F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
In the video it shows he had to grind some brackets to make it fit, this cost to much to have defects like that

No cutting needed. Kit includes carriage bolts for the windshield mount.
Sponsored

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

can the side (glass) racks handle the water port? I think I saw it in one of the pictures, does it need additional attachments?
Curious about this same thing. The water port weighs 42 lbs filled. I asked JCR Offroad about their side mounts that rest on the windows and they didn't reply. This setup looks better for that purpose.

jjcsr74

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 FJ '15 GT500, '21 BadSquatch, '22 BLk Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had mine on for weeks and love it overall, I only had a small hiccup with ears that mount the wind deflector being a bit too close, so I had to spread them a bit so the TSlot nuts fit side-by-side. Other than that...it's a great rack. Hopefully should be mounting my cargo boxes, light bar, and traxx tomorrow.
Ford Bronco Trail Rax Modular Roof Rack With Pak Rax ** Install Video ** unnamed
Ford Bronco Trail Rax Modular Roof Rack With Pak Rax ** Install Video ** unnamed (1)

OP
OP
Middleton Motorsports

Middleton Motorsports

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
MM Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shop.middletonmotorsports.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've had mine on for weeks and love it overall, I only had a small hiccup with ears that mount the wind deflector being a bit too close, so I had to spread them a bit so the TSlot nuts fit side-by-side. Other than that...it's a great rack. Hopefully should be mounting my cargo boxes, light bar, and traxx tomorrow.
Ford Bronco Trail Rax Modular Roof Rack With Pak Rax ** Install Video ** unnamed (1)
Looks great!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Middleton Motorsports

Middleton Motorsports

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
MM Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shop.middletonmotorsports.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Looks great! Sometime when you have a chance can you take some photos with the roof off and get some photos of it inside looking out?

The front two panels are removable. The center panel possibly, we started to take it out, but thought it might scratch the roof when re installing so we stopped.

Summit981

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman, MINI GP2, MINI Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Pak Rax load rating: 70 lbs per side respectively
  • Static load rating of the rack: 850 lbs evenly distributed across the rack
  • Dynamic load rating of the rack: 250 lbs evenly distributed across the rack
Technical info from the trailrax website.

Looks good to me. This setup + an interior modded for sleeping in for 2 ppl and we got a nice compact overlanding machine.
Awesome. Definitely a nice off-roader. But those 37s are a bad choice for overlanding. You want maximum range and mpg for overlanding and 33s are a better compromise to get there. Secondly, you just won’t find 37s when you need to replace tires while traveling down in South America or Africa or over in Saudi. And 31s are standard and 33s are the largest legal tires for overland rigs in the Australian Outback.

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

LOVE THIS RACK!!!! :). I think its great that it comes with an integrated wind deflector!!! Very NICE!!!

Now.....I wonder if they will make a COMBO - wind-deflector-with-lightbar mount option......Is that even possible?

EDIT: ok...nm, I just visited their site and they do have it :). Haha!! NEXT purchase!!!!

Last edited:

ried

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
An announcement email was sent out on day two of shipping the product where we had disclosed to customers that some customers were seeing this issue and we have now started to include carriage bolts and nuts for the customer so that grinding is not required. This fixed the issue and internally our team was working on the instructions and installation video in the meantime. As the customer, you should have received that announcement letting you know.

We will admit that there was this issue initially but we fixed it as swiftly and quickly as we can to help our customers.
I'm an early (8/3 shipping) customer who received the original hardware set. Did not receive an email from @TrailRax about it. I did, however, email TrailRax on 8/11 about black oxide washers, since one of mine was missing and another was mis-cut. Have not received a reply.

Just emailed again about those black oxide washers. Hope to hear from you guys. Thanks.

Last edited:

Sponsored

vanlab

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrek, Ford transit, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Oops wrong spot

Last edited:

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The bad: Front bolts are a nightmare. I could have thought of several ways to make that easier. It’s so bad I won’t be removing my top… ever. A slight design change could have made this better and easier to remove.

The good: Wind noise is never an issue.
Ford Bronco Trail Rax Modular Roof Rack With Pak Rax ** Install Video ** 04CD5EDC-0E72-485C-BDE3-602EB32DF02C

vanlab

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrek, Ford transit, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The bad: Front bolts are a nightmare. I could have thought of several ways to make that easier. It’s so bad I won’t be removing my top… ever. A slight design change could have made this better and easier to remove.

The good: Wind noise is never an issue.
Ford Bronco Trail Rax Modular Roof Rack With Pak Rax ** Install Video ** 04CD5EDC-0E72-485C-BDE3-602EB32DF02C

Front bolts near the fairing or on the raxpax mounts?

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Front bolts near the fairing or on the raxpax mounts?
Front bolts. Not pax bolts etc. the rest is easy. Those two front bolts on each side are horrific to day the least.

My teenage son has long thin guitar playing fingers and it was still brutal.

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm an early (8/3 shipping) customer who received the original hardware set. Did not receive an email from @TrailRax about it. I did, however, email TrailRax on 8/11 about black oxide washers, since one of mine was missing and another was mis-cut. Have not received a reply.

Just emailed again about those black oxide washers. Hope to hear from you guys. Thanks.
We will get you sorted first thing Tuesday morning! So sorry for the delay!
Sponsored