Badsquatch2021

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tbd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
CarBuzz wrote up an article about the name "Trailhunter" Toyota is throwing around in secret. Could this be the return of the FJ? You guys seen anything else about this vehicle?
Sponsored

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One of my brothers mentioned it last night as a Bronco/Jeep fighter? No other info...

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As excited as I am about the Bronco, if a new FJ arrives in the next 12 months I'd have to seriously consider it. I don't need anything fancy and Toyota reliability in my bad weather / go anywhere / keep it forever and beat the snot out of it vehicle would be very appealing.

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

New 4Runner looks to be released next year. FJ based on the same body, so definitely possible.

Sponsored

DustyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Badsquatch2021

Badsquatch2021

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tbd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As excited as I am about the Bronco, if a new FJ arrives in the next 12 months I'd have to seriously consider it. I don't need anything fancy and Toyota reliability in my bad weather / go anywhere / keep it forever and beat the snot out of it vehicle would be very appealing.
Same here. I'm 100% getting a bronco, but I've always been an FJ fan. I'd really like to see a more powerful motor and an updated radio. Maybe by the time it's out I'll win the lotto and can have both. Of course that is assuming this Trailhunter is not a cuv or some trim of another platform.

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm getting a Bronco despite it being a Ford. My last 3 cars have been Toyotas and the only thing keeping me from just getting a Tacoma right now is 2 fold - the 3.5L engine has been thoroughly panned by critics and drivers AND I'm moving to the mountains and downsizing so I gave up my fun convertible (Miata) and I'm selling my RWD truck (Tacoma) and I wanna combine both vehicles into one - thus Bronco.

BUT if there's a wrangler/bronco fighter from Toyota I'd be first in line for it. However, I fully expect that this ISN'T that, but more likely a trim level. And it will still likely have the 3.5 engine, which again, is keeping me from just buying a new Tacoma right now anyways.

Sponsored

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BUT if there's a wrangler/bronco fighter from Toyota I'd be first in line for it. However, I fully expect that this ISN'T that, but more likely a trim level. And it will still likely have the 3.5 engine, which again, is keeping me from just buying a new Tacoma right now anyways.
I would be right there with you racing to be first. I agree also with your trim level comment. I do recall where some Toyota executives came to the annual FJ Cruiser get together in Durango, CO.
They couldn't believe how many times they heard that we Americans would like a small diesel choice.

I had the pleasure of driving a diesel Prado in Costa Rica. If Toyota could make a something like that for the US I would have to say goodbye to the Bronco.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hunting horses is just wrong. I'm sorry I know yall are a bunch of toyota lovers on here. I really dont get it. Living in Hawaii our islands are lousy with toyotas. Its not that I just dislike their looks, or their engines. I occasionally have been forced to ride, drive, or work out of em. Inside or behind the wheel its just all wrong. Nothing is convienent, I simply dont fit in em. Seats arent comfortable and every thing seems well polished cheapness. Not to mention I have towed 2 late model tacomas back to the farm after their owners called me for help getting em off the road so nobody steals their parts. Sure maybe in the 70s and 80s they knew how to copy a CJ real well and improve on it and they made a pretty nice small truck with decent axles. But everything after that has been a compromise to try and compete in american markets and they just havent made anything good. Maybe in other markets they sell better stuff. I have heard stories. But not in the US. Sorry yall. I might put toyota in my top 20 manufacturers list maybe.

Ecobeast

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If Toyota has any sense and are actually planning an FJ replacement of some kind they need to announce it or at least get the rumor mill pumping harder before bronco deliveries start. They could take a little wind out of Fordā€™s sails if they timed it right. I know an FJ replacement that deals with the first gens short comings would be very very tempting. The FJ is my favorite vehicle Iā€™ve ever owned and I struggle to remember why I ever sold it!