Trail control and Diff. lock on non FX4 models

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
So I picked up my truck today and trying to familiarize myself with it I do have a trail controll and diff. lock button... but no where in my package, window sticker, spec.s etc does it say I should have this and when I press the buttons nothing seems to happen on screens or that is obvious .

Ive only had a short time with it, but my question, if anyone can answer it , is , are these buttons on every model and just not active or am I missing something? Again very little play time yet as I just got it home and we headed to the pub, so maybe I,ll learn more tomorrow:)

BTW, Lariat, 4x4, crew, Sport, tow package
Sponsored

kep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
It more likely the wrong center console was installed....these things happen. Back in the early 80's I was prepping new cars for a dodge dealer, my favorite one was a omni that came in with Horizon wheels and stickers on one side and omni wheels and stickers on the other.

this would lead me to believe that there is an fx package out there missing it's buttons.

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew
Vehicle Showcase
Fairly certain trail control is FX4 only. If you are confident in what you are seeing, you may indeed have a unicorn.

OP
OP
toddiscdn

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
Heres my console buttons, unless Im mistaken those are trail control and diff lock top left and right. It would be nice if some one could confirm that the y have these and they dont function, do they just put the same array in every truck or are the eliminated on models that do not have those options?

20190113_090825_resized.jpg

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Heres my console buttons, unless Im mistaken those are trail control and diff lock top left and right. It would be nice if some one could confirm that the y have these and they dont function, do they just put the same array in every truck or are the eliminated on models that do not have those options?

20190113_090825_resized.jpg
Since you don’t have an FX4, you won’t have it. Normal you turn on terrain control with the center button in the 4x4 wheel.

2019-ford-ranger-lariat-fx4-interior-transfer-case-selector.jpg

Stumblios

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ranger FX4 LVL II
Since you don’t have an FX4, you won’t have it. Normal you turn on terrain control with the center button in the 4x4 wheel.

2019-ford-ranger-lariat-fx4-interior-transfer-case-selector.jpg
That is terrain management it's different from trail contril, two different systems.

Lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe/Tundra/Fusion
As a side note the guys on the F150forum work all kinds of magic with a FORscan tool adding features from higher trim lines and changing preferences like the double honk. Perhaps a sticky would be warranted of features added or modified.

OP
OP
toddiscdn

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
So, I did not expect my truck to have these and am pretty sure it doesn't, but Im just trying to figure why the symbols are there instaed of a blank like they used to do. Thats one of the issues with having one of the first out here, nothing to compare it to.

I am interested in the FORscan as well, mainly since I hate the Ford chime and want it off, lol.

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I've seen the Auto-Start-Stop button take up the top space in most of the non FX4 reviews but that may vary if you have the e-locker.

I believe the terrain management button would be the center cicular button in the 4wd selector.

Last edited:

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You don't need Forscan for to remove the chimes; there is a simple procedure involving latching and unlatching the seatbelts that turns them off. I'm sure someone will post the procedure once we start getting more of them on the road .

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
You don't need Forscan for to remove the chimes; there is a simple procedure involving latching and unlatching the seatbelts that turns them off. I'm sure someone will post the procedure once we start getting more of them on the road .
Re seatbelts - pages 35 and 36 of the owner's manual tells how to turn the reminder off.

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Re seatbelts - pages 35 and 36 of the owner's manual tells how to turn the reminder off.
Thanks, I knew I had seen it somewhere.

Ron_W

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape titanium, 2013 c-max
This is from a 4x4 without a rear locker.
2019-01-13 (1).png

OP
OP
toddiscdn

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
Yup, Ive seen that song and dance before, I wonder how many times it will take me to get it right;)

What about the door one? Thats the one that really bugs me
Sponsored