2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm wussy, I like inside toilet and the comforts of home. Furnace, plenty of fresh water. 4k lbs is pushing the limit but I'm confident with an aftermarket ClassIII and stiffer rear coils I would tow that trailer. Done spent the Bronco money for a '19 Sequoia so I'm just hanging around waiting to see how it pans out.
You can still have those creature comforts with a rtt trailer. Wife gets 40gal of fresh water, on-demand hot water, tent heater, ensuite 2-room tent (w/ toilet & plumbed shower), queen size spring mattress, enclosed annex, 270awning w/ walls, inverter for coffee maker, bbq gas grill, solar, dual lithium batteries, cell booster & more for our outings.
Sponsored

Eggsalad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V8 4Runner 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
6ā€ rise? How low do you think the Bronco sits? My offroad trailer sits pretty high & has a tongue weight of 390lbs and to give you an idea, my f150 has a 6ā€ lift & 35s and I need a 1ā€ drop. My wifeā€™s GC Trailhawk only requires a 2.5ā€ rise when towing the trailer.
It's the Bronco spare that would interfere with trailer hookup using a rise hitch.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Somewhere there was a post showing bolt centers, they were significantly different for a Bronco and a Jeep. I'm sure the aftermarket will have a custom Bronco one shortly. I have had good luck with Curt stuff.
@rdass623 This is vs the JK one. What I donā€™t know is the JL version dimensions.

Bronco (@flip measured one more exactly here):
Ford Bronco Trailer hitch installation process courtesy of Juggernaut Performance 2B065722-DD88-477D-91E9-7D5D4E8D3474

Jeep JK:
Ford Bronco Trailer hitch installation process courtesy of Juggernaut Performance 64774186-3C73-404E-B976-DAD985952951

Last edited:

Glue Guy

Black Diamond
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Iā€™ll make my own contribution to this. Just installed a Ford hitch on my Badlands. Donā€™t know that Iā€™d pull much with this after seeing it, but maybe itā€™s stronger than it looks. I can confirm the original post. Total of 6 bolts as indicated. Here is the hitch with bumper off, and final. Note, no wiring for me yet.

Ford Bronco Trailer hitch installation process courtesy of Juggernaut Performance 4187EF89-A439-4170-A914-3A51017DB78C

Ford Bronco Trailer hitch installation process courtesy of Juggernaut Performance FDB5DF86-E5FC-46C2-8D3C-E459CCDD1531

Drew5150

Black Diamond
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 International Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any torque specs on bumper install? Please and thank you

Sponsored

dvdmnhn

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Going to install this myself tomorrow morning and will try this. I'll report back if this method doesn't work.
Weā€™re you able to remove bumper without removing the spare? Thanks

fronc

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition | 4 Door | Cactus Grey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You might be able to, but you risk scratching or denting the tailgate. I'd recommend taking the time to remove the spare, but I might just be overly cautious of my prized possession šŸ˜Š

dvdmnhn

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You might be able to, but you risk scratching or denting the tailgate. I'd recommend taking the time to remove the spare, but I might just be overly cautious of my prized possession šŸ˜Š
Will do! Thanks for the feedback

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No need to remove spare. 30 minute operation tops. I believe the torque was 80 for the bolts and 20 for the harness bracket. Though, be careful on the one with the sleeve. I busted the bolt at 20 JUST as it pinged.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.