Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Ford Ranger & 17 Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So with all of the build in cameras on the Bronco, is there a way to hook up a hard drive or something and use them to record? For that matter is there any way to set them up to use like the Tesla cameras so that they are always recording on a cycling loop to help catch people messing with your car or to have evidence in the event of an accident?
Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So with all of the build in cameras on the Bronco, is there a way to hook up a hard drive or something and use them to record? For that matter is there any way to set them up to use like the Tesla cameras so that they are always recording on a cycling loop to help catch people messing with your car or to have evidence in the event of an accident?
Ohh I'd love this
Altho a dash mounted go pro might be more exciting from a presentation standpoint, it'd be really cool to recount your adventures from the tire level too. Especially if going across shallow streams !

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It would be really cool if this was possible. I was also wondering if there are additional camera inputs.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It would be really cool if this was possible. I was also wondering if there are addition camera inputs.
I betcha anything this will be a year 2 or 3 thing and beyond. They've demoed a great feature that opens up so many possibilities.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the issue here is the car would require some sort of hard drive and HD footage gets to be pretty big depending on its quality.

however ford would be dumb to not go after this. The cameras are revolutionary

Sponsored
OP
OP
ICT SHOCKER

ICT SHOCKER

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Ford Ranger & 17 Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ohh I'd love this
Altho a dash mounted go pro might be more exciting from a presentation standpoint, it'd be really cool to recount your adventures from the tire level too. Especially if going across shallow streams !
I plan on having a GoPro or an Insta360 on the dash device rail for sure.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

the issue here is the car would require some sort of hard drive and HD footage gets to be pretty big depending on its quality.

however ford would be dumb to not go after this. The cameras are revolutionary
I would think 1TB USB thumb drive plugged into one of the ports should more than enough capacity.
I have a 256 GB card in my GoPro and never come close to maxing it out with hours of 4K footage on it. Not sure what the resolution of the cameras are on the Bronco, but I doubt they're 4k, probably 1080.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would think 1TB USB thumb drive plugged into one of the ports should more than enough capacity.
I have a 256 GB card in my GoPro and never come close to maxing it out with hours of 4K footage on it. Not sure what the resolution of the cameras are on the Bronco, but I doubt they're 4k, probably 1080.
dunno if the USB ports in the car actually plug into the computer my guy. they are just for charging i believe

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Someone will figure out a way for the aftermarket.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

dunno if the USB ports in the car actually plug into the computer my guy. they are just for charging i believe
No, they definitely connect to the computer. That is how you can play music from a USB stick and how Android Auto and Apple Car Play function when you plug your phone in. The Bronco will also have wireless AA and ACP.

Sponsored

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, they definitely connect to the computer. That is how you can play music from a USB stick and how Android Auto and Apple Car Play function when you plug your phone in. The Bronco will also have wireless AA and ACP.
correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure allowing standard USB ports to access the computer would allow a huge hacking risk. which is why you have to access OBD for most stuff.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think this is available now, but people have been talking about recording with the built in cameras since they were first advertised. If they make it an option on future models, I am hopeful that it will be an over the air update to SYNC 4 so all the owners of previous models will have to do is add something to store the footage.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford had mentioned in their press releases that you would be able to "record and share" your off-roading adventures...

It was not clear whether this was just the path/trails you took, or whether it was actual video.

It certainly seems like it's possible... and seems that much more likely since you are able to view the front camera at significant speed from what we've seen at KOH.

Nice thing about Sync4 is that with the OTA updates, even if it's not enabled now, there is potential that if it's introduced at a later date, it could be easily enabled on already sold units.

Last edited:

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure allowing standard USB ports to access the computer would allow a huge hacking risk. which is why you have to access OBD for most stuff.
Nope, it's been pretty standard to have the USB ports connect to the infotainment system for a long time.
My 2014 F-150 had USB ports connected to the computer that could be used to connect a USB stick to play music, connect a phone, etc. There was an additional USB port under the dash pad that was used for system updates. You could actually use it to play music as well until Ford nixed that with a Sync update.
F-150 USB2 Port

OBDII is for engine control and emissions systems, which is generally separate from the infotainment that the cameras are hooked up to.
Sponsored

Last edited: