Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As Promised, we wanted to show off our new roof rack that we plan to offer in conjunction or as an add-on to our Bronco Pak Rax!

After trying to work with the Ford Bronco OEM Roof Rack, we noticed a lot of inconsistency from Ford on their new OEM roof rack. While it is a great option from the factory for a roof rack, it did not offer the stability and strength we were looking for to work with. The housings for the most part are plastic which is fine for a roof rack that is rated to 150lbs roughly. We wanted to add more and give the end-user more confidence when carrying more weight especially since the Bronco is engineered for a faster-paced off-road experience. We also noticed the cost of what it would be per Pak Rax to make Ford's clamp system in metal for better stability and structure which means in turn we will lose customers due to the high price. We decided to take the original file and create a simplified version that still offers the strength and modularity our Pak Rax usually offers.
These are the attributes we focused on as we designed the roof rack and Pak Rax together for the Ford Bronco:
  • Higher weight capacity
  • Easy install
  • Wind deflector to minimize a ton of wind noise issues
  • Cutouts for high-performance Heretic Studio lights
  • All Aluminum construction to avoid any rust
  • Low profile to fit in garages and more
  • Offer the ability to remove the Hardtop panels

Pictured below is the 4 door model with Pak Rax:
tr-fb-4d-mrr-fl-front-view-1-jpg.jpg

tr-fb-4d-mrr-fl-40-front-view-1-jpg.jpg

tr-fb-4d-mrr-fl-pr-front-view-1-jpg.jpg

tr-fb-4d-mrr-fl-pr-40-front-view-1-jpg.jpg

Pictured below is the 2 door model with Pak Rax:
tr-fb-2d-mrr-fl-pr-40-front-view-2-jpg.jpg

tr-fb-2d-mrr-fl-pr-40-front-view-1-jpg.jpg

tr-fb-2d-mrr-fl-pr-40-front-view-1-jpg.jpg

tr-fb-2d-mrr-fl-pr-40-front-view-2-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

TraumaJoe

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love the look of this rack!!! Will there be a way to mount a light bar to this? I currently run the KC gravity pro6 50 inch light bar. I would like to be able keep the light bar and add a rack like this.

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love the look of this rack!!! Will there be a way to mount a light bar to this? I currently run the KC gravity pro6 50 inch light bar. I would like to be able keep the light bar and add a rack like this.
There is a way to run a light bar with this set up! We designed the wind deflector for a 40" single row Heretic light that promotes the idea of keeping a low profile and sleek look. We plan to create a bracket to hold the Gravity series KC light, but as a disclaimer, the bar will sit higher than the rack so it will not be level all the way across. Stay tuned for it! Thanks for your feedback!

Quick

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What are the load capacities with this rack?

c2one

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I like the rack profile and the wind deflector! Looking good! 🤠

Sponsored

PNWChris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any idea how long the 4dr rear panel is on the side? Curious what you could fit there. Seems too short for MaxTrax.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any idea how long the 4dr rear panel is on the side? Curious what you could fit there. Seems to short for MaxTrax.
Great question. 4 Gallon Rotopax cans will have no issues on the Pak Rax panel. The MaxTrax is pretty lengthy and our MaxTrax plate that is set to be released soon (from the time of writing this response) will allow the user to mount the MaxTrax onto the Pak Rax but it till hang off the rear of the Bronco quite a bit and not look super pleasing to the eye. This is where we designed a 90-degree mount that would allow the user to mount the Maxtrax to the roof rack above the Pak Rax but still offer easy access to them. Here is the picture of that mount as of now...

Ford Bronco TrailRax Modular Roof Rack Development & Details MT roof bracket view 2

Ford Bronco TrailRax Modular Roof Rack Development & Details MT bracket view 4

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What are the load capacities with this rack?
This is TBD currently. The biggest limiting factor is the MIC top itself but we are looking to reinforce the top without any drilling and distribute the load to help increase capacity.

mmmeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is the rack I am holding out for. Any idea what the rough ETA looks like on when these might end up in customer hands?

Sponsored
OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the rack I am holding out for. Any idea what the rough ETA looks like on when these might end up in customer hands?
We want the roof rack and Pak Rax to be available for customers to Pre-order by end of May or early June then will be shipping by July time is what we are hoping. Sorry, we do not have a set date, we are still in the prototyping and R&D phase of this and we are sharing our idea and designs on the forums so our customers can give input and follow along.

Blueroach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We want the roof rack and Pak Rax to be available for customers to Pre-order by end of May or early June then will be shipping by July time is what we are hoping. Sorry, we do not have a set date, we are still in the prototyping and R&D phase of this and we are sharing our idea and designs on the forums so our customers can give input and follow along.
Will the Pak Rax be sold separately and be compatible with the factory rack? Especially on the 2-door I saw Justin Mcbride using a different design in one of his videos on youtube.

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will the Pak Rax be sold separately and be compatible with the factory rack? Especially on the 2-door I saw Justin Mcbride using a different design in one of his videos on youtube.
The Pak Rax will be sold separately. Our Pak Rax production model will not work for the OEM roof rack due to the OEM roof rack not being able to take on the load we would like it to. You will be able to run the Pak Rax solo or TrailRax Modular roof rack with Pak Rax.
Sponsored