Sponsored

Trail One Pedal Driving - what is it and can it be turned off?

BE_

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 jeep cherokee, piece of junk Korean car
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

the 2.7l engine is bundled with a lot of junk. turn assist, trail control, auto transmission, and... "trail one pedal driving".

some of this bloatware i can live with. turn assist and trail control can be ignored, but that "trail one pedal driving" really is not sitting right with me for one big reason: after combing through a good few interior pics, i haven't been able to find a button to turn it on.

I, who knows almost nothing about one pedal driving, am now thinking it toggles itself automatically.

this scares me.

the only real info i have been able to find on it is that it only works under 20 MPH, which is good, but now im thinking i'm gonna need to always be pressing down on the pedal to move if the bronco is going under 20mph, which sounds hecka annoying.

please, ford, can you just stop putting these computers in the gosh dang cars! they are better without!

if somebody knows more about this than i, please explain how this works.

(also sorry about adding to the number of complaint threads but i need answers)
Sponsored

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably engages with one of the selectable drove modes while in 4lo.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty sure this will only active with rock crawl GOAT mode selected.

OP
OP
BE_

BE_

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Pretty sure this will only active with rock crawl GOAT mode selected.
i hope

edit: base bronco doesn't even have the rock crawl mode...

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like many options in Fords, it might be able to be disabled in the digital instrument cluster.

Reactions: BE_

Sponsored
OP
OP
BE_

BE_

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Like many options in Fords, it might be able to be disabled in the digital instrument cluster.
if ford lets you permanently turn off "features" (bloatware) in the computer system than they've got a customer for life

DJPeterson

Wildtrak
First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus Previous 93 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I thought I read in a previous thread (can't find it as there has been so many) that it was the button in the center of the 4wd selector.

OP
OP
BE_

BE_

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I thought I read in a previous thread (can't find it as there has been so many) that it was the button in the center of the 4wd selector.
thats the trail control (offroad cruse control)

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thought I saw a video that said what this does is allow the Bronco to control the Brake so you don't have to. Basically when you let off the gas, the brake comes on to keep you from going back or something.

Sorry... to many posts to ever remember where I saw this.

Jrod0486

Black Diamond
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm certain it'll be in an option you have to turn on in the gauge cluster. The only things that will default on are traction and stability control.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I test drove a Tesla model Y the other day that was configured for “one pedal driving”. I never could get the hang of it. There didn’t seem to be enough control. Sometimes I want to stop faster and sometimes slower/smoother. It basically had one variety. Back to back with a “normal” model 3 was night and day.

I suppose over time I could learn when to lift for a stop sign from a certain speed, but my preference is for the car to do what I want rather than me having to learn how to get the car to do something close to that. I would definitely need to be able to turn that off. It’s really not that complicated using two pedals.

RedTetsu13

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Elantra Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

the 2.7l engine is bundled with a lot of junk. turn assist, trail control, auto transmission, and... "trail one pedal driving".

some of this bloatware i can live with. turn assist and trail control can be ignored, but that "trail one pedal driving" really is not sitting right with me for one big reason: after combing through a good few interior pics, i haven't been able to find a button to turn it on.

I, who knows almost nothing about one pedal driving, am now thinking it toggles itself automatically.

this scares me.

the only real info i have been able to find on it is that it only works under 20 MPH, which is good, but now im thinking i'm gonna need to always be pressing down on the pedal to move if the bronco is going under 20mph, which sounds hecka annoying.

please, ford, can you just stop putting these computers in the gosh dang cars! they are better without!

if somebody knows more about this than i, please explain how this works.

(also sorry about adding to the number of complaint threads but i need answers)
It's Ford's version of off-road cruise control. The pedal you'd be working is the brake. It requires the vehicle to be in neutral to activate if I remember right, (search for Ford Ranger Trail Control). Basically you can set the speed in one mile per hour increments starting from 1 to 20. This is more or less to simulate a Manual's Granny gear for the Auto drivers. But your primary fear of having to press the gas pedal down to move won't be a worry, the one pedal driving is reference to the brakes rather than the gas. -- I don't own a Ford which has this so reconfirm with Youtube videos demonstrating the Trail Control from Ford (since they go hand & hand).
Sponsored