Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Random question that I am sure someone knows right off the top of their head. What front axel or axel options come on the current 4runner?
This kind?

Ford Bronco Toyota publishes "All you need to know" 4Runner vs Bronco comparison video 26wkBaMFVpVW6rUS4
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Oh balls, so spellin' is not my strong suit! Well, that me try again. What front axle does the current 4runner have? 🤣🤣🤣
Don't worry, I dropped Axel on another dummy 2 seconds ago too.

As for the axle Toyota uses... Don't know, don't care, I'd never buy one. But I'm sure someone around here will answer it for ya 😉

Bronco-ocnorB

Big Bend
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Don't worry, I dropped Axel on another dummy 2 seconds ago too.

As for the axle Toyota uses... Don't know, don't care, I'd never buy one. But I'm sure someone around here will answer it for ya 😉
It is crazy, I swear I tried google prior to posting this (with the correct spelling!) and I guess I am just not digging deep enough...and I am not asking because I am considering one more so trying to gauge axle strength with the mods I see on 4runners versus the Bronco 190.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

38 seconds in when they mentioned the 4Runner had a “modern interior” they lost me.

Clearly this is fake news.

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

“4Runner is available with a slide out cargo tray”

That was a low blow.

zfischer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Tacoma, 4WD Sprinter, BJ42 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just woke up and had a huge cup of coffee. This video nearly put me back to sleep.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Toyota has never been about innovation, always playing it safe. They let the other manufacturers test out new features/ideas before they put it in their cars. Only real exception I can think of was the Prius.

I'd imagine if you bought a new 4runner you'd realize there's some basic stuff missing, like remote start on the keyfob. Idk about 4runner, but on the Tundra they finally gave us factory remote start.... via subscription smartphone app.

--

I noticed they didn't mention Sasquatch features at all, especially when mentioning tire sizes. They liked to point out things like Intelligent Access not being standard (oh no, it's on the Base+$2,000 trim). They mentioned the Toyota's limited-slip transfer case but not the Bronco's available lockers.
But don't worry guys, they mentioned Toyota's Nightshade™ Trim numerous times. Thank god they offer a trim for those of us who need blacked-out accents.

Not as dishonest as some videos I've seen though.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Omwil297

Base
First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 xj
Your Bronco Model
Base
Crappie video but in honesty I’m still on the fence between my base 4 door res with bronco and buying 4Runner orp bronco is 10k cheaper but once I go big bend and rear locker etc I’m at the same price as the orp and i know the Toyota will still be solid in 20 years and not sure I can say the same for the bronco

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

if anyone had a question about a toyota off road vehicle, the tacoma and 4runner are featured in a series called "expedition overland" there is no knocking toyota's quality for their off road vehicles. i am keeping my tacoma after i get my bronco. i fully expect my taco to be around when cockroaches are extinct.. toyota is no joke and their 4.0l v6 is a legitimate quarter million mile engine...

Omwil297

Base
First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 xj
Your Bronco Model
Base
And this is what I appreciate about my xj over the last 20 years and 225k miles no major problems and most maintenance requires three bolts that bronco scares me a bit turbos etc
Sponsored