Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn’t really tell the viewer anything. The Defender is a very nice truck with off-road capabilities. It can’t/won’t keep up off-road with the Bronco or Wrangler though unless very heavily modified. TFL’s videos on this comparison are pretty good. Unfortunate that Land Rover went too far to the elegance side of things in my opinion (and I’ve owned 2 LRs myself so I do like them).. I think a better competitor will be the forthcoming Ineos Grenadier. Here’s a good overview of it https://www.forbes.com/wheels/news/ineos-grenadier-adventure-4x4/

Sponsored

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doesn’t really tell the viewer anything. The Defender is a very nice truck with off-road capabilities. It can’t/won’t keep up off-road with the Bronco or Wrangler though unless very heavily modified. TFL’s videos on this comparison are pretty good. Unfortunate that Land Rover went too far to the elegance side of things in my opinion (and I’ve owned 2 LRs myself so I do like them).. I think a better competitor will be the forthcoming Ineos Grenadier. Here’s a good overview of it https://www.forbes.com/wheels/news/ineos-grenadier-adventure-4x4/
@Cable Guy Nice find! Lose all the tech nannies, electronics, and gimmicky crap that most MFGs are adding to the cost of production vehicles and give me a bare bones, live axle, 4WD, with a price point around $30k and I’d for sure be interested!

After additional research it looks like it will be around $84k AUD, so roughly $60k-$65k USD.

Last edited:

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

*See title*
"Please don't be another stupid video."

Morgan Freeman:
"But Tricky knew in his heart it would indeed be another stupid video."

Last edited:

combatninja

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ND Miata, Land Rover Defender 110, Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For one thing, the Defender is facing slightly uphill while the Bronco is a bit downhill into level. So there's that. For another, this is simply a test of which tire has more grip. Because the video sucks and it was made by douches, they don't even bother to explain what options the trucks have (for instance, does that Defender have the optional rear locker?) or what systems they activated, or modes they used. Did they lock the Defender's standard center diff? Were either of the cars in 4 Lo? It just looked like two idiots filming themselves doing idiot things. Which is what it was.

Sponsored

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Is it just me or is that Grenadier a bit on the ugly side?

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it just me or is that Grenadier a bit on the ugly side?
Yep. That said, it looks almost exactly like the old Land Rover Defender before Land Rover ruined it by making it a yuppy hauler.

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Yep. That said, it looks almost exactly like the old Land Rover Defender before Land Rover ruined it by making it a yuppy hauler.
I love boxy and maybe it just needs wider tires but something just doesn’t click on this one for me. But you are right, I can see that and I liked those so maybe better in person. Just makes me more thankful Ford got it so right on this Gen 6 Bronco.

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love boxy and maybe it just needs wider tires but something just doesn’t click on this one for me. But you are right, I can see that and I liked those so maybe better in person. Just makes me more thankful Ford got it so right on this Gen 6 Bronco.
Here’s an image of the build I reserved. I figure I can resell it or not convert to an order. Heck, the ways things are going with Ford this may come first 😂 Having been on safaris the old Defenders were extremely capable even when set up like this. I do think larger tires and a small lift would be beneficial and make it look better too.

Ford Bronco Towing Tug of War: Bronco Badlands 2.7L vs Land Rover Defender P400 3.0L 550CD087-99B3-44E0-AD4F-1230F19ADF48
Sponsored

Last edited: