First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Damn it's like Toyota could sense my hatred of Ford and knew i was considering a 4runner... the big question is can they tell me when my 4runner would be built? Because Ford can't do that with my base 2 door
Then why buy a Ford? I hate Toyotas and would never buy one.
Sponsored

Thomman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Cooper S, 2012 Skoda Yeti, 2018 Tiger 800
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Toyota USA's YouTube channel released their 4runner vs Bronco comparison video. I was surprised how thorough they were describing the Bronco but of course left out some key features and generally stuck to the base model bronco for comparison. Toyota is doing all they can to drag out their decade old platform. I wouldn't be surprised if we finally see a new 4runner next year after the jolt Bronco put into the industry.

Never owned a 4Runner, so can't speak for it. The only Toyota I've owned was a Hilux (in Malaysia) and loved it. Reliable, and took me anywhere and everywhere without a peep.

I'd buy a Toyota if I listened to my Head, but I'm getting my Bronco (BL, 7MT, hopefully in '21) coz' I'm listening to my Heart....

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And if you sunburn from a 60 watt lightbulb, taking the roof off is not at the top of your list of important items.

4Runner may loose on some score cards but its doing just fine on others.

toyota_4runner_us_sales_table_month_BOXSgOKt.png
I don't burn easily but I'm with you on the roof. I'm buying a Bronco because of the capability right out of the factory not because it's a convertible.

Ta2punk

Raptor
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Have you heard any solid details on next year's new 4Runner reveal?

I heard it may get delayed from MY23 to MY24 to give them time to add a hybrid option. I'm not sure that makes complete sense as they could just introduce the hybrid version in year two.
Not much as I haven't kept up to date with all of the news lately regarding the next gen 4Runner. I hope it get revealed late 22, if it's delayed to 23/24 then that will more than likely solidify me getting something other than a 4Runner. I'm looking at getting a new vehicle next year but I'm also very interested in seeing what the Tundra is gonna offer especially since that trailer video showed it with marker lights that the TRX and Raptor have to use.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is a great example of how media can be twisted to be misleading, all without actually lying.

They are actually comparing their top-of-the-line 4Runner to the bottom of the line Bronco... So what they say is true but not accurate.

I actually don't get why so many people are fans of the 4Runner. For an overlander I can kind of see it because it has so much room and "luxury".

But after watching as many off-roading videos as I have, maybe it's unfair to compare, but they don't seem to hold the candle to what the Jeeps can do.

I watched one video where that guy was inside a forerunner filming as he was taking on the challenge that the other vehicles had just done. All that Toyota technology had to be used, yeah he made it, but it sounded as if everything was breaking.

Which reminds me, watch some videos of Jeep clubs And generally speaking though crawl over challenges. Then watch the Toyota clubs where they have to bounce and bang and thrash on their vehicles to get them over the same obstacles.

No thanks. For the price range, the only Plan B is the unreliable yet way more capable Wrangler.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Not much as I haven't kept up to date with all of the news lately regarding the next gen 4Runner. I hope it get revealed late 22, if it's delayed to 23/24 then that will more than likely solidify me getting something other than a 4Runner. I'm looking at getting a new vehicle next year but I'm also very interested in seeing what the Tundra is gonna offer especially since that trailer video showed it with marker lights that the TRX and Raptor have to use.
This guy tracks all the Toyota developments and confirms what I heard about the possible delay, however, the person I heard it from, may have just been quoting this video, I'm not sure.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco definitely caught Toyota off guard while they were relaxing with their sales climbing. This Covid break seems to have been a reset for all manufacturers as they try and restart production. The next 4Runner doesn't need to be a clean sheet of paper do-over because they have evolved the platform to a really excellent level, but it does need a refresh. I wonder if Ford and Toyota would consider a partnership to rebadge/rebody a Bronco like the old Ranger truck and Mazda B series??? Toyota did just rebody the BMW Z4 to be a Supra....

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The Bronco definitely caught Toyota off guard while they were relaxing with their sales climbing. This Covid break seems to have been a reset for all manufacturers as they try and restart production. The next 4Runner doesn't need to be a clean sheet of paper do-over because they have evolved the platform to a really excellent level, but it does need a refresh. I wonder if Ford and Toyota would consider a partnership to rebadge/rebody a Bronco like the old Ranger truck and Mazda B series??? Toyota did just rebody the BMW Z4 to be a Supra....
The new MY23 / MY24 4Runner is not a refresh, it is based on an entirely new platform called the TNGA-F, it will be shared with the Tundra, Tacoma and Sequoia.

Tulumben

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Genuine question for you guys - what's the big deal about the removable roof? I'm currently trying to decide between a 4runner and a Bronco (buying in a couple years, not immediately) and I just can't see myself using the removable roof very often, so it's actually kind of a con for me personally. But I constantly see everyone on here raving about the removable roof and doors, so there must be something I'm missing here...

I live in Canada (i.e. window to take off the roof is only about 1/3 of the year) and it also rains for a significant portion of the year (I'm in the "PNW"). So when you take the roof off, how does that work 1) if the weather suddenly changes (rain), 2) when you park it somewhere in public do you just leave the roof off? 3) if you take the top off for the day, are you reinstalling it each night once you get home (if you can't park it inside a personal garage)? I just have no experience with it so the whole concept is a bit foreign to me.

Also, are you guys planning on driving roof-off around town for daily use or is it more for when you are taking it on an off-roading type ride?

Maybe I just live in the wrong climate to appreciate it, vs. I assume a lot of you guys are in the warmer states where you could use it 3/4 of the year.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow that new 4runner is ugly. I hope that's not their design. They just need to take the current design modernize the interior and finally put in a better engine. Oh and a front locker option.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They need to start here:

Nd9GcTRdZs-xeS4QAZ8N3bbmIXVDEQr-Rpu_OL-ew&usqp=CAU.jpg

Then talk about the Bronco...
One of these was my first taste of offroading as a kid. My uncle had one, beat to hell and back, and it's name was Ol' Gnarly. It was a mountain goat with a top speed of 45 mph.

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ‘21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because topless driving is an incomparable experience.
Because topless driving is an incomparable experience.
You haven't lived if you aren't regularly rocking the heated seats + heat blast on full + the roof off. I'll admit the power rear window is a real draw for the 4Runner but then again the Bronco has removable rear window, and rear quarter panel windows w/ top on - stagecoach mode baby. what mode are you driving today.
Sponsored