Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Let’s be honest Toyota has a big following and their only competition was Jeep. Now they need to step up their game since the Bronco launched. Did they wait too long, probably.

Do they have the resources/talent to come up with a redesign that will compete with the Bronco?

Word on the street is MY23 or MY24 will see big changes. Until then, their sales are taking a hit, could be major if Ford solves these launch issues.
Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
At one point I tried doing a side by side by side by side of the features available amongst the major manufacturers. Tundra/Taco have always been several years behind the competition. In the not too distant future....

In the past year or two they finally added remote start capability.... in the form of a subscription-service app. You still can't get the keyfob start.

Reminds me of Nissan or someone advertising their car offers blind spot monitoring -- wow, just like literally everybody else!

Last edited:

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do any other mid-size pickups have rear discs lately? I thought drums were standard on at least most of them for whatever reason.
Not so - it's the exact opposite, in fact.

4-wheel discs are standard on
-Colorado/Canyon
-Ranger
-Gladiator
-Frontier (both the ancient '20 and '21 *and* the new '22)

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the past year or two they finally added remote start capability.... in the form of a subscription-service app. You still can't get the keyfob start.
Say sike right now.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As a long time Toyota owner and a current taco owner, man it bores me. Been super reliable, like an old hunting dog but it’s time for some car excitement in my life....
Hence the bronco...
Precisely!

Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a long time Toyota owner and a current taco owner, man it bores me. Been super reliable, like an old hunting dog but it’s time for some car excitement in my life....
Hence the bronco...
Agreed. My 4th gen T4R is boring as hell but has never left me stranded once. 235k miles and nothing but routine maintenance. I almost sold it once but it just keeps working.

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Watch this video if you are thinking about getting a Taco. BTW ... I have owned several Toyotas (Landcruiser, Taco, FJ Cruiser and Tundra) BUT I will never buy another Toyota. Toyota is just unwilling to develop or adapt new technologies to their vehicles. The fact that the current Taco still uses rear drum brakes says it all.

The only Toyota that had any real style left the US about 20-25 (?) Years ago: HiLux. Now all that machine does is provide rock solid reliability to folks that really neat the heck out of them.

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I watched a TFL video where they tested a new 4Runner TRD and it had that same 4-Lo issue. Another guy had to come help shift the transfer case. Seems like a major design flaw that I’m surprised isn’t made a bigger deal of.
if it was one of there recent videos the guy didn’t shift it properly into low. Never had a problem going into low with my Fj.

I don’t like all the bells and whistles on my vehicles. It’s just more stuff to break.

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Watch the video. He talks about the fj does not have the shifting into low problem.

if it was one of there recent videos the guy didn’t shift it properly into low. Never had a problem going into low with my Fj.

I don’t like all the bells and whistles on my vehicles. It’s just more stuff to break.

Last edited:

Sponsored

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I own a 06 4L V6 Taco and i have nothing but praise for it ...... i will buy and use my Bronco but keep the Taco .... I have about $2G of updates in it and don't plan anything more .... I know way after I'm done with my Bronco the Taco will still be running strong.

Just for ref, the Ford Bronco Trail Turn Assist was copied from TOYOTA

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I really don't care about technology. Put front disc brakes and decent AC on a 69 F-250 and I'd be happy.

Tech is just their to break and make extra revenue for the manufacturer.

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Watch the video. He talks about the fj does not the shifting into low problem.
pretty sure the man was in park when he tried putting it into low. It’s supposed to be in neutral. He then jockeys It some more further causing problems with the computer. His son then has to reset the computer by shutting it off and starting over. I had a tundra with no issues and we test drove a 4 runner before we bought her jeep last October. We had no issue with putting it into low on the test drive.
The jeep Jl on the other hand is quite the pita putting it into low. Her jk was
Not a problem.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My sons Taco is a bit glitchy going into low range. He has to being rolling slightly, in neutral, which can be problematic if stuck.... He also had an anti lock brake sensor go out recently and it wouldn't shift into 4wd high until fixed. Not to mention suspension/alignment issues resultant from the previous owner doing a 3" front/2" rear spacer lift. We replaced with coilovers/UCA/rear leafs...all good now. That said, I'm still OK with spacer lifts less than 2".
Sponsored