Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas, F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update, in case anyone is curious.

The better half leaned towards SAS. "It's going to be our dirt and camping car, it does not need all the extras".

So, being nudged off the fence, order was updated to BL 2.7 MIC High Tow SAS

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I drive a BL High + SAS, for the distances you are describing I would definitely go LUX package. The 12" screen and cameras are really nice to have for daily driving, and I'm already upgrading my speakers. SAS is just a wheels and fender package on the Badlands, you can do it later.
4.7 vs 4.46 is worth it up front alone if you plan on going bigger tires later. Not to mention the factory forged wheels.

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have Badlands SAS 2.7 High pkg. Got about 1900 miles on it so far. My use is exactly the same as yours. DD + family adventures. I have a 5 and 9yr. Zero complaints so far. I sometimes am envious of the BO sound system but that's it. Been on 3 weekend trips already and the Bronco has performed flawlessly and everyone has been super comfortable.

hauspwr

Badlands
First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Cabriolet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a Badlands/High/SAS... and i freaking love it. the MGV seats are incredible, the screen is giant, and it just LOOKS good. I'm super happy with what i bought. Not sure if that helps or not, but the SAS just looks so much more substantial in my opinion, it was worth it.

Sponsored

BigSkyBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Honda Element 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Regarding the Axles on the Badlands, you are getting a Dana 210 up front regardless if you pick SAS or not. The only thing you get with SAS and the automatic transmission is 4.7 gearing versus 4.46 gearing. Unless you are planning on some serious rockcrawling I think the 4.46 gears are better simply for the fuel economy improvement.

The SAS on a badlands is mostly just a Wheel and tire upgrade (yes, you do get 4.7 gears and 0.4" of increased lift with the SAS at the expense of articulation). If you plan on doing aftermarket wheels then absolutely no reason to SAS the BL and drop another $2500.

Good luck with your choices.
4.7 is MUCH better on the axles with larger tires. I would consider sacrificing a little fuel economy if you want to do anything larger than 35's in the future. If you never go above 35's and leave it stock... you can get away with the higher gearing. IMHO

BigSkyBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have Badlands SAS 2.7 High pkg. Got about 1900 miles on it so far. My use is exactly the same as yours. DD + family adventures. I have a 5 and 9yr. Zero complaints so far. I sometimes am envious of the BO sound system but that's it. Been on 3 weekend trips already and the Bronco has performed flawlessly and everyone has been super comfortable.
Honestly, the BO System isn't worth the money. The aftermarket will have higher quality and more cost effective solutions for audio.

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My thought process was I can change speakers etc way easier than gearing. I know I will go 37's eventually so the gears were more important to me.

BigSkyBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is correct thinking!
Sponsored