Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes, we are developing a half rack for both 2 and 4 door models. The half-rack will likely not have as much weight capacity but still offer mounting solutions for you. Our Pak Rax will integrate perfectly into our roof rack!
Are you also planning on developing an independent front bar that attaches to the windshield mounts and can be used as a forward tie-down point for longer items like canoes and kayaks when using the half rack?
Sponsored

ActMoritz

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra, Niro, FJ40 and Transit 350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is a part of the windshield design and us working with the curvature of the windshield. we cannot get rid of that curve otherwise wind noise will be a huge issue...
I knew there was an issue with the curve and wind. That's what i told the wife anyways lol. I really like yours other than the curve and a few others are doing the same. But, just can't pull the trigger with that curve .. I have been waiting for someone to find a different design. It looks worse on the lighter colored broncos such as cactus gray. Doing something like the bottom half of an H ? or just a thin piece like badass tents wind deflector?

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you also planning on developing an independent front bar that attaches to the windshield mounts and can be used as a forward tie-down point for longer items like canoes and kayaks when using the half rack?
This is a situation you will want the full-length roof rack to carry that larger load and size of items and better distribute that weight over multiple cross members. Unfortunately no we will not be doing an independent front bar in conjunction with our half rack.

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I knew there was an issue with the curve and wind. That's what i told the wife anyways lol. I really like yours other than the curve and a few others are doing the same. But, just can't pull the trigger with that curve .. I have been waiting for someone to find a different design. It looks worse on the lighter colored broncos such as cactus gray. Doing something like the bottom half of an H ? or just a thin piece like badass tents wind deflector?
When you change that curve to an H shape or even straighten that bar, you are creating an area where wind can whistle through between the hardtop and wind deflector. It is not possible to get rid of the curve due to the curvature of the windshield and us using a flat piece of aluminum for a wind deflector, that is how it works. Also, we are including door trim to put along the bottom edge to offer a near-complete seal of the wind deflector and windshield frame. That is the best option to minimize any wind noise. We can also recommend wrapping the top portion of your windshield frame black so that it transitions a bit easier for your eyes... just a thought and suggestion.

ActMoritz

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra, Niro, FJ40 and Transit 350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When you change that curve to an H shape or even straighten that bar, you are creating an area where wind can whistle through between the hardtop and wind deflector. It is not possible to get rid of the curve due to the curvature of the windshield and us using a flat piece of aluminum for a wind deflector, that is how it works. Also, we are including door trim to put along the bottom edge to offer a near-complete seal of the wind deflector and windshield frame. That is the best option to minimize any wind noise. We can also recommend wrapping the top portion of your windshield frame black so that it transitions a bit easier for your eyes... just a thought and suggestion.
Believe me already suggested the wrapping lol

Sponsored
OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Believe me already suggested the wrapping lol
Once we get real-life pictures of it on a Bronco we will show you pictures. the prototype is being added to a Cactus Grey 4 door bronco. This will give you guys a good idea of how it will look. as ugly as it may look, this is designed more around function so you and a passenger can have a conversation going at highway speeds or etc.

ROCKO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is the weight rating for this rack on a two door?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great design! A couple of questions. Will there be a blank plate to put in the front in lieu of a light bar? And are there provisions for wiring to the back for scene lights or a chase light?

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is the weight rating for this rack on a two door?
We do not have a set in number for rating. Once we test the product we will be able to offer a number to you. At this point in time, it is TBD

Sponsored
OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great design! A couple of questions. Will there be a blank plate to put in the front in lieu of a light bar? And are there provisions for wiring to the back for scene lights or a chase light?
Great questions! Our prototypes will sport the 40" light bar cut out for the Heretic studio bar but in production, you will have the choice between the light bar cut out and a blank (standard) wind deflector if running a light bar is not desired. We also will offer both versions of those plates to buy separately so you can "upgrade" in the future as well.

For wiring provisions, we will have zip tie cutouts for you to route your wires in a hidden manner so that they cannot be viewed (or judged LOL) from the outside.

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This looks like my best option! Thanks so much TrailRax !!!!

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This looks like it could be promising
This looks like my best option! Thanks so much TrailRax !!!!
We appreciate the comments! we are working hard to make these available for our Bronco peeps. We will update here as well as our social media and mailing list as things come. Pre-sale open date is TBD.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

this looks like just what I'm looking for,now hopefully we can get it in Canada