Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

any video? if its gonna be pictures and bullet points, its gotta be like a lego instruction pamphlet otherwise ill mess it up somehow
Sponsored

Mjtermini

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the info. Very helpful.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Note, just the hitch, no wiring. The below is copied from a FB post:

Here's a quick basic write-up of how to add the trailer hitch if you guys want to. We had a customer bring this to delivery, and we got it done real quick while he was signing some paperwork. It does require you to remove the spare and the rear bumper which is a very easy process.

For the bumper it is only held on by 6 bolts. Check out the picture below where we circled them. Start by removing the spare

• There are two 15 mm hex head bolts which also hold the tow hooks on each side.
  • There is one 13mm hex head bolt facing parallel to the ground on each side.
  • There is an easy to release electrical connector. One side for basic rigs, one on each side for fancier rigs.
From there you simply pull it off. Quick and easy.

If you are installing the hitch at this point you should have no issue seeing what happens. It has four bolts, and it's very obvious where it goes on the frame.

215409489_1856965767804103_6453103095889580779_n.jpg

217448066_1856965661137447_7458675036865897839_n.jpg
this looks like the experiment i will take for the addition of a hitch when i get mine in. at $ 75.00, it is cheaper than the wiring harness for the trailer lights. everything looks like it will line up... Curt Trailer Hitch Receiver - Custom Fit - Class III - 2" Curt Trailer Hitch 9883544 (etrailer.com)
Ford Bronco Trailer hitch installation process courtesy of Juggernaut Performance 1626098930159

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is that electrical connection pre ran from the factory and you just need to buy the finishing end?
Just a guess here but would that plug in his hand just be for either sensors in the bumper (if there are any) or maybe the license plate lights?

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks @Tricky Dick - Instagram post too:

@rdass623 maybe Juggernaut could tell you whether they think that “custom” model would fit.

[edit - forgot the IG post would show up embedded]

Sponsored

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@rdass623 maybe Juggernaut could tell you whether they think that “custom” model would fit.

[edit - forgot the IG post would show up embedded]
[/QUOTE]
i am pretty sure any information would be speculative until 1) there was a hitch in hand, and 2) but considerably more difficult, there was a bronco (mine) to install it on.

i have some pretty extensive mechanical experience, and would not have any problems with this installation, depending on whether it would require modification.

i am pretty sure it will work and for the price, it is a quarter of the price of the ford accessory hitch..

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, the money is in the electrics...

A welded up hitch with matching bolt holes to the frame, with supplied bolts should not be too difficult to figure out.

How the wiring for lights and trailer brakes goes is the real interest here.

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, the money is in the electrics...

A welded up hitch with matching bolt holes to the frame, with supplied bolts should not be too difficult to figure out.

How the wiring for lights and trailer brakes goes is the real interest here.
Fair enough, but some people don’t have plans to add anything but a hitch at the moment, so this was already helpful.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

ford sells a wiring pigtail. chances are they are color coded and you just do a splice... nothing too difficult. i have made wiring harness sections without burning things up before. the wiring harness is listed in the ford accessory catalog and is not bronco specific....

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

this looks like the experiment i will take for the addition of a hitch when i get mine in. at $ 75.00, it is cheaper than the wiring harness for the trailer lights. everything looks like it will line up... Curt Trailer Hitch Receiver - Custom Fit - Class III - 2" Curt Trailer Hitch 9883544 (etrailer.com)
Ford Bronco Trailer hitch installation process courtesy of Juggernaut Performance 1626098930159
Somewhere there was a post showing bolt centers, they were significantly different for a Bronco and a Jeep. I'm sure the aftermarket will have a custom Bronco one shortly. I have had good luck with Curt stuff.

Sponsored

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Remove the spare? Is there a reason that opening the rear door is out of the question?

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Somewhere there was a post showing bolt centers, they were significantly different for a Bronco and a Jeep. I'm sure the aftermarket will have a custom Bronco one shortly. I have had good luck with Curt stuff.
a hammer, acetylene, and an angle grinder will make anything fit... but for the price i will try it and if it doesn't fit, i will sent it back (unmodified)...

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Let us know. If it's just bolt centers, that's an easy mod. I would like to go basic until the aftermarket comes up with some bumper options.
i will do that.. just hope i get my truck in before the the next election.... just ordered last month.

broncomorrow

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No.

Tow prep package from the factory gives you both 7 and 4 pin connector.

The tow electrical accessory available from the catalog is just the 4 pin but includes a brain box that gets wired in somewhere in the rear of the vehicle. (Likely the rear lights, turning the PWM signals to 12v constant for the trailer without throwing codes.)
Tried doing a search but came up empty…or I may have missed something - Any additional info on how to get a 7-pin connector installed without the package from the factory?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.