Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 REB HEL,‘18 F250, ‘15 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

So I have a conundrum, I have my name on three Broncos. Please don’t judge, just looking for advice. When I first started looking there wasn’t much on the lots with the options I wanted. I mentioned to my dealer that I loved the look of the HE-L’s. A week later he called and said he just got his allocation for their HE-L and it was mine if I wanted it, so I jumped on it. It is still unscheduled as of today. In seeing all the issues with the Heritage builds and all they schedule dates slipping, I decided to place a retail order with the same dealer in May just to hedge my bets. A few weeks ago I found an OBX similar to the one I ordered but not the right color and for some unknown reason, without AUX switches. (Why they aren’t standard is beyond me). It is built and should arrive at the dealer early June. If I were to by it I would definitely trade it in for the ordered OBX or HE-L. I’m sure there are members out there who are on their second bronco or have traded one in for one reason or another. I’m curious what trade in values people are seeing? How much of a waste of money would it be to own a Bronco for 3 to 6 months while I wait for one of the other ones?
Ford Bronco Trade in values IMG_2855
Ford Bronco Trade in values IMG_2852
Sponsored

BurtMacklin

Outer Banks
First Name
AMS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB 4 DR / 22 F150 / 23 OBX 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am waiting for my 2nd Bronco and brought my ‘22 Big Bend 4Dr to the dealer for an estimate. It’s mint, 7k miles, lots of upgrades (though I know dealers don’t necessarily care) - they’ll give me 40k and not a dime more. I paid 40, so I guess I shouldn’t be super disappointed 🤷🏼‍♀️

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

3-6 months is an eternity right now. With interest rates increasing and banks going under, you should probably wait for the HE. Your dealer is going to love the fact you bail on the OBX as they will easily sell it.

Hot Pepper Diamond

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I drove a soft top BD bronco for one year, traded it in with 17k miles for a brand new 23 BD with a hard top… everything else was the same minus color… but I paid $1200 out the door for the new model. Was pretty happy with that!

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yesterday’s trades are not a great indicator of trade value 6 months from now. A couple months ago I got an estimate from Carvana for my year old Sasquatch with $43.5k msrp and the estimate was in the 30s. The market is cooling imo. I believe inflation is leveling off and with higher interest rates and some fearing recession, auto inventory will increase, putting pressure on the crazy prices we have seen.

Last edited:

Sponsored

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I have a conundrum, I have my name on three Broncos. Please don’t judge, just looking for advice. When I first started looking there wasn’t much on the lots with the options I wanted. I mentioned to my dealer that I loved the look of the HE-L’s. A week later he called and said he just got his allocation for their HE-L and it was mine if I wanted it, so I jumped on it. It is still unscheduled as of today. In seeing all the issues with the Heritage builds and all they schedule dates slipping, I decided to place a retail order with the same dealer in May just to hedge my bets. A few weeks ago I found an OBX similar to the one I ordered but not the right color and for some unknown reason, without AUX switches. (Why they aren’t standard is beyond me). It is built and should arrive at the dealer early June. If I were to by it I would definitely trade it in for the ordered OBX or HE-L. I’m sure there are members out there who are on their second bronco or have traded one in for one reason or another. I’m curious what trade in values people are seeing? How much of a waste of money would it be to own a Bronco for 3 to 6 months while I wait for one of the other ones?
Just wait. Used vehicle values are coming down. You won't trade out of it with equity.

OP
OP
18KingRanch

18KingRanch

Heritage
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

3-6 months is an eternity right now. With interest rates increasing and banks going under, you should probably wait for the HE. Your dealer is going to love the fact you bail on the OBX as they will easily sell it.
I’m sure that’s why they accepted the second order. Which ever one I don’t take they will get a good ADM on and sell quickly

djnemo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mini Countryman JCW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not sure what the tax situation is in Virginia, but here in California I pay 10.25% sales tax plus about $600 in registration fees for a new car. I do not get any tax credit at trade in. If I bought my Bronco at MSRP (without financing) and sold it 6 months later for MSRP, I would be looking at a ~$6k hit.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer offered me +$4000 Kelly value for mine. I said no

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No telling what the trade in will be many months from now. Values are already down from last summer craziness and I would bet on them going down further. Just wait for the one you want.

Sponsored
OP
OP
18KingRanch

18KingRanch

Heritage
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Not sure what the tax situation is in Virginia, but here in California I pay 10.25% sales tax plus about $600 in registration fees for a new car. I do not get any tax credit at trade in. If I bought my Bronco at MSRP (without financing) and sold it 6 months later for MSRP, I would be looking at a ~$6k hit.
Glad I live in Virginia. Auto sales tax is 4.15% plus $300 in titling and other taxes and of course the BS $799 “processing fee”

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just did this. I have been looking for a two door Bronco for awhile, I tried to order one but the dealers around here couldn't order it. A 2023 4 door OBX soft top showed up at the dealer I use, so I bought it until I can get into a 2 door. The beginning of the month a local dealer had a Badlands 2 door show up. I went and traded out of my 4 door for the 2 door. I got about 1K less then I paid for the 4 door towards the 2 door. If I had know there was a two door on the way I would have waited. Or sold it out right instead of trading it in.

When you trade it in they play with the numbers to make it seem like you are getting more for it by taking less for the new one. They have a number in their books they want to make.

Again if I had known the 2 door was on the way I would have waited. If you are financing, you take a hit also for trading out to quick also.
Ford Bronco Trade in values IMG_5404.JPG

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
6 months ago people were getting crazy values on their trade ins on Broncos....They have come down quite a bit. Dealers are not offering as much as then. With higher rates we will see them come down even more. I agree with the other posters and say wait. You will be at the mercy of the dealer for the trade in for the tax credit and he is going to tell you the market is not like it was before.
I went car shopping on Sunday and the Ford lots are full...6 months ago they couldnt even get to 1/4. Times have changed, and they will continue to change 6 months from now.

ScottyC

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I drove a soft top BD bronco for one year, traded it in with 17k miles for a brand new 23 BD with a hard top… everything else was the same minus color… but I paid $1200 out the door for the new model. Was pretty happy with that!
Same story here, had a softtop BD 2021, traded for a 2022 BD hardtop and price dif was 1200 dollars. A LOT less expensive than buying a hardtop for the 2021.

TXshaggy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Porsche Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Prices are tanking. Ford is producing around 10K of these a month.

New customers ordering and getting cars quick.

6 months from now you’ll take a bath. Just wait for what you want.
Sponsored