actual percentage of reservations converted to orders will be.

If they plan on drip marketing for 6 months, guarantee it’ll be a business case of what not to do when launching a product. In my experience 3 is tough to sustain.

Defender 110 out due to reliability. 300 series LandCruiser has serious potential and can tow 8000lbs (maybe more with the new V6 TT). Hell the Cayenne S can tow 7700, good in the snow, air suspension makes it light off-road capable to some fishing holes and mtn bike trailheads.

Never owned a Ford and some of the decisions being made make me wonder if I ever will. Cant scale/grow the business if you keep selling to the same customers.

Last edited:

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do all my towing with my 1979 F150 4x4. I have no doubt I will tow my 2021 Bronco around to trails all over North America with my 79. I'm only going to add the tow package for two reasons; to tow a tear drop off-road trailer, two so I can put a trailer tester in the trailer plug to disable the engine stop/start permanently.

Sponsored

CumminsWayne

Wildtrak
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2500 Ram CTD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is it a fail? Yes. Does it affect me buying it? No. I’m fortunate enough to have a 3/4 ton Diesel as my daily so I have no issue towing anything I’d ever use. The Bronco will be my wife’s daily. But I understand why this would be a deal breaker for some.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don’t understand what everyone expected, the first time we saw the rear axle suspension design it should have been perfectly obvious the suspension was designed for ultimate dampening of terrain conditions, not traditional truck based SUV duty.

Doesn’t matter if they put a Cummins diesel in it if the suspension isn’t designed to tow.

For me I still have my H2 that can tow 7,000lbs on 37s comfortably.

There’s definitely positives and negatives to the suspension design, and obviously something had to give to make it absorb impacts.

One of the main purposes of the Bronco was to showcase the advantage of IFS over the Wranglers design, obviously no one would buy the Bronco if it had IRS so the Compromise is what we have and the reduced tow capacity is part of the compromise.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some of us just don't have the resources to own multiple vehicles, so the comments about ... just buy something else to tow with ..... are basically irrelevant for the most part. Just saying

FoMoCo could offer a Tow Package (with a disclaimer about it negatively effecting the Off-Road Capabilities) for those who would prefer a vehicle with 5000lbs towing capacity. That could be a Win Win for everyone.

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some of us just don't have the resources to own multiple vehicles, so the comments about ... just buy something else to tow with ..... are basically irrelevant for the most part. Just saying

FoMoCo could offer a Tow Package (with a disclaimer about it negatively effecting the Off-Road Capabilities) for those who would prefer a vehicle with 5000lbs towing capacity. That could be a Win Win for everyone.
You can find 73-79 F150s for a $1000 and itll tow a vehicle all day. The 2021 Bronco just isn't a work-horse.

Sponsored

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can find 73-79 F150s for a $1000 and itll tow a vehicle all day. The 2021 Bronco just isn't a work-horse.
And some people don't have the available space to keep a secondary tow vehicle.

I can do tit-for-tat ALL DAY on this until you and others understand that an additional vehicle Is Not An Option for some of us.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Regardless where this ends up, there will be Bronco owners, who do not understand the rules of towing.

Ford Bronco Towing capacity poll towing-accident-
I totally agree and I also think that we should let Natural Selection take it's course.

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And some people don't have the available space to keep a secondary tow vehicle.

I can do tit-for-tat ALL DAY on this until you and others understand that an additional Is Not An Option for some of us.
Rent a truck. Call a tow truck. Ask a friend with a truck. The Bronco isn't designed to tow. It was made to compete with Jeep. I don't know what else to tell you. Maybe the Bronco isn't the vehicle for you if you're this worried about towing capacity.

tomknight

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep (3), Fiat Spider, MB ML
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am actually curious what tow package includes. If it's just a hitch and light connector, then no wonder. It would seem that aux oil and trans fluid coolers would boost capacity.

The ZR2 Colorado has special suspension and dampening, and still tows 5k, which is down from the 7.5k standard.
Sponsored