First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
A more unbiased comparison would point out the fact that they missed a lot of features the Bronco has, but the Toyota doesn’t.
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the new 4runner has comparable approach/departure angles, lockers(currently only has the rear), the ability to add 35s and is available before the Bronco, I'd buy it
…and a new stronger engine, a new tranny, and of course a removable top and doors and retro styling and I’d look at it…but it likely won’t have any of that. It’ll be lipstick on grandma again…

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

…and a new stronger engine, a new tranny, and of course a removable top and doors and retro styling and I’d look at it…but it likely won’t have any of that. It’ll be lipstick on grandma again…
Stronger engine for sure. While I like the removable doors and roof, it's not really a must have for me

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Features the 4Runner has that the bronco doesn’t? Can’t tell if you’re kidding or not. You buy a 4Runner for reliability and resell, that’s it. There’s an argument to off-roadability, but never ever EVER features lol. Stepping into one is like a time machine back to the mid 2000s.
The main thing I was referring to are forum members who gripe that Bronco doesn't have a 3rd row seat option, or Ford didn't make a non-removeable roof option. I even saw one comment on here that they wished Bronco came with a 2wd option.

Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

According to Toyota you can seat 5 people in the 2 door bronco.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The FJ is pretty sweet.
I've always thought the FJ was ok. Good offroad, but the stupid swinging doors, and its so hard to see out of when you crawl or dirt. I've done some pretty tough trails in one, but always with a spotter, and I'd never buy one. FWIW, I've also done some pretty tough trails in an older 4Runner too. I actually liked my friends old rig.

Skeletor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Whip
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
FJ, I hadn't really thought about it. ;)

Ford Bronco Toyota publishes "All you need to know" 4Runner vs Bronco comparison video 2540

Ford Bronco Toyota publishes "All you need to know" 4Runner vs Bronco comparison video 2540
You know....now that you mention it...I'm not sure I can unsee it, but I'm ok with that.

I'd drive and FJ if the Bronco wasn't an option. I'm pretty bent on a Bronco though. I've loved em ever since I was a kid.

Sponsored

WPS-GHG!

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Rebel, 2021 BD Sas Mid 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Test drove an FJ 10 years ago before the wife bought an H3. They are nice and fun to drive, but the suicide doors with windows that don't roll down was a deal-breaker. The dogs would've probably gone on a hunger strike or something when they found out they couldn't stick their heads out the back windows.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4runner was my plan b to the Bronco. So Ford stole a sale there, I mean the yota driveline is dead reliable but dead boring and they have milked the 4runner for every drop IMHO. Good for Toyota in getting every dime out of it but time to update.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If they announce a short wheelbase 4Runner FJ, I’d give it a serious look.

Bronco-ocnorB

Big Bend
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Random question that I am sure someone knows right off the top of their head. What front axel or axel options come on the current 4runner?
Sponsored