Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tried doing a search but came up empty…or I may have missed something - Any additional info on how to get a 7-pin connector installed without the package from the factory?
What you need 7 pin for? Factory TT does not include trailer brake function. I'm working on a set up where you can install the 7/4 so you have ability to use a hot wire for lights or break away battery charging. The one bronco we had come in has the wiring for the factory TT and fuses already installed in the battery junction box. Some connectors just arrived for me to make some of that work.
Sponsored

broncomorrow

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What you need 7 pin for? Factory TT does not include trailer brake function. I'm working on a set up where you can install the 7/4 so you have ability to use a hot wire for lights or break away battery charging. The one bronco we had come in has the wiring for the factory TT and fuses already installed in the battery junction box. Some connectors just arrived for me to make some of that work.
The small camping trailer I have requires a 7-pin…and not just a 4 to 7 adaptor since it has a 12v circuit, e-brakes, etc.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The small camping trailer I have requires a 7-pin…and not just a 4 to 7 adaptor since it has a 12v circuit, e-brakes, etc.
Just for the break away or do you have a brake controller in your current vehicle? If you want TB you'll have to buy the VM2DZ-2C006-A Lumens controller and FT1Z-15A416-A for lights. Not sure if the brake controller will work without factory TT since it integrates with the network and some modules (from what I can tell without having one in hand to verify).

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will be eagerly awaiting the reports on wiring and AM hitch. I definitely only need a 4 pin and even the factory hitch standalone is way less expensive than the package. Hopefully I end up ahead.

Eggsalad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V8 4Runner 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yep, 7-pin capability to me is a basic thing for an offroad SUV in order to tow a small trailer with trailer brakes.

The spare tire mount, I see 4Wheel Parts has a mount that raises the spare four inches so I can use a 6" rise hitch to hookup my lifted offroadable travel trailer.

Sponsored

broncomorrow

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just for the break away or do you have a brake controller in your current vehicle? If you want TB you'll have to buy the VM2DZ-2C006-A Lumens controller and FT1Z-15A416-A for lights. Not sure if the brake controller will work without factory TT since it integrates with the network and some modules (from what I can tell without having one in hand to verify).
I don’t have the trailer yet…it’s on order. Not a lot of info in the manual on the connector/functionality other than my rep there has said it definitely requires a 7-pin and not a 4-7pin adaptor. I know it requires a 12v circuit, has an auxiliary battery that charges via the tow vehicle and does have e-brakes. They have indicated that the trailer does not have a brake controller, but does have a set sensitivity for the e-brakes. I’m waiting to hear back if they actually recommend a separate controller or not. All loaded up with gear, my trailer will likely top out at 2000lbs….so not too heavy.

broncomorrow

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yep, 7-pin capability to me is a basic thing for an offroad SUV in order to tow a small trailer with trailer brakes.

The spare tire mount, I see 4Wheel Parts has a mount that raises the spare four inches so I can use a 6" rise hitch to hookup my lifted offroadable travel trailer.
What kind of trailer do you have?

ghetter

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone know if installing 4/7 pin after delivery allows the trailer sway control to be activated? Not sure if that would require a flash to the system or if it's even possible.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t have the trailer yet…it’s on order. Not a lot of info in the manual on the connector/functionality other than my rep there has said it definitely requires a 7-pin and not a 4-7pin adaptor. I know it requires a 12v circuit, has an auxiliary battery that charges via the tow vehicle and does have e-brakes. They have indicated that the trailer does not have a brake controller, but does have a set sensitivity for the e-brakes. I’m waiting to hear back if they actually recommend a separate controller or not. All loaded up with gear, my trailer will likely top out at 2000lbs….so not too heavy.
Sounds like an interesting trailer - mind sharing what it is?

Eggsalad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V8 4Runner 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
What kind of trailer do you have?
Winnebago Micro Minnie 1706fb.
Ford Bronco Trailer hitch installation process courtesy of Juggernaut Performance 2017 Winnebago 1706fb Mesquite 2017.2
Ford Bronco Trailer hitch installation process courtesy of Juggernaut Performance 2017 Winnebago 1706fb Mesquite 2017.3 (1)

3k lbs dry, lift blocks above the axles for ground clearance to get it through gullies. The 'lifted '08 4Runner in the background requires a 6" rise hitch to keep the trailer level on the road. That's why I mentioned the 4Wheelparts spare mount that gets the Bronco spare up and out of the way to hookup the trailer with a rise hitch.

I could yank it to the same offroad place with a Bronco but would have to at least get stiffer rear coils to handle it on the road to get to the offroad places. And a ClassIII hitch, ClassII isn't beefy enough to handle 3k lbs dry, but 4k lbs loaded yanking it through gullies.

I'm absolutely sure the aftermarket vendors will be jumping on enhancing the tow ability. We'll see how it pans out.

Sponsored

broncomorrow

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Winnebago Micro Minnie 1706fb.
Ford Bronco Trailer hitch installation process courtesy of Juggernaut Performance 2017 Winnebago 1706fb Mesquite 2017.3 (1)
Good looking trailer. I ended up ordering something smaller/lighter just so I wasn’t pushing my luck with the Bronco towing capability. I’m in indiana and will be doing lots of lengthy road trips with it to get out into the wilderness/mountains. Ended up going with an adventure trailer with a roof top tent on it. Mine is 1200lb dry…probably maxing out a little over 2000lbs with all my gear.

Eggsalad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V8 4Runner 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good looking trailer. I ended up ordering something smaller/lighter just so I wasn’t pushing my luck with the Bronco towing capability. I’m in indiana and will be doing lots of lengthy road trips with it to get out into the wilderness/mountains. Ended up going with an adventure trailer with a roof top tent on it. Mine is 1200lb dry…probably maxing out a little over 2000lbs with all my gear.
I'm wussy, I like inside toilet and the comforts of home. Furnace, plenty of fresh water. 4k lbs is pushing the limit but I'm confident with an aftermarket ClassIII and stiffer rear coils I would tow that trailer. Done spent the Bronco money for a '19 Sequoia so I'm just hanging around waiting to see how it pans out.

fronc

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition | 4 Door | Cactus Grey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Remove the spare? Is there a reason that opening the rear door is out of the question?
Going to install this myself tomorrow morning and will try this. I'll report back if this method doesn't work.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

6” rise? How low do you think the Bronco sits? My offroad trailer sits pretty high & has a tongue weight of 390lbs and to give you an idea, my f150 has a 6” lift & 35s and I need a 1” drop. My wife’s GC Trailhawk only requires a 2.5” rise when towing the trailer.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.