First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Anyone else getting bored with these Bronco/Wrangler "my junk is bigger than your junk" threads? Why not just enjoy your ride and let the other guys enjoy theirs?
Sponsored

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wife and I have learned to travel very light biggest problem is that extra space would turn into a junkyard

Drove a stock 2013 2 door wrangler it was cramped harsh riding didn't like the driving position.the bronco/wrangler are chalk and cheese to drive.
The wrangler seats in combination with the windshield angle on the 2007-2018 JK's are to blame for driving position. JL's are better, but the seats comfortability still leave a lot to be desired. Harshness I would have to contribute to either too much air in the tires, or bad/blown shocks or a combination. In a stock configuration, the ride is not break you spine harsh. If the roads are as bad as you described, then you probably experienced the washboard effect of a SFA. But any SFA vehicle would do that.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I found it interesting that he mentioned the auxiliary switches but not the pre-wiring througout the vehicle. That’s gold IMO.

Kramku1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The wrangler seats in combination with the windshield angle on the 2007-2018 JK's are to blame for driving position. JL's are better, but the seats comfortability still leave a lot to be desired. Harshness I would have to contribute to either too much air in the tires, or bad/blown shocks or a combination. In a stock configuration, the ride is not break you spine harsh. If the roads are as bad as you described, then you probably experienced the washboard effect of a SFA. But any SFA vehicle would do that.
Last time I went off-road was in a short wb land Rover leaf springs all round and drum brakes series 3, after driving a bronco at McMullen Ford(who have promised no price hike)I think it is going to check all my boxes

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't remember what the ride was like the last time I was in a Jeep, but a sasquatch Bronco is pretty damn harsh over sharp edged bumps!
Not complaining at all...85Lbs wheels will do that

Sponsored

Kramku1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Have not had the pleasure yet I tested a four door with 32's.i ordered 2 door basesquach in may 2021.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You've either never been in a wrangler from a 2007+ model year, or you've only been in poorly lifted ones. Turning your spine into dust is comical...on the CJ/YJ's, you might have a point depending on configuration, but not with anything built in the last 15 years
Funny because I had a 1995 single-optioned (styled steel wheels) YJ "S", which had leaf springs all around. I thought it rode and handled very well, and it never exhibited anything remote to the "death wobble" that I've read about on this Forum; TBH I'd never heard of it until the Bronco IFS came up. I could drive that base Wrangle easily 12 hours a day.

When I get my Bronco, it's going to be a Cadillac compared to the YJ.

rdg04578

Everglades
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 jeep rubicon, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Here's a tid bit that does a practical off road comparison of the two-- which the off road capability of the Bronco in comparison. The Jeep has been around a long time so the after market has so much to offer--and some of the short comings identified such as locking in 4h have been over come. The Jeep has JSCAN which allows you to control your lockers and sway bar in any drive mode--you can run 2wd locked with the sway bar disconnected. The hole thing app and blue tooth OBII adapter is less than $50. These are some of the things that is what keeps me from pulling the trigger on a Bronco

https://www.4wheelparts.com/the-dirt/2021-ford-bronco-wildtrak-vs-jeep-wrangler-rubicon/

Last edited:
OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's a tid bit that does a practical off road comparison of the two-- which the off road capability of the Bronco in comparison. The Jeep has been around a long time so the after market has so much to offer--and some of the short comings identified such as locking in 4h have been over come. The Jeep has JSCAN which allows you to control your lockers and sway bar in any drive mode--you can run 2wd locked with the sway bar disconnected. The hole thing app and blue tooth OBII adapter is less than $50. These are some of the things that is what keeps me from pulling the trigger on a Bronco

https://www.4wheelparts.com/the-dirt/2021-ford-bronco-wildtrak-vs-jeep-wrangler-rubicon/
Is there a JSCAN setting for front wheel shimmy?? 🤷😫

rdg04578

Everglades
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 jeep rubicon, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Is there a JSCAN setting for front wheel shimmy?? 🤷😫
Unfortunately no-- however a quality lift, alloy usa front ball joints and Rock Jock tie rods will prevent that from being an issue.
In all seriousness I am just waiting to see how quick the aftermarket catches up for the Bronco and for an economical solution to install a front winch-- the Jeep has so many options for a winch using the stock bumper for less than $200.
Sponsored