Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@TrailRax I’m getting my ADV Fiberglass modular top soon and will be ordering one of your racks. I am curious if you all continued working and coming up with a mounting solution for the KC gravity pro 6 light bar? Thank for any updates you might have.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@TrailRax I’m getting my ADV Fiberglass modular top soon and will be ordering one of your racks. I am curious if you all continued working and coming up with a mounting solution for the KC gravity pro 6 light bar? Thank for any updates you might have.
No updates yet. With our recent expansion into a new warehouse and current projects going on internally we have not had much time to dedicate to that bracket design. Once we get time for it, we will get it going and make sure it works with everyones situation.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@TrailRax Any timeline for when you expect to have 4-door racks back in stock?

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@TrailRax Any timeline for when you expect to have 4-door racks back in stock?
Hello! We should have a timeline later today. We will also be opening the 4 doors up for preorder as well. We recommend getting on it as soon as possible as keeping these 4 doors in stock is difficult!

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those who were patiently waiting on the 4 door options: Preorders have opened once again! Shipping time is scheduled week of February 27th at the absolute latest. Most of the parts are already ahead of schedule. We appreciate the patience and business everyone has given us. We will continue to do our best to keep you informed and minimize all of our backorder times. Our goal for this year is to not go on backorder for our popular products.

Sponsored

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Any pics of this rack without the wind deflector?

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Speaking of the wind deflector, I'm having trouble keeping the weatherstripping down the entire length of the wind deflector (40-inch lightbar model). The ends stay put, but somewhere along the middle it wants to come loose. Would an adhesive be the solution--Locktite, perhaps?

Also had trouble with the notorious 1/4-inch 20x5/8 carriage bolts. Slipped them into the slot on the extrusion bar, and fitted the windshield mounting brackets onto them (arrows pointed out!) but: the heads kept twisting, twisting, and twisting, and wouldn't "seat" in the groove. The nuts will not close down on the threads! They even marred the aluminum extrusion groove. I ended up going to Lowe's for replacement carriage bolts, and found some with a slightly larger square underneath the bolt's head which seems to fit the slot a little more snug. I'll be returning to the install project Monday, and will let you know how these replacement bolts work.

Have others dealt with these problems before?

jandro

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
x1, c30
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Speaking of the wind deflector, I'm having trouble keeping the weatherstripping down the entire length of the wind deflector (40-inch lightbar model). The ends stay put, but somewhere along the middle it wants to come loose. Would an adhesive be the solution--Locktite, perhaps?

Also had trouble with the notorious 1/4-inch 20x5/8 carriage bolts. Slipped them into the slot on the extrusion bar, and fitted the windshield mounting brackets onto them (arrows pointed out!) but: the heads kept twisting, twisting, and twisting, and wouldn't "seat" in the groove. The nuts will not close down on the threads! They even marred the aluminum extrusion groove. I ended up going to Lowe's for replacement carriage bolts, and found some with a slightly larger square underneath the bolt's head which seems to fit the slot a little more snug. I'll be returning to the install project Monday, and will let you know how these replacement bolts work.

Have others dealt with these problems before?
I'm not sure if I had the exact same issue, but sounds similar. It turned out I was trying to use the wrong nuts on those carriage bolts. There are 4 nuts that come loose in the hardware pack that I tried to use on the carriage bolts, turns out they're to replace the factory nuts on the windshield "accessory mount" points and are just a hair too small for the carriage bolts. Didn't figure this out until I had already gouged out a section of the extrusion, but once i realized my mistake and used the correct nuts things went together just fine.

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No updates yet. With our recent expansion into a new warehouse and current projects going on internally we have not had much time to dedicate to that bracket design. Once we get time for it, we will get it going and make sure it works with everyones situation.
To follow up that question, any idea if the gravity pro 6 light bar mount will be low profile to keep the lights below the top edge of the rack? Kind of like the heretic bar setup?

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey! Thanks for question! We do not have a picture for you, if we had our Bronco, we would show you in minutes! LOL. While we cannot show you a picture, we can say that the wind noise will be real loud without it and will not be very appealing. If you have anymore questions let us know!

Sponsored
OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not sure if I had the exact same issue, but sounds similar. It turned out I was trying to use the wrong nuts on those carriage bolts. There are 4 nuts that come loose in the hardware pack that I tried to use on the carriage bolts, turns out they're to replace the factory nuts on the windshield "accessory mount" points and are just a hair too small for the carriage bolts. Didn't figure this out until I had already gouged out a section of the extrusion, but once i realized my mistake and used the correct nuts things went together just fine.
Hey! Sorry you had issues, we have heard a few situations like this, by no means are we accusing or blaming but most of the situations come to be cross threading the M6 nut that is provided in the kit that is for the factory stud's and not our 1/4-20. Another thing we see is when the nut is over tightened past 15 ft lbs. At this point, the bolt and nut do one of two things, the carriage portion twists inside the channel of the TSLOT or the nut shears the bolt shaft. 1/4-20 has a pretty low torque spec but surprisingly can handle a lot more weight and stress at the proper torque spec.

If you ever need replacement hardware, hit us up and we can help you out.

Edit: Can you email us pictures of your weather stripping issue, if it is a factory defect, we would be happy to replace it for you. If it can be installed in a different way to avoid the issue you are having, we will guide you through it as well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To follow up that question, any idea if the gravity pro 6 light bar mount will be low profile to keep the lights below the top edge of the rack? Kind of like the heretic bar setup?

We are still looking into this option. No the KC light will stick up above the rack due to its size, if we put it lower than the rack, it may start to impede on the visibility of the windshield.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

3 questions:

1) has anyone found/posted a video of removing the HT front/middle panels while the TrailRax is still on?

2) If I mounted a 40” or 50” lightbar to the front wind deflector and the support rail behind it, could you remove the rest of the rack, leaving this section on permanent since it’s wired into the Bronco?

3) are there holes/slots in the side rails top horizontal flange to mount “stuff”? Wondering if I could directly mount my RTT to this rail instead of cross bars that raise the tent another ~1”

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
3 questions:

1) has anyone found/posted a video of removing the HT front/middle panels while the TrailRax is still on?

2) If I mounted a 40” or 50” lightbar to the front wind deflector and the support rail behind it, could you remove the rest of the rack, leaving this section on permanent since it’s wired into the Bronco?

3) are there holes/slots in the side rails top horizontal flange to mount “stuff”? Wondering if I could directly mount my RTT to this rail instead of cross bars that raise the tent another ~1”
Hello!
We will answer them in the same order...
1) We will be posting a video shortly on this, it is very much possible and easy to do. Granted it is not as easy if you were to not have a roof rack.
2) We would not recommend this as that is a lot of dynamic load on the wind deflector and brackets that may not handle that weight. We recommend getting a disconnect wiring harness (comes with Heretic Bars) to safely remove the light bar when taking the rack off.
3) Yep there are holes and slots on the 90 degree bend that allow you to mount accessories. most tents have mounting rails in the middle of the tent that you will want to either clamp directly to the cross bars on our rack or get our tent brackets to raise it up 1". Check with your Tent brand on proper install.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello!
We will answer them in the same order...
1) We will be posting a video shortly on this, it is very much possible and easy to do. Granted it is not as easy if you were to not have a roof rack.
2) We would not recommend this as that is a lot of dynamic load on the wind deflector and brackets that may not handle that weight. We recommend getting a disconnect wiring harness (comes with Heretic Bars) to safely remove the light bar when taking the rack off.
3) Yep there are holes and slots on the 90 degree bend that allow you to mount accessories. most tents have mounting rails in the middle of the tent that you will want to either clamp directly to the cross bars on our rack or get our tent brackets to raise it up 1". Check with your Tent brand on proper install.
Ok

1) I look forward to the video
2) So you think dynamic loading would be too much fatigue on those window mounts
3) My hope/goal was to lower the tent down to the side rail surface to minimize overall height, but if the only proven way is to use the tents supports, I’ll just live with that

If I already had a GOBI rack and wanted just the RaxPax hardware, does it sell w/o rack system and have you seen an adaptor to mount to the gobi tubular side rails?
Sponsored