Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hey all,

So I searched past posts about trail turn assist and it left me confused. I thought that it was offered on every trim as a standard feature as long as you had the 10 speed transmission. However, after pouring over some old posts, there is a lot of talk about how it also requires the 2.7L engine. Anyone know the truth? When I looked at the PDF on options it just says the AT.

Also, how relevant do any of you think the feature will be on anything but sand or snow?
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Buy the 2.7 to get the Trail Control but the auto itself gets the TTA. That's all you need to do.

Last edited:

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bronco Nation said that you need the 2.7 but previous info said otherwise. Time will tell.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Hey all,

So I searched past posts about trail turn assist and it left me confused. I thought that it was offered on every trim as a standard feature as long as you had the 10 speed transmission. However, after pouring over some old posts, there is a lot of talk about how it also requires the 2.7L engine. Anyone know the truth? When I looked at the PDF on options it just says the AT.

Also, how relevant do any of you think the feature will be on anything but sand or snow?
Iā€™m thinking sand and snow will be least likely application. My understanding is the rear tire will brake allowing the vehicle to ā€œspinā€ on this axis and therefore go around a tight corner. I would think in snow and sand it would be less useful.

CWO4

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From the Bronco build and price Referaece Guide

10-Speed Automatic Transmission (NOTE: Standard on all 4-Door; Standard on all 2-Door with 2.7L Engine; Standard on 2-Door Advanced 4x4 with
2.3L Engine; Optional on 2-Door Standard 4x4 with 2.3L Engine; With 2.3L Engine ā€“ Includes Trail Control and Trail Turn Assist; With 2.7L Engine ā€“
Includes Trail Control, Trail Turn Assist and Trail One-Pedal Driving)

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

From the Bronco build and price Referaece Guide

10-Speed Automatic Transmission (NOTE: Standard on all 4-Door; Standard on all 2-Door with 2.7L Engine; Standard on 2-Door Advanced 4x4 with
2.3L Engine; Optional on 2-Door Standard 4x4 with 2.3L Engine; With 2.3L Engine ā€“ Includes Trail Control and Trail Turn Assist; With 2.7L Engine ā€“
Includes Trail Control, Trail Turn Assist and Trail One-Pedal Driving)
Michael has it correct. This was hashed out back on Dec.4/5 when BN posted the GOAT Modes Explained video. They originally had it incorrect on Dec.4th. The next day, they corrected their video.

TTA is linked to the auto transmission. The power plant choice (2.3/2.7) doesn't have any bearing.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Iā€™m thinking sand and snow will be least likely application. My understanding is the rear tire will brake allowing the vehicle to ā€œspinā€ on this axis and therefore go around a tight corner. I would think in snow and sand it would be less useful.

Ford has been testing it in the sand. Looks like fun.

Deleted member 13702

This is right inline with what I've been wondering about as my order submission date gets nearer. I've wanted the manual since the start, but I also wanted every capability that the Bronco offered.

Then after seeing the BL walk around video and realizing just how big the 4 door is going to be, I started to think the V6 might be a must along with trail turn assist for tighter trails. So added the V6 to my build which oddly only added 2100 to my BL build. I hate giving up on the manual, but I also hate the thought of wishing that I had more power or a tighter turn radius on the trails. I think this process is starting to drive me slowly mad....?

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am seeing some fun doughnuts with TTA

OP
OP
Bulletbill

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thanks for the replies, helped clear some stuff up for me

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the replies, helped clear some stuff up for me
You might want to track down the GOAT Modes Explained Video posted on 12/5. Besides the TTA and the obvious GOAT modes, the one pedal trail control and traction control are covered.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Doesnā€™t look like itā€™s acting as I understood. In that video, the inner rear tire seems to be kicking up a lot of sand, I thought the inner tire would brake and act as an anchor as the others caused the vehicle to ā€œspinā€ on that tire. Iā€™ll have to do a Little more digging I guess. Iā€™m getting a manual so I havenā€™t dug that much into it but from what I saw, I thought the inner tire would be braking, not accelerating.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Here is what recall on it. While it will work in the sand, I donā€™t think it will work as well in snow and not sure that was the intended use. I could be wrong. Iā€™m sure they never intended on us doing endless donuts in parking lots either!

Ford Bronco Trail turn assist build requirements 80E3A14D-DE79-479C-B4AB-CA83DD8A7477

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Doesnā€™t look like itā€™s acting as I understood. In that video, the inner rear tire seems to be kicking up a lot of sand, I thought the inner tire would brake and act as an anchor as the others caused the vehicle to ā€œspinā€ on that tire. Iā€™ll have to do a Little more digging I guess. Iā€™m getting a manual so I havenā€™t dug that much into it but from what I saw, I thought the inner tire would be braking, not accelerating.

Try this video

Should be able to see the tire lock up and drag sand with it. ( if I got the right vid?)

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Try this video

Should be able to see the tire lock up and drag sand with it. ( if I got the right vid?)
Yup, thanks for posting. Thatā€™s how I understood it to work. Maybe working better in sand than I expected but my time driving at Silver Lake never really required tights turns in the sand but I can see where that might be fun. Still not sure about snow but I guess it might help even there after seeing this.
Sponsored