Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I really like watching his stuff as well. Not only is it family friendly, but i swear I thought the guy must be a pro. His videography and narration is just so professional and well done.

Heck, his coffee 1 takes are done better than most you tubers.

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I agree, he seems like an awesome guy and the videos are high quality and very interesting.

In my opinion, it looks like it pains him to admit what is great about the Bronco.

But, in the end, it's a good thing that such a experienced driver is giving a critical look to counterbalance our fanboy and fangirl. Further, I trust Brad to be honest about the Bronco.

Can't wait for more videos from him.

HallnAz

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond Sasquatch, 2015 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought it was a "fair shake"; it's a new platform and he was noting the differences and similarities that it offered vs a Jeep. Does it have pro/cons over a Jeep, yes..., is it truly better than Jeep? It depends on the person behind the wheel and the purpose for that selection.

"I’m looking forward to these reviews because he sounds pretty brand neutral. Still obviously a Jeep guy but not enough to not have an open mind."
I think he wants a purpose-built platform for what he does....up til now, Jeep has really only offered what HE is looking for, although he has the Power Wagon with bed-camper in his corral, not just all Jeeps.

I have a "real Jeep", 2 dr, soft top 1/2 doors, manual (prob not considered "real enough" cuz its a JK model and not xxxx model). I like both but I've noted pros/cons in comparison: 2 vs 4 doors, v6 man vs turbo v6 auto, the soft top is quieter on the Bronco, the on-road handling is much nicer even with Sasquatch pkg, We've gone off-road with the BD once and it was fine but I haven't tested it like the Jeep has been....I don't expect issues but I'm sure I'll find out at some point.

Back on point: it was a good review and comparison. I like his product that he puts out and use his information for input....but just like other sites, it's information.

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe someone already posted this out here... Trailrecon's Bronco Offroad Vid:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would consider a wrangler but the ride would turn my spine to dust and it felt clostrofobic (sorry for spelling)
Then the wrangler is set up wrong. The problem is people modify their Wranglers, putting lifts and different rated tires, as well as larger tires... They do all this and then say they ride terrible.

Of course IFS is going to perform better on the road, but a properly set up Wrangler would not turn your spine to dust...having a sway bar disconnected on a wrangler while off roading (and lower tire pressure) significantly increases the comfort level inside the cab....and then there is the Gladiator which also significantly makes it more stable.

As far as being claustrophobic, can't help you with that one :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm surprised he didn't mention the door mounted side mirrors on the Jeep Wranglers. That is the first thing my Rubicon owning neighbor mentioned when he was looking at my Bronco. He bought some aftermarket side mirrors for his Jeep but is annoyed that he loses the side turning light and his blind-spot warning indicators.

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
He mentioned the swaybar disconnect, but he forgot to mention the stearing rack quick disconnect.

I'm just kidding. I would agree with pretty much everyting he mentioned. The only thing is the frameless doors. There are still frames, they are just mounted to the rollcage, not the doors. So when he mesured the window, me measured the part of the window that is hidden behind the framing attached to the rollcage.

Sponsored

MOON

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just discovered his channel a few days before Christmas and have been binging his videos since. Between his channel and this forum I've been in in off-road heaven during Christmas break.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Then the wrangler is set up wrong. The problem is people modify their Wranglers, putting lifts and different rated tires, as well as larger tires... They do all this and then say they ride terrible.

Of course SFA is going to perform better on the road, but a properly set up Wrangler would not turn your spine to dust...having a sway bar disconnected on a wrangler while off roading (and lower tire pressure) significantly increases the comfort level inside the cab....and then there is the Gladiator which also significantly makes it more stable.

As far as being claustrophobic, can't help you with that one :ROFLMAO:
Might want to edit your post, SFA is not going to perform better on the road. Pretty sure you meant IFS...I've done it a few times too...

Last edited:

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would consider a wrangler but the ride would turn my spine to dust and it felt clostrofobic (sorry for spelling)
You've either never been in a wrangler from a 2007+ model year, or you've only been in poorly lifted ones. Turning your spine into dust is comical...on the CJ/YJ's, you might have a point depending on configuration, but not with anything built in the last 15 years

Kramku1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wife and I have learned to travel very light biggest problem is that extra space would turn into a junkyard
You've either never been in a wrangler from a 2007+ model year, or you've only been in poorly lifted ones. Turning your spine into dust is comical...on the CJ/YJ's, you might have a point depending on configuration, but not with anything built in the last 15 years
Drove a stock 2013 2 door wrangler it was cramped harsh riding didn't like the driving position.the bronco/wrangler are chalk and cheese to drive.

Kramku1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wife and I have learned to travel very light biggest problem is that extra space would turn into a junkyard

Drove a stock 2013 2 door wrangler it was cramped harsh riding didn't like the driving position.the bronco/wrangler are chalk and cheese to drive.
And if you have ever been on Iowa's road network you would know that they don't spend any money on the roads
Sponsored