chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have talked to folks at Trail Ready a couple of times and I am going to pull the trigger.
They are willing to bore the hubs properly for the Bronco, double drill for TPMS and rapid air down valves and they have a setup that gives about 19mm offset so just 11mm of stock Sasquatch.

I can't justify the USA forged, but I sure want them. Probably going all polished to keep them looking nicer longer.

and I am going to try them as true beadlocks. I looked Hutchinson/Rockmonster but I couldn't stomach the custom Forged price (more than TrailReadys!) I have a thing for USA made and TR fits that bill. I like the machine on the Innov8 wheels, but they don't have a positive offset wheel and I don't like how the bead lock hardware is exposed.

https://secure.trbeadlocks.com/images/view.aspx?productId=1
Or USA forged
https://secure.trbeadlocks.com/17x8-125-45hd17beadlockwheel-1.aspx

A7764A0D-14C6-454E-B4F1-63F98183751D.jpeg
Sponsored

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Trail Ready makes great wheels. Did you check out KMC’s offerings?

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, I couldn't find where they were made... so I didn't dig deeper.
KMC is based out of Colorado. All of their KMC wheels CUSTOM wheels are manufactured in Buena Park, California, USA.

However, they do manufacture KMC and other brands in other countries. But, those wheels aren't marketed to the U.S., imported to the U.S., or manufactured in the U.S.

So if you buy KMC, you're buying American Made wheels.

EDIT: The article I looked at was old and misleading. Sorry!

Last edited:

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

KMC is based out of Colorado. All of their KMC wheels are manufactured in Buena Park, California, USA.

However, they do manufacture other brands in other countries. But, those wheels aren't marketed to the U.S., imported to the U.S., or manufactured in the U.S.

So if you buy KMC, you're buying American Made wheels.
All "custom" KMC wheels are made in CA. Their standard line of wheels are made in China and most definitely sold in the USA.

Sponsored
OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
All "custom" KMC wheels are made in CA. Their standard line of wheels are made in China and most definitely sold in the USA.
When a company doesn't mention USA made on their website I get suspicious- I don't see it anywhere on the KMC site.

I can't seem to find a beadlock/positive offset wheel on their site either

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Forgive my ignorance but - I know the Sasquatch wheels are "beadlock capable" but what exactly does that mean? What do I need to do in order to make them actual beadlocks, and is that even necessary?

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have talked to folks at Trail Ready a couple of times and I am going to pull the trigger.
They are willing to bore the hubs properly for the Bronco, double drill for TPMS and rapid air down valves and they have a setup that gives about 19mm offset so just 11mm of stock Sasquatch.

I can't justify the USA forged, but I sure want them. Probably going all polished to keep them looking nicer longer.

and I am going to try them as true beadlocks. I looked Hutchinson/Rockmonster but I couldn't stomach the custom Forged price (more than TrailReadys!) I have a thing for USA made and TR fits that bill. I like the machine on the Innov8 wheels, but they don't have a positive offset wheel and I don't like how the bead lock hardware is exposed.

https://secure.trbeadlocks.com/images/view.aspx?productId=1
Or USA forged
https://secure.trbeadlocks.com/17x8-125-45hd17beadlockwheel-1.aspx

A7764A0D-14C6-454E-B4F1-63F98183751D.jpeg
So these are USA made? I was thinking Rockmonster and I like their design but if these are USA made and I can get for less money ..I’m in

the one cool thing about Rockmonster is they are street legal ..are these too?

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So these are USA made? I was thinking Rockmonster and I like their design but if these are USA made and I can get for less money ..I’m in
They have two versions- A overseas cast but machined in USA and a fully made in the USA version. They are very upfront about it.

Sponsored

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

the one cool thing about Rockmonster is they are street legal ..are these too?

I'll open Pandora's Box here and ask what is a street legal product? Since this gets mentioned now and then regarding beadlocks, might as well dive into it. Not much is actually known, and maybe for all of us it doesn't really matter, but what the heck, since it's a beadlock rims discussion.

Kind of two issues, what is supposed street legal rims, and second who enforces any regulations?

Here is what I understand. The DOT standard is for vehicles with 10000 lb GVWR. Does not apply to our Broncos and Jeeps. It is a standard, that the manufacturer says it meets, there is no such thing as the DOT actually approving anything. The standard regarding rims is a requirement that the specifications/capacity is marked on the rims in a specific way. So, for our 5600 GVWR Broncos (or Jeeps or anything else) there is no DOT standard (that I can find).

No one enforces it. Nothing to enforce, and the commercial division of state highway patrols and state troopers deal with commercial trucking issues. They don't even look at us. Local cops would have no idea.

So, it's a non issue. Theoretically, if a company says their wheel is DOT approved, it would mean they have stamped the wheel with it's size and capacity, so the DOT standard is met if that rim is used on a vehicle over 10000 lb GVWR.

KyleQ

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8 Broncos!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
TR's are nice and take one hell of a beating! Just because they are aluminum doesn't mean they are light though, these 17's were surprisingly heavy for an aluminum wheel.
Ford Bronco Trail Ready bead locks 1630529047651

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am not worried about street legal...
I don't think there is ever going to be an "answer" that legality question

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're absolutely right. I just looked at the first populated results and the info from that article is what I posted above. After looking further, it does in fact appear that they have transferred a majority of their manifesting operations to China and Taiwan.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Forgive my ignorance but - I know the Sasquatch wheels are "beadlock capable" but what exactly does that mean? What do I need to do in order to make them actual beadlocks, and is that even necessary?
necessary? no. Helpful if your going into single digit tire pressures to keep the tire mounted on the wheel.
and you'll want to make sure all the beadlock bolts stay torqued, so extra maintenance.
Sponsored