Towing capacity??

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 GC Trailhawk, ‘05 LJ, ‘17 F150 3.5 Screw
Bronco
Badlands
Yes I saw an anti-sway feature as standard on Ford's Bronco site, which is kind of interesting because the towing package isn't standard.
and they also mention the towing package in the area where you can click on the mid, high and lux packages to find out more info, but not the towing component, which leads me to believe or hoping, they haven't finalized the towing component yet.
Advertisement

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze
Bronco
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes I saw an anti-sway feature as standard on Ford's Bronco site, which is kind of interesting because the towing package isn't standard.
And why would they need anti-sway for only 3500lbs? Seems odd.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Badlands
Ford just confirmed that the max towing is 3,500lbs on all 2 & 4 door Bronco models and the "Trailer tow package" comes with an optional 2" receiver hitch and trailer wiring connector. And we know that the class 3 hitch has a much higher tow rating.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Bronco
Badlands
Dealbreaker Confirmed... smh...

Iceman153

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Bronco
Wildtrak
Clubs

Aren't there ways to upgrade the rear suspension to allow it to safely handle more tow weight? my FJ is rated at 5,000lbs and it has way less power and a slightly lower gross weight than the bronco. The reason must be purely suspension related, i'd imagine if towing is more important to you than offroad capability there must be some aftermarket method to stiffen up the rear suspension enough to get to at least 5,000lbs.

The Bronco is basically a ranger with more offroading goodies and better looks, and the ranger can tow 7500lbs, bronco should be capable of that too with the right suspension setup.

Last edited:

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Bronco
Badlands
Aren't there ways to upgrade the rear suspension to allow it to safely handle more tow weight? my FJ is rated at 5,000lbs and it has way less power and a slightly lower gross weight than the bronco. The reason must be purely suspension related, i'd imagine if towing is more important to you than offroad capability there must be some aftermarket method to stiffen up the rear suspension enough to get to at least 5,000lbs.
Class III hitches will be available soon at e-trailer, and if one could determine the FJ's spring rate in the back, as well as shock specs, I'd think that the Bronco could handle 5K lbs...

Also, consider that Old Man Emu typically designs a full suspension system for popular off-roaders, for various load-carrying capacities (normal, mid, heavy duty). Coupled with a Class III hitch, a base Bronco with an HD OME setup would tow 5,000 lbs, I would think.

How heavy are you guys towing, anyway?

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Badlands
Guess Ill have to go with a Dodge Durango then! Super bummed on the towing, this means no Bronco for me.
Hopefully its not a heavy load or towing through the mountains. Wife’s 3.6 in her GC struggles to tow 3400lbs up the 10k-12k’ mountain passes. I refuse take it on trips any longer even though its more capable on trails than my f150.

Which is why I was hoping for the Bronco to tow 5k. I know the 2.7 has the power.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze
Bronco
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford just confirmed that the max towing is 3,500lbs on all 2 & 4 door Bronco models and the "Trailer tow package" comes with an optional 2" receiver hitch and trailer wiring connector. And we know that the class 3 hitch has a much higher tow rating.
Where did they confirm that? The tweet from Mike Levine only confirmed that the currently available tow package is limited to 3500lbs, which we already knew. Is there another answer somewhere that explicitly states that they're not working on another package to be revealed once testing on it is complete?

If not then we all need to keep up the pressure. This vehicle was developed because Ford knew there was a market for a vehicle that did not the Wrangler's shortcomings, and we all know that TC is one of them. They are listening - keep talking.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Badlands
Where did they confirm that? The tweet from Mike Levine only confirmed that the currently available tow package is limited to 3500lbs, which we already knew. Is there another answer somewhere that explicitly states that they're not working on another package to be revealed once testing on it is complete?

If not then we all need to keep up the pressure. This vehicle was developed because Ford knew there was a market for a vehicle that did not the Wrangler's shortcomings, and we all know that TC is one of them. They are listening - keep talking.
It was in their response yesterday afternoon, thread that talks about Ford wants your questions and they did the Q&A via twitter. They didnt hint to any future plans or once towing tests are complete.

72108728-24DD-420E-BD90-3C9665F62E46.jpeg

71964325-AD17-42D2-981E-C37811D344B0.jpeg

SouthernBronco6g

First Edition
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Bronco
First Edition
Bye bye FE and Badlands reservation.
Going to have to let the FE reservation go along with badlands. I was hoping the tow package actually added towing ability, like any other vehicle that has a aftermarket tow package.

I need at least A 5k lb. tow rating with the 2.7 V6 EB. i mean the F150 tows 9000 lbs, surely could’ve made the Bronco tow 5k lbs..

Heck a 2.3 EB ranger with tow package can tow 7.5k lbs.

Advertisement

BDS Suspension
Advertisement