Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey, all.

We have a 4/4 build date and have to get rid of the vehicle we're shedding to make room for our Bronco. Having never ordered a vehicle before, I have a bad feeling about showing up on the day our delivery is ready only to have the GM offer a Carvana-like lowball trade-in figure. Has anyone else done this?

We got a pretty decent offer to sell the car outright to the dealer we purchased it from, some $6K to $8K over CarGuru, KBB, Carvana, etc... offers. I'm inclined to offload the ride now, and roll with one car until the Bronco delivers.

Any other advice? I don't think there's a ton of wiggle room when most dealers would be happy if we abandoned our orders so they can mark it up and throw it on the lot.

Thank you and be well.
Sponsored

clarkT

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you got an offer above vroom or carvana from the dealer, sell it now! Though you should be able to get that offer and a mileage cap in writing so you can keep your car for a while. It takes at least 2 more weeks after build to get your car. You may be looking at May if any slips on build or shipping delay.

Vroom made me an offer and was super easy to deal with. They flipped my car but only for like 1200 more… after they had all the cost of picking it up and detailing and shipping to new buyer I doubt they made much. Car prices are high right now! That said, you could list it to sell yourself. You now know what a dealer and online companies think it’s worth. Tack on 500 bucks above average offer and see while you wait!

umpire19

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sold my F150 to carvana for 2600 more than dealer was willing to give me. Gave dealer the opportunity to match offer. They didn't. SELL IT.

Murfman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WildTrak, Cyber Orange soft top
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

go to CARMAX as well their offer is good for 7 days. My dealer gave me 8K more than I paid for m y 19 Ranger, when I traded it in for my WildTrak. Might be worth asking the dealer you are picking up from how much they will give you, if they are a different dealer than were you got this one from.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RedolentSurge

RedolentSurge

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does your State take into account trade-in's in determining your tax?
Excellent question! I live in MA but we're buying from a New Hampshire dealer. I hadn't even thought of this, as I wasn't sure what how beneficial it would be. Thanks for the thought.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My new Bronco is at the rail yard so I went to CARMAX this afternoon to get an offer. I’ve got it in writing and it’s good for 7 days.

We’ll see what the dealer offers, and I’ll go with whichever one makes then most sense.

My state does take trade ins into account on the sales tax and that will factor into my decision.

2ata

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Curr.: 2021 Ford Bronco; '77 924, '01 986, '02 911
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Carvana is usually higher than dealer offers

OP
OP
RedolentSurge

RedolentSurge

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Carvana is usually higher than dealer offers
I'd thought so too. I think I'll sell to the dealer who's interested.

Hot Pepper Diamond

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would hit up your dealer and send them the comparable offers… and see if they can match that. In the end if they’ll match it, you end up paying less taxes than putting cash towards it. So that could save you a bit more money.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RedolentSurge

RedolentSurge

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would hit up your dealer and send them the comparable offers… and see if they can match that. In the end if they’ll match it, you end up paying less taxes than putting cash towards it. So that could save you a bit more money.
Brilliant! Thank you!

Point of all this is, if you ever find yourself hijacked, you do not want me negotiating your release.

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I traded in my 2018 Explorer Sport on my FE
The dealer I was buying from gave me invoice on the FE
I got the best offer for my explorer and sent to dealer. They matched it taking in consideration my tax savings on the FE. For me it was a no brainer. It was easier to trade to the dealer i purchased from and at the end of the day i got the same money.
YMMV....

Edit...
I will do the same for the Raptor. I have in email from owner for MSRP on Raptor.
Will get the best price and see if they will match taking in consideration of the tax savings.

Vico

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Carvana is pretty dead set on their pricing when you do the initial appraisal.

They lock the appraisal in and give you (I think?) 30 days to sell it to them at that price, but only after you verify ownership/lien on the vehicle. They also ask for an odometer pic. You must sell within 1000 miles of that odometer reading to get that appraisal rate.

If you don’t sell to them within the 30 days/1000 miles, you’ll need start the process over again and get a new appraisal.

Saltlife4shore

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Dump it for the for the best price you get unless the dealer your getting the bronco through is going to do a trade price guarantee. Mine was giving me a 90 days.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just get a quote the week of. I got 7 actually. My Ford dealer ended up offering more than all of them.
Sponsored