Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thrilled with the quality of the TRMR Rack and Pak Rax attachments. Video and printed instructions were top notch and shipping materials were the best I've seen!

Large black fairing is definitely going to take some getting used to but I'm hoping it helps with wind noise as compared to the Ford OEM rack. The cut out fairing would take up half of that space with the lightbar so that may be more aesthetically pleasing to some (I can always swap in the future!)

Edit: Realized that my driveway is pretty sloped so the fairing isn't nearly as dramatic on flat ground, no worries there!

Thanks @TrailRax
1369A942-7BC2-4468-B782-ACDD8564872F.jpeg
DB5DB49A-B2D1-4ADB-99F0-2ECD8D46C74C.jpeg
6232DBD4-8C14-4752-B36C-97F9F0EF7A34.jpeg
66CDB874-5728-4818-AFDB-593771635BB0.jpeg
525ADA4F-C19B-4A3D-A3BC-31B637E6A00D.jpeg
2A53A680-3360-4BFE-8B0C-31E745F5BDC5.jpeg
2C005D24-A88A-462C-ABC0-3FCC30406049.jpeg
ED49A176-3845-420B-9846-58A6E596995B.jpeg
EA34FAB3-0D22-4E80-A030-FD12688D431D.jpeg
91C5AB75-76BF-42E0-AE4F-5F3EF8CCE413.jpeg
B06B4C20-4B41-40CB-AA1D-99B1F4D6AD37.jpeg
Looks awesome!

How are the roam cases attached?
Sponsored

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

21BroncoFlyer

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Land Rover Discovery
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This may be a dumb question, but how easily is it to remove? And is it removable with the top still on? Just wondering how much ability you’d retain to remove the top.

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This may be a dumb question, but how easily is it to remove? And is it removable with the top still on? Just wondering how much ability you’d retain to remove the top.
You can remove the front and middle panels (4 Door) with the rack on easily. For the ability to remove, you need to remove the front windshield brackets from the Bronco and then unclamp the rear and it should come right off.

21BroncoFlyer

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Land Rover Discovery
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can remove the front and middle panels (4 Door) with the rack on easily. For the ability to remove, you need to remove the front windshield brackets from the Bronco and then unclamp the rear and it should come right off.
Thanks for the quick reply. So it sounds like it isn’t too difficult. What about if equipped with the pak tax?

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the quick reply. So it sounds like it isn’t too difficult. What about if equipped with the pak tax?
The Pak Rax removes from the roof rack with 4 bolts per side and a nut on the back side then 4 bolts on the bottom bracket. Pretty easy to remove and add on.

Sponsored

doyouglas

Black Diamond
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do we have numbers for the static and dynamic load without the pak rax?

Also are we able to add the pack rax it later in the future as an add on.

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

For both full length 2 and 4 door racks you are looking at 850 Lbs Static, evenly distributed across the rack. Dynamic is 250 lbs, evenly distributed across the rack. Each product page has further information. TrailRax.com

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sorry forgot about the other question... Yes you will be able to purchase pak rax later. We are currently working on it and getting those items in line for production. They should open up for order sometime in September.

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Install tips.

2 door peeps: You will have all single arrow clamps. If you watch the video that mentions dual arrows and single arrows it does not apply to us, just the 4dr crowd.

Everyone: The front bracket mounting is taxing to say the least. Get some long thin needle nose pliers for the bottom nuts, and also a 10mm ratchet wrench. You will have to make a few turns before that ratcheting will work and your going to spend some time with those two front mounting areas. I can’t emphasize that enough. You will know what I’m talking about when it comes time for that. I also had a front mounting bracket that was slightly off compared to the other bracket and the T-Nuts were a chore for that bracket.

If you think this is going to be an easy on and off to remove the top, think again. I’ve thought of two different front wind deflector mounting changes that would make this an easier chore and am probably going to have a machinist do the work when I return. More on that at another time.

Use the shipping boxes for a nice soft floor covering when building your rack to avoid scratches. The foam inside is also amazing to help keep scratches off the pieces while you build.

The rest of the install is pretty straight forward and easy. You will need another person to help you plain and simple. There are a few times it needs to go on for fit checks and taken back off again. Hopefully it’s not over a 100 degrees when you do it.

Directions are good, photos weren’t great (reference the video). Also, don’t put the logo plate on the front wind deflector until you’ve got it assembled in the final stage before putting the rack on the Bronco permanently.

Initial driving thoughts: I hit the highway and brought it up over 80 and the wind noise is great for a rack. There wasn’t much of a change from being the bare hard top to the rack which is great.

I had some small creaks and rattles here and there (not the tailgate area as the Hammer Built tailgate reinforcement stopped those) and they have subdued more with the rack. I believe more rigidity from the side accessory mount is to thank for that.

I’m headed out on a 9+ hour drive tomorrow so will do a thorough review after the trip and some off-roading etc.

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Install tips.

2 door peeps: You will have all single arrow clamps. If you watch the video that mentions dual arrows and single arrows it does not apply to us, just the 4dr crowd.

Everyone: The front bracket mounting is taxing to say the least. Get some long thin needle nose pliers for the bottom nuts, and also a 10mm ratchet wrench. You will have to make a few turns before that ratcheting will work and your going to spend some time with those two front mounting areas. I can’t emphasize that enough. You will know what I’m talking about when it comes time for that. I also had a front mounting bracket that was slightly off compared to the other bracket and the T-Nuts were a chore for that bracket.

If you think this is going to be an easy on and off to remove the top, think again. I’ve thought of two different front wind deflector mounting changes that would make this an easier chore and am probably going to have a machinist do the work when I return. More on that at another time.

Use the shipping boxes for a nice soft floor covering when building your rack to avoid scratches. The foam inside is also amazing to help keep scratches off the pieces while you build.

The rest of the install is pretty straight forward and easy. You will need another person to help you plain and simple. There are a few times it needs to go on for fit checks and taken back off again. Hopefully it’s not over a 100 degrees when you do it.

Directions are good, photos weren’t great (reference the video). Also, don’t put the logo plate on the front wind deflector until you’ve got it assembled in the final stage before putting the rack on the Bronco permanently.

Initial driving thoughts: I hit the highway and brought it up over 80 and the wind noise is great for a rack. There wasn’t much of a change from being the bare hard top to the rack which is great.

I had some small creaks and rattles here and there (not the tailgate area as the Hammer Built tailgate reinforcement stopped those) and they have subdued more with the rack. I believe more rigidity from the side accessory mount is to thank for that.

I’m headed out on a 9+ hour drive tomorrow so will do a thorough review after the trip and some off-roading etc.
Working on the 2 door install video currently. Should be up this weekend for 2 door orders. The installation of the 4 door rack is extremely similar so that video should help and the only difference is the Pak Rax and clamping. 2 door people have half the clamps due to the design of their hardtops vs 4 door hardtops.

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Working on the 2 door install video currently. Should be up this weekend for 2 door orders. The installation of the 4 door rack is extremely similar so that video should help and the only difference is the Pak Rax and clamping. 2 door people have half the clamps due to the design of their hardtops vs 4 door hardtops.

That’s why I mentioned the arrows etc to avoid confusion.

Again 2 door people. Read the directions and use the 4 door video to reference sections until TrailRax gets that 2 door video out.
Sponsored