First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lol, haters gonna hate I guess. I wouldn't mind if my 17' Tacoma had more power, but last time I checked Toyota sold as many Tacoma's as Ford sold Rangers, Chevy sold Colorado's, and GMC sold Canyon's combined. Last JD Powers report had Toyota at #5, Ford at #10. Last time I checked the resale on my 17', my cost to drive it 4 years, not including changing the oil, gas, and insurance, is about $2k depreciation per year. The new Bronco won't be anywhere close to that. If I ever buy a Bronco, it'll be in spite of its inferior quality and higher depreciation.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I watched a TFL video where they tested a new 4Runner TRD and it had that same 4-Lo issue. Another guy had to come help shift the transfer case. Seems like a major design flaw that I’m surprised isn’t made a bigger deal of.
if it was one of there recent videos the guy didn’t shift it properly into low. Never had a problem going into low with my Fj.

I don’t like all the bells and whistles on my vehicles. It’s just more stuff to break.
Watch the video. He talks about the fj does not have the shifting into low problem.
pretty sure the man was in park when he tried putting it into low. It’s supposed to be in neutral. He then jockeys It some more further causing problems with the computer. His son then has to reset the computer by shutting it off and starting over. I had a tundra with no issues and we test drove a 4 runner before we bought her jeep last October. We had no issue with putting it into low on the test drive.
The jeep Jl on the other hand is quite the pita putting it into low. Her jk was
Not a problem.
I agree with Bison, was definitely discussed as it being user error.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You must be a giant because I’m 6’4” and can drive a Tacoma without the seat all the way back.
I'm not and to me the newer tacos feel as tight as my tiny ass comanche. Recently had to drive a 2000 something land cruiser and felt like i was stuck up against the windshield like a cj7. I have never felt comfortable or at peace in a japanese car. I cant think of a single one. Just wrong in all the right places. I've tried, I've shopped but never liked em. I did drive in a 80s z-car that was decent~ish.

Sorry i know yall love em, just dont know why.

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I had an early 3rd gen Taco (2016.5) up until about a year ago. It was in the shop a number of times in the first year of ownership (mainly electrical issues and then stuff the dealer screwed up) but then was solid after that. Overall I liked it and was a good size, but then I upgraded to a Ram that is better in every way (and has not been in the shop for anything so far) except harder to park and 2 mpg less. Worth it for the zf 8 speed compared to the taco’s lazy 6 speed alone.

Sponsored

KEM IA

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Had a 05 Tacoma with a manual...I still mis that truck. Very reliable. Now have a 2012 tundra and keeping it. Yes a boring truck but reliable. Can't wait for MY22 Bronco. Don't fail me ford.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco will not be without it's flaws so don't all be such haters.

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Tacoma was bulletproof...

Ford Bronco Toyota Tacoma .. issues slade048

slade049.jpg

Last edited:

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Watch this video if you are thinking about getting a Taco. BTW ... I have owned several Toyotas (Landcruiser, Taco, FJ Cruiser and Tundra) BUT I will never buy another Toyota. Toyota is just unwilling to develop or adapt new technologies to their vehicles. The fact that the current Taco still uses rear drum brakes says it all.

Thanks for sharing that! I wasn’t looking at a Tacoma, but have a neighbour here who is a fan. I can certainly relate to this guys sensor issues re Adaptive cruise, and electrical gremlins. I used to drive Toyota Sequioa Platinum and it too had the same issues as regards the sensors locking you out of cruise after they got dusty or misty from a rain.... and a rear window that would be happy to go down but never go back up if you made the mistake of hitting the button. Otherwise, it was a good ride if a little on the large side for me comfort wise (the drivers seat was like Grampa’s lazyboy - sloppy to sit in, easy to sleep in).

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think Toyota is doing the same thing the Big 3 did in the 1970/80s... resting on there laurels and letting there name sell the product instead of the quality.
The quality of Toyota pickups to me doesn't seem a whole lot better than it did in 1988. They feel flimsy.

Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm not doubting the guy has had issues with his truck, but his problems are not as pervasive as he makes it sound. The taillight issue is not a common problem and I've never heard of someone having the low range issue either. I've been fairly active on the forums for 3 years.

Hey if you don't like Toyotas, just don't buy one. I'm trading in my Taco Pro for a Bronco not because the truck is a bad one, but because I want a Bronco.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Isn’t there a Toyota forum for this?

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Toyota trucks might be out dated but they working on new ones and might have them out on the market before Ford gets the Bronco out in the market

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was looking at a Tacoma TRD Pro at the Philly Auto Show a few years ago. Amazing how dated they are. And the rear drums just made me laugh. I guess they go by "if it isn't broke, don't break it" motto.
I still really don’t understand this. You think the Tacoma interior is out dated compared to the Bronco? I think they’re actually wicked similar.
Sponsored