Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bronco - available with a stick shift
4Runner - not available with a stick shift.

Honestly, that's ALL I need to know. Taco is more of a competitor than the 4Runner
Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me, not having a real bumper on the 4-runer ruins it. I mean what can you do with that huge blob of plastic out front? The Bronco & the Wrangler are more off-road focused & easily upgradeable. Even the Fj cruiser had a decent front end.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last edited:

Sponsored

JCAntimatter

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 4Runner TRD PRO, Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Toyota USA's YouTube channel released their 4runner vs Bronco comparison video. I was surprised how thorough they were describing the Bronco but of course left out some key features and generally stuck to the base model bronco for comparison. Toyota is doing all they can to drag out their decade old platform. I wouldn't be surprised if we finally see a new 4runner next year after the jolt Bronco put into the industry.

I just came out of a TRD PRO to get into the Bronco. I absolutely loved the 4Runner, would recommend to anyone. Im hoping the Bronco lives up to the hype. I think it will. Mine should be here next week.

Skdmarc

Outer Banks
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
New 4Runner is supposed to be 2023 I believe. New Tundra just revealed as a 22. Interesting they put out a video acknowledging the Bronco though
I saw that I wasn't swayed to purchase a 4 runner some good included options.... on 15 year old platform lol

Smudgy

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None at the moment
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
4Runner is a great vehicle. Sometimes I see people on here griping about certain features Bronco does or does not have and all I can think is... They should go buy a 4Runner.

The video is interesting. They keep pointed out how many features are standard on 4Runner but optional on Bronco, but they neglect to mention base Bronco is $6000 cheaper and comes standard with 4x4, while the $36k base 4Runner is only 2wd.

But most important to me...

4Runner doesn't come in a 2-door.😘😘
Good points.

In addition to the 2-Doors availability with the Bronco, which 4-Runner does not offer and this is a showstopper for me, I would add two other showstoppers:

1-4 Runner does not have a manual
2-4 Runner is just plain UGLY (someone described it earlier as a 'Japanese Suburban')

Peace.

Sponsored

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Toyota USA's YouTube channel released their 4runner vs Bronco comparison video. I was surprised how thorough they were describing the Bronco but of course left out some key features and generally stuck to the base model bronco for comparison. Toyota is doing all they can to drag out their decade old platform. I wouldn't be surprised if we finally see a new 4runner next year after the jolt Bronco put into the industry.

I wouldn’t be surprised if I took delivery of a new 4Runner before I get my now 2023 Bronco…

NewToBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Volvo S60, 2012 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I love the 4Runner. I owned the first uni-body version one. But I laugh at the fact that they are trying to get into the Bronco conversation because they haven't been mentioned in any way as a competitor.
Sponsored