Sponsored

Trading in a Jeep?

Are you trading in a Jeep for your Bronco?

• Total voters

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
If there were still making those, I would love to get one! The mk 4's look really nice. trading in my focus SE with the automatic.
Trading my 2013 Focus ST. It's been a great little car!
Sponsored

Rhino67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, pathfinder, altima (miss my F150)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I plan on trading in my 16 JK. Love it and the color actually. Plus it's a manual. But I'm a Ford guy at heart and the Bronco has way to many upgrades even though I'm going base.

Does anyone have any advice trading it in? Should I be happy with blue book or will they even offer that? I know selling outright I could get a good deal being a Jeep, but then taxes go way up on the Bronco. Any advice from you more season car buyers would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
drive21bronco

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I plan on trading in my 16 JK. Love it and the color actually. Plus it's a manual. But I'm a Ford guy at heart and the Bronco has way to many upgrades even though I'm going base.

Does anyone have any advice trading it in? Should I be happy with blue book or will they even offer that? I know selling outright I could get a good deal being a Jeep, but then taxes go way up on the Bronco. Any advice from you more season car buyers would be greatly appreciated.
Jeeps bring some good money for sure, I am not sure if a dealer will give you KBB for it but they should give you close to that. I would tell you to go to a few dealers and shop around but that would be hard to do having a reservation placed some where. Maybe a month or two before your Bronco is scheduled have the dealer appraise it and let you know what it will be worth when you pick it up. If it seems low try selling it privately before you pick up your Bronco. But yea you have to remember you would need to get the trade number plus the tax savings to make it worth it. I would recommend getting your Jeep detailed before the appraisal I think it makes a big impression when they see a clean truck. Just my Opinion though.

Rhino67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, pathfinder, altima (miss my F150)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Jeeps bring some good money for sure, I am not sure if a dealer will give you KBB for it but they should give you close to that. I would tell you to go to a few dealers and shop around but that would be hard to do having a reservation placed some where. Maybe a month or two before your Bronco is scheduled have the dealer appraise it and let you know what it will be worth when you pick it up. If it seems low try selling it privately before you pick up your Bronco. But yea you have to remember you would need to get the trade number plus the tax savings to make it worth it. I would recommend getting your Jeep detailed before the appraisal I think it makes a big impression when they see a clean truck. Just my Opinion though.
Good advice. Thank you.

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Trading in my JLU unless I can wear down my wife to swapping her crossover for a bronco instead. Then I can have it all... until gas prices once again shoot up and I regret having nothing in the fleet that can do better than 20 mpg highway.

Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would recommend getting your Jeep detailed before the appraisal I think it makes a big impression when they see a clean truck. Just my Opinion though.
I just traded in my 2013 JKU two days ago. I got $500 over KBB. They didn’t even drive it, only started it to verify no CEL and mileage. Damm, JKU hasn't been washed all year long. They don’t care about how clean it is, it is going straight to wholesaler that will clean and replace whatever parts, change oil, etc. The last two vehicles I traded in were also not driven. One was a quote over the phone and was honored, sight unseen until I drove on the lot and the value was honored.

Especially with today and COVID precautions, the salesmen do not want to get into a used vehicle and put their hands on some strangers vehicle. Test drives are done solo now, no salesman ride alongs.

I traded in my wrangler because I figure come Bronco trade in day the dealer will say the market is flooded with used wranglers that were traded in for Broncos and there is no demand for Wranglers. And therefore they probably would not give good KBB trade in value, why would they if there is not a demand for them? All speculation on my part and I am not a first day or first two months reservation holder so I have at least a year to wait for my Bronco. In that time there will be more Wranglers traded in ahead of me so I did it now for a smaller car to hold me over.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Keeping my Rubicon for wheeling, adding the Bronco as my daily replacing the Audi

cmb

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Keeping my Rubicon for wheeling, adding the Bronco as my daily replacing the Audi
Hey, same as me. Replacing my Q5 with a 4 door Bronco, keeping my 2 door Rubicon also picked up a Tacoma this past spring for the shop I drive to work most of the time.
Sponsored