Sponsored

Trade in crew: What will you miss most from your current ride?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
MPGs
Sponsored

Sean D

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW EOS, Jeep Rubicon, Acura RDX, Yamaha Roadstar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not trading in, but will be selling when the time comes. I'll miss the convenience of my hardtop convertible.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if I will sell my current car (an older model Acura sedan) or save it for my son that is almost old enough to start driving.

Either way, the thing I'll miss most is the extra garage space I'm giving up. The Bronco will fit but its going to be very cozy in there.

Sean492

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Ford Mustang Boss 302 and 2011 Ford F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Currently have an F-150. Lease is up in 2 weeks. Definitely going to miss having a bed, even though it's only 5.5'.
Ditto...Cab space + 6 1/2' box

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay now I need to see a Mystichrome Bronco.
I'd pay extra for a mystichrome bronco! I just sold my Mystichrome cobra last year. No longer need 600+ HP but I miss the color the most.

Sponsored

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold šŸ˜„), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Recently sold my f150 for a damn good price to use as a down payment. Never towed a lot but, damn it, I'm already missing the bed. The bed was always hauling stuff. Oh, and the CD player.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Going from this to the Bronco. The Bronco will have everything this one has as far as options, so I'm good there. Other than the wrappings the biggest difference will be going from a SFA to IFC. I think that will be easy enough.

Ford Bronco Trade in crew: What will you miss most from your current ride? 100_4759.JPG

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hah, this was the largest disagreement about a new vehicle in my family. My wife wanted a Challenger, I wanted the Bronco. Ultimately the Bronco means more to me than the Challenger meant to my wife and I won out, but it wasn't easy. But we also had to negotiate the Bronco color (she only does black - I wanted Cyber Orange, black it is).
as much as I love the challenger. It only does one thing really well while I feel like the added capability of the bronco is more appealing. 14 years working in disaster response I am accustomed to something more rugged.

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2016 Camaro 2SS, Bronco Wildtrak will replace it.

Will miss the sound of 6.2L V8 engine definitely, will miss the HUD, also the attention grabbing. These kind of cars are so common, but same time so rare in CT.
When I drive, people get excited, take pictures a lot.

Ford Bronco Trade in crew: What will you miss most from your current ride? 1614704811578

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nothing worse than transitioning off a lease into a purchase. So what I'll miss is that near $30k of cash to step into a purchase to get my payments back down without a trade-in.

The kick in the pants is that my buy-out for a perfectly capable, 30+mpg loaded outback with 20k miles, is less than the down payment for the Bronco. So instead of spending ~$24k to buy out the outback and extinguish my $335/mo payment. I am going to put down $28k, only to turn around and take on $500/mo payments, plus I'll get half the MPGs. Its a horrible decision financially, but oh well. Gotta have it.

Last edited:

96ExplorerSport

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I love almost everything about my '96 Explorer Sport, except the less-than-premium audio quality and aftermarket Bluetooth radio that doesn't keep time. I've only had the vehicle for less than 2 years but I put a lot of effort into cleaning it up. It brings me so much joy and I am proud to drive it even though my friends think I'm nuts!

I will miss having a vehicle that I use as a tool without worrying about. I will miss having a vehicle not still often seen on the roads. I will miss the 90s exterior & interior design, especially the dash & speedometer. It will be so hard to part with her!

20190922_153052.jpg

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay now I need to see a Mystichrome Bronco.
I heavily considered getting black. And doing one of those old school hockey stick stripes in Mystichrome coming off the hood and going down the sides.

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford Edge, 2012. Iā€™ll miss $50,000 when I trade it in. Iā€™ll miss not having a car payment.

Iā€™ll miss, ā€œeh, who caresā€ when something spills inside. Iā€™ll miss parking it on the street (when possible) because the Bronco is going to *live* inside my parking ramp.

Like me in the early 1980s, the Bronco will have to go home after the streetlights come on. Ainā€™t no way Iā€™m leaving it on the street to get stolen or dinged (or totaled ...) by drunks. Nor do I want the fleabags trying to rifle through it for quick merchandise.

Iā€™ll miss knowing that it was late in the engineering lifecycle and therefore the bugs had been found and eradicated. 118K miles and barely had to do anything other than change the oil and rotate the tires.

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2015 F-350 SRW powerstroke.

I'll miss passing semi trucks up the 6-7% grades out of Phoenix while pulling my 39' 5er. That 6.7 diesel has been nothing short of amazing for hauling. But, the 5-er's gone now, so I don't NEED 850 lbs of torque. Still WANT it, but don't NEED it :)

I WON'T miss the bone jarring ride offroad that only a heavy haul rig can provide!
Sponsored