Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You all liked my bracket design enough that I went ahead and created a bunch of them and an Ecommerce site to spread the love.
Find the bracket here - https://puravidaoffroad.com/shop/ols/products/traction-board-mount

The design goal was to have my traction boards with me at all times but unobtrusive in taking up space or impeding visibility. The boards are tucked up behind the roll bar so you'll forget they're even there until you need them. They fit within the MIC hardtop and the boards and brackets can easily be mounted with the hard top in place. The brackets and boards technically fit within the soft top as well, however, I'm not a fan of how little clearance there is between the bracket platform and the rear window of the soft top. I'd be afraid that there would be flex in the soft top, causing the to rub and cause damage over time.

These traction board brackets mount to the existing nutserts that are located on almost all 4 door Bronco roll bars. The only exception is that the very early 2021 4 dr Broncos don't have the mounting holes.

Here's a bunch of pics. Feel free to ask questions or provide feedback on improvements or new designs.

Ford Bronco Traction Board Mounting Brackets by Pura Vida Offroad 2

Ford Bronco Traction Board Mounting Brackets by Pura Vida Offroad 7

Ford Bronco Traction Board Mounting Brackets by Pura Vida Offroad 6

Ford Bronco Traction Board Mounting Brackets by Pura Vida Offroad 8

Here's a sneak peak of what I'm working on next. Making some modifications to the vertical portions of the attic tray, but my goal is to store my recovery gear up there. ARB boards will also mount underneath the attic tray, however, Maxtrax boards are a little too long to fit between the roll bar and brackets.
Ford Bronco Traction Board Mounting Brackets by Pura Vida Offroad 10
Sponsored

Last edited:

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Trying to picture how this will work with a soft top, if at all. Also would kinda suck to have to store muddy traction boards back up there

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Trying to picture how this will work with a soft top, if at all. Also would kinda suck to have to store muddy traction boards back up there
This was covered in his other thread. These brackets are only for storage. If the boards are deployed, you could just mount them to your spare with bungees until you get back home when you clean your gear. At which time, you can then store your clean traction boards back on the brackets.

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I built these for my needs, and I'm a weekend warrior so I'm not as concerned about using them all the time and constantly having to store muddy boards inside. If that were the case, I'd probably opt for tailgate storage as there's some good solutions out there.

TenSeven

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ordered the brackets on Saturday night, got the shipping notice on Sunday afternoon, impressive!

Now I have my eye on that attic shelf, it looks like a great idea. I am absolutely no expert, but I'd suggest more cutouts/slots on the side plates and rear lip for bungee cord hooks to secure any gear that might want to jump around?

Sponsored
OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ordered the brackets on Saturday night, got the shipping notice on Sunday afternoon, impressive!

Now I have my eye on that attic shelf, it looks like a great idea. I am absolutely no expert, but I'd suggest more cutouts/slots on the side plates and rear lip for bungee cord hooks to secure any gear that might want to jump around?
Yeah, those are pretty much the modifications I'm making. I think it sits just a little bit too tall, and the Molle cutouts are too large. I'm reducing the height by 1/2" and making the cutouts the standard size which should allow for more of them.

4xFord

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome idea, great work. As a fly-fisherman I could also envision a bungie run underneath to anchor some rigged rods down the middle and some paracord up front.

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Super interested in this solution for the soft top. Let me know if you need a guinea pig. I'd be more than happy to do a fit check and help with figuring out the proper adjustments.

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Learning pains as I build the plane while flying (I do have a day job after all :)). I had to cancel an order because it was shipping to Mexico and the minimum shipping charge between DHL, UPS, and Fedex was $244.

If any of you have experience with this, how have you handled International shipping? I must be missing something.

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let me know when you receive the package as I'm very curious to see how my packaging held up, and to make sure there was no rubbing of the two parts together in transit.

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely in for the basket setup if it ends up working with the soft top.
As you mentioned, great spot for recovery stuff or smaller items to free up space.
As it is, it is a dead zone of potential.
This is the brilliance I love to see people come up with and I'd love to support growing your business by buying a setup once you get it dialed in (and if it works with the ST).

Excellent vision and work.

_jeff

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Lightning Pro, 14 FLD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Both of these products are brilliant. I already store my traction boards in the gap immediately behind the back seat (4 door) and they fit perfectly width-wise but I will absolutely take one of these platforms for my soft-top. Recovery gear, first-aid, fire-extinguisher, etc…

Apex_Chaser

Outer Banks
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I really love the idea of the attic basket. I would be in if it works for a soft top. Think it would be a game changer if it could be lowered and swung out for easier access. Think how an old tackle box hinges to showcase the gear.

Hedrock

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr EG Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Im in on this attic basket for my soft top - safari mode or the front flipped back is as open air as I usually get and it’d be nice to free up cargo enclosure space for long road trips

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You all liked my bracket design enough that I went ahead and created a bunch of them and an Ecommerce site to spread the love.
Find the bracket here - https://puravidaoffroad.com/shop/ols/products/traction-board-mount

The design goal was to have my traction boards with me at all times but unobtrusive in taking up space or impeding visibility. The boards are tucked up behind the roll bar so you'll forget they're even there until you need them. They fit within the MIC hardtop and the boards and brackets can easily be mounted with the hard top in place. The brackets and boards technically fit within the soft top as well, however, I'm not a fan of how little clearance there is between the bracket platform and the rear window of the soft top. I'd be afraid that there would be flex in the soft top, causing the to rub and cause damage over time.

These traction board brackets mount to the existing nutserts that are located on almost all 4 door Bronco roll bars. The only exception is that the very early 2021 4 dr Broncos don't have the mounting holes.

Here's a bunch of pics. Feel free to ask questions or provide feedback on improvements or new designs.

Here's a sneak peak of what I'm working on next. Making some modifications to the vertical portions of the attic tray, but my goal is to store my recovery gear up there. ARB boards will also mount underneath the attic tray, however, Maxtrax boards are a little too long to fit between the roll bar and brackets.
I like the extra storage and would order if it works with the soft top flipping back.
Sponsored