First Edition
First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Bronco, 2008 Triumph Thuxton
Bronco
First Edition
The 12v was super easy at least. I didn’t see the need for it, but did it anyways. I do plan on running trailer brakes, so at least I have a 12v I can now splice off of if needed.

Interesting...keep us posted...maybe just with the LED's? I've got the Curt kit and it would be awesome not to have to bring 12v
Advertisement

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 03 Mercury Marauder
Bronco
First Edition
They did reply. It is required as trailer lights can add different loads to the circuit, so the extra power is a must.

Got mine all set up. The biggest pain was my help dropped the bumper while removing it to install the hitch itself. When it dropped, it broke the park assist harness connector on one side (epoxied together for now, but it will be replaced once I can get replacement connectors. I am OCD like that).

[EDIT]
I also forgot to mention, I did a hack job. I am using the Curt kit to tap into the brake light connectors, but hacked on a Ford 4-pin pigtail so it fits into the hitch proper. Just looks better to me that way. :)

OP
OP
Clean68

Clean68

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Bronco, 2008 Triumph Thuxton
Bronco
First Edition
I didn’t even drop the bumper, there was no need. Did you use the Curt hitch? I just have my 4pin zip tied to the side of the hitch… I didn’t even know where to put it.

They did reply. It is required as trailer lights can add different loads to the circuit, so the extra power is a must.

Got mine all set up. The biggest pain was my help dropped the bumper while removing it to install the hitch itself. When it dropped, it broke the park assist harness connector on one side (epoxied together for now, but it will be replaced once I can get replacement connectors. I am OCD like that).

[EDIT]
I also forgot to mention, I did a hack job. I am using the Curt kit to tap into the brake light connectors, but hacked on a Ford 4-pin pigtail so it fits into the hitch proper. Just looks better to me that way. :)

dgorsett

Big Bend
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Bronco
Big Bend
Clubs

I didn’t even drop the bumper, there was no need. Did you use the Curt hitch? I just have my 4pin zip tied to the side of the hitch… I didn’t even know where to put it.
I think with the Ford hitch you have to drop the bumper 'cause bolts insert from the rear, Curt no because they go in from the front.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Bronco
Big Bend
Clubs

Question: When using the Curt set up could stock taillights be used in a flat tow set up by putting a diode upstream of the Curt Tee and using the Curt tow plug to hook up wire from tow vehicle?

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 03 Mercury Marauder
Bronco
First Edition
I used the Ford hitch which as others noted, the bumper has to come off (the nuts are welded on and bolts have to go in from the back).

Advertisement

fifteen52
Advertisement