Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas, F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello B6G Hivemind, I invoke thy collective wisdom...

Purpose of Bronco: DD + family adventuremobile in the CA Sierra. (Family is 2 parental units + 2 hyperactive squeaky wheels under 5). Explore and camp where there are less people
Experience with Bronco: Las Vegas Off Roadeo, BL Mid SAS
Pep peeves: missing buttons (ie no stas-disco), weird bezels (8 in)
Commute: 46 mi roundtrip. Highway speeds in, 50/50 highway/surface streets on the way back
Current spec: BL 2.7 Mid MIC Tow WheelUpgrade

MPG difference between Base BL vs BL Sas is +1 mpg Highway for the non-Sas version.

Pros for Each
Sas gives you that really nice stance, better ground clearance. Better axles
Lux setup would give heated steering wheel (nice to have on 32 degree morning to work), better sound system, ACC, garage opener

Cons for each
Sas set up should suck more gas. more difficult for the littles to get in. longer breaking distance?
Lux setup has more tech to break. More cost to fix windshield when radar need to be recalibrated for worn tires (happened with our Atlas)

First world problem: For the stated use case what makes most sense BL Lux Non-Sas vs BL High SAS

I appreciate your input, thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drive a BL High + SAS, for the distances you are describing I would definitely go LUX package. The 12" screen and cameras are really nice to have for daily driving, and I'm already upgrading my speakers. SAS is just a wheels and fender package on the Badlands, you can do it later.

malt_liqueur

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

longer braking distance is a pro?

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would splurge and go with Lux and Sas...but if I had to choose one, I'd go Sas/High. The reason being is that from the moment you get the truck, every time you see one with 35s...you'll be thinking that you want them and need to get them. You'll never think about the things missing with Lux, but this truck is best with 35s. Get the optimal gearing and the 35s from day one.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Regarding the Axles on the Badlands, you are getting a Dana 210 up front regardless if you pick SAS or not. The only thing you get with SAS and the automatic transmission is 4.7 gearing versus 4.46 gearing. Unless you are planning on some serious rockcrawling I think the 4.46 gears are better simply for the fuel economy improvement.

The SAS on a badlands is mostly just a Wheel and tire upgrade (yes, you do get 4.7 gears and 0.4" of increased lift with the SAS at the expense of articulation). If you plan on doing aftermarket wheels then absolutely no reason to SAS the BL and drop another $2500.

Good luck with your choices.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello B6G Hivemind, I invoke thy collective wisdom...

Purpose of Bronco: DD + family adventuremobile in the CA Sierra. (Family is 2 parental units + 2 hyperactive squeaky wheels under 5). Explore and camp where there are less people
Experience with Bronco: Las Vegas Off Roadeo, BL Mid SAS
Pep peeves: missing buttons (ie no stas-disco), weird bezels (8 in)
Commute: 46 mi roundtrip. Highway speeds in, 50/50 highway/surface streets on the way back
Current spec: BL 2.7 Mid MIC Tow WheelUpgrade

MPG difference between Base BL vs BL Sas is +1 mpg Highway for the non-Sas version.

Pros for Each
Sas gives you that really nice stance, better ground clearance. Better axles
Lux setup would give heated steering wheel (nice to have on 32 degree morning to work), better sound system, ACC, garage opener

Cons for each
Sas set up should suck more gas. more difficult for the littles to get in. longer breaking distance?
Lux setup has more tech to break. More cost to fix windshield when radar need to be recalibrated for worn tires (happened with our Atlas)

First world problem: For the stated use case what makes most sense BL Lux Non-Sas vs BL High SAS

I appreciate your input, thanks!
Please clarify for me the radar comment. Is the ACC sensors not in the front bumper? is it for lane change correction or whatever that is in the windshield that you are talking about? Sorry my newest vehicle is my '14 Rubicon.

Kmcran

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was in the same predicament for different reasons. I decided to go with BL+high+sas. I know later down the line I will want to do a lift, bumpers and go up in tire size (probably 37s). So for me it made sense to get the sasquatch so I shouldn't have to worry about regearing later on. I also didn't want to have to worry about active cruise control when it came to changing the bumper or what not. I listened to the lux stereo at off roadeo and I liked it, but not enough to where I wouldn't want to add subs later. I didn't want to give up the garage door opener and heated steering wheel though. I found the garage opener buttons that you can wire in so that is solved, and figured I would survive without the heated steering wheel and will keep some gloves in there. Hope this helps, sorry it was long lol

Sponsored

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands Lux for sure, especially if you just want Sasquatch for the stance. The stance between the two is minimal to me. Get the Badlands options wheels and upsize the tires later if you want.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went BL+SAS+high. I live in Massachusetts and I've never had an issue with a cold steering wheel. ACC is nice and is the only reason I debated going to lux but ultimately their just didn't seem to be enough value in it for me personally

stm378

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands Lux for sure, especially if you just want Sasquatch for the stance. The stance between the two is minimal to me. Get the Badlands options wheels and upsize the tires later if you want.
Out of curiosity...I do like the look of the optional wheels, but is there something about the BL stock wheels that would preclude upsizing the tires on those? Aren't they both the same size?

Big Foot

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA Sorrento
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Between those two choices and for your uses based on that post, BL Lux

But considering it's not that much more to add SAS to the BL, I vote for BL Lux SAS
I came to the same conclusion when I was making my decision. Figured for just a bit more I won't have any of those "wish I would haves"
Sponsored