• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 10, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 10, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Trade your Outer Banks grille for my Badlands grille?

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's been very difficult to build the perfect Bronco. :) I wen through the details with my wife and she hates the Badlands grille. She also dislikes the Outer Banks painted wheel arches, door handles and maybe mirrors. She also doesn't like the Navy Pier interior (I won't repeat what she said about Roast :LOL: ). So, it looks like Badlands may be the way to go. But the Badlands grille seems to be a non-starter for her.

Anyone think they might want to trade an Outer Banks grille for our Badlands grille? That seems like the best option, rather than buying (and waiting for) an OB grille after-the-fact. Obviously, a local trade would be best, but that might take a while if I can even find someone willing.
Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There's a market place forum for swaps and trades.

Runningwaters

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It's been very difficult to build the perfect Bronco. :) I wen through the details with my wife and she hates the Badlands grille. She also dislikes the Outer Banks painted wheel arches, door handles and maybe mirrors. She also doesn't like the Navy Pier interior (I won't repeat what she said about Roast :LOL: ). So, it looks like Badlands may be the way to go. But the Badlands grille seems to be a non-starter for her.

Anyone think they might want to trade an Outer Banks grille for our Badlands grille? That seems like the best option, rather than buying (and waiting for) an OB grille after-the-fact. Obviously, a local trade would be best, but that might take a while if I can even find someone willing.
I’ll be getting an outer banks and an open to trading the grill.

Ttp2017

Black Diamond
First Name
Zachery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am also getting an outer banks but don't like the gloss black grill lol. I would definitely be open to a swap as the badlands grill is my favorite.

Unfortunately I am not local, but I would be open to trying to work out shipping if you don't find someone closer who is up for it.

OP
OP
timhood

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's good to know there are some people that are open to this idea. Obviously, it will be a long time before this comes up, depending on when we get our Broncos. I'll follow-up next year.

Sponsored

P.C

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Silverado, 1952 Chev 3100, 2016 Honda Fit
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m also interested in this trade and I am in Utah. SLC area

OP
OP
timhood

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m also interested in this trade and I am in Utah. SLC area
Ah, cool--you're local! I've got a day-one reservation, but not sure when it will come. ?

P.C

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Silverado, 1952 Chev 3100, 2016 Honda Fit
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ah, cool--you're local! I've got a day-one reservation, but not sure when it will come. ?
July 23 res, but who knows on delivery. Going with Granger will fly out and road trip back

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

When swapping grills, confirming the functionality of the Active Grille Shutters may be in order. Are they an independent controlled unit or do they have and interface to the system that has to be enabled/disable, all TBD. Here is a summary from one of my earlier posts:

Regarding Active Grille Shutters, you can see there are three grill styles available on the Bronco.
1) Base and Black Diamond: 14 openings (each consist of 2 smaller ovals), only the 3 upper middle openings has the active shutter.
2) Big Bend, Outer Banks and Wildtrak: 6 large oval openings, only 1, the upper middle opening, has the active shutter.
3) Badlands and First Edition: the Classic style grill which consists of dozens of small open oval openings. Blocking just a few of the openings may not overcome the amount of airflow that can enter in the remainder of the openings. Second, since the Badlands and First Edition are the targeted models for more serious off-roading, as far as factory stock equipment goes, you want to keep the largest grill opening possible for maximum airflow at low speeds to improve cooling.

Active Grille Shutters Compared.png

Images from - https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a33251176/2021-ford-bronco-trim-levels/

Here are several close-ups of the Active Shutter from some of the test rigs running around:
20200719_234514-jpg-jpg.jpg

2021-bronco-2-door-san-diego4-jpg.jpg

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
On the f150 the active grill shutters is a separate piece that bolts onto the back of the grill so if the bronco is the same then it should work.

when the time comes I am sure someone here will try and hopefully that persons takes lots of pics or even video the process.

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@North7
I wouldn't base anything on the test mules. In most vehicles active shutters are on an independent frame set back from the actual grille. I can't see them engineering different grille shutters arrays for different grilles.

RobCo

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, 1977 Ford Bronco project
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'd like to see this too, as I am down to the Big Bend or the Outer Banks but I prefer the Badlands grille.

EMoo22

Outer Banks
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

EMoo22

Outer Banks
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I won't hold your wifes feelings about my roast interior against you...;)
Where are you located?

OP
OP
timhood

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I won't hold your wifes feelings about my roast interior against you...;)
Where are you located?
I'm in the Salt Lake City area. But I think the biggest problem with doing a grille switch will be coordinating the switch based on deliveries, now that deliveries for reservation-holders could stretch until who-knows-when. I guess I'll know better in the coming weeks where I stand in '22 allocation. I sure didn't think my production/delivery date would be so completely unknown at this point back when I put in my Day 1 reservation. 😄 I actually thought I'd be driving it well before now. :LOL:
Sponsored