Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Toyota USA's YouTube channel released their 4runner vs Bronco comparison video. I was surprised how thorough they were describing the Bronco but of course left out some key features and generally stuck to the base model bronco for comparison. Toyota is doing all they can to drag out their decade old platform. I wouldn't be surprised if we finally see a new 4runner next year after the jolt Bronco put into the industry.

Sponsored

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

New 4Runner is supposed to be 2023 I believe. New Tundra just revealed as a 22. Interesting they put out a video acknowledging the Bronco though

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Toyota USA's YouTube channel released their 4runner vs Bronco comparison video. I was surprised how thorough they were describing the Bronco but of course left out some key features and generally stuck to the base model bronco for comparison. Toyota is doing all they can to drag out their decade old platform. I wouldn't be surprised if we finally see a new 4runner next year after the jolt Bronco put into the industry.

If the new 4runner has comparable approach/departure angles, lockers(currently only has the rear), the ability to add 35s and is available before the Bronco, I'd buy it

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

4Runner is a great vehicle. Sometimes I see people on here griping about certain features Bronco does or does not have and all I can think is... They should go buy a 4Runner.

The video is interesting. They keep pointed out how many features are standard on 4Runner but optional on Bronco, but they neglect to mention base Bronco is $6000 cheaper and comes standard with 4x4, while the $36k base 4Runner is only 2wd.

But most important to me...

4Runner doesn't come in a 2-door.😘😘

OP
OP
KompressorV12

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Features the 4Runner has that the bronco doesn’t? Can’t tell if you’re kidding or not. You buy a 4Runner for reliability and resell, that’s it. There’s an argument to off-roadability, but never ever EVER features lol. Stepping into one is like a time machine back to the mid 2000s.

4Runner is a great vehicle. Sometimes I see people on here griping about certain features Bronco does or does not have and all I can think is... They should go buy a 4Runner.

The video is interesting. They keep pointed out how many features are standard on 4Runner but optional on Bronco, but they neglect to mention base Bronco is $6000 cheaper and comes standard with 4x4, while the $36k base 4Runner is only 2wd.

But most important to me...

4Runner doesn't come in a 2-door.😘😘

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the new 4runner has comparable approach/departure angles, lockers(currently only has the rear), the ability to add 35s and is available before the Bronco, I'd buy it
My gut says they're going the other way with it and making it even more road-oriented with even worse approach/departure angles.