Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you for replying.
I thought that you had said that a stand alone was coming.
Really don't need or want a roof rack so wanted to confirm.

A reduced capacity is understandable. 5-6 gallons total split between both sides is where we would like to be.
Sponsored

climb2descend

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
This looks very promising, most excited about this rack from the ones I've seen so far.

Sponsored

broncodeadhead

First Edition
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Dodge Challenger, Nissan Pathfinder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I mean when it’s ready to go… Sounds like the perfect fit for rooftop accessories and over landing! Keep up the good work and let us know when we can put orders in… Thank you!

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a great question. The short answer is yes. You will be able to mount many different light bar confirations. We would recommend a single row light bar as we have designed the light to sit below the cross members so that the rack is flat all the way across to carry larger items like 2x4s, canoes, etc without it angled up and catching tons of wind. With that said, if you do not mind it, adding a double row light bar is absolutely possible. We are also in the works to make a bracket that will hold the KC Gravity series light!

let us know if this answers your question.

At the end of the day if you want a sleek and perfectly engineered "combo" going with the Heretic light is what we recommend. We work with Heretic because they are a local company to us, like a neighbor, and everything they do is something we support. They make the lights in-house and have been able to engineer the lights to 100% output vs competitors and are still an affordable light. Another touch we like to add is that their anodizing does not turn purple over long hours in the sun (one of our favorite parts).
Yes, this answers my question. Thank you! You have my business once I get my hardtop! 🤑

mtclimb3r

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you have any idea if this rack could handle the stresses of 270 awnings + RTT? My ideal plan (once my bronco arrives that is) would be to have a GFC superlight like Justin's and then add a 270 awning like a kinsmen (https://www.kinsmenhardware.com/awning) or Alucab. total weight would be within spec, but wondering about the MIC+ torsional forces from an awning extending out. Thanks!

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you have any idea if this rack could handle the stresses of 270 awnings + RTT? My ideal plan (once my bronco arrives that is) would be to have a GFC superlight like Justin's and then add a 270 awning like a kinsmen (https://www.kinsmenhardware.com/awning) or Alucab. total weight would be within spec, but wondering about the MIC+ torsional forces from an awning extending out. Thanks!
This is a great question that we will do our best to confirm when we have a prototype model, until we test it, we do not know nor can confirm this working.

sLopeFx

Black Diamond
First Name
FxA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco BD Sas, 07 BMW 335i, 02 Cooper S JCW
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As Promised, we wanted to show off our new roof rack that we plan to offer in conjunction or as an add-on to our Bronco Pak Rax!

After trying to work with the Ford Bronco OEM Roof Rack, we noticed a lot of inconsistency from Ford on their new OEM roof rack. While it is a great option from the factory for a roof rack, it did not offer the stability and strength we were looking for to work with. The housings for the most part are plastic which is fine for a roof rack that is rated to 150lbs roughly. We wanted to add more and give the end-user more confidence when carrying more weight especially since the Bronco is engineered for a faster-paced off-road experience. We also noticed the cost of what it would be per Pak Rax to make Ford's clamp system in metal for better stability and structure which means in turn we will lose customers due to the high price. We decided to take the original file and create a simplified version that still offers the strength and modularity our Pak Rax usually offers.
These are the attributes we focused on as we designed the roof rack and Pak Rax together for the Ford Bronco:
  • Higher weight capacity
  • Easy install
  • Wind deflector to minimize a ton of wind noise issues
  • Cutouts for high-performance Heretic Studio lights
  • All Aluminum construction to avoid any rust
  • Low profile to fit in garages and more
  • Offer the ability to remove the Hardtop panels
Spec's:
overall height added to your Bronco- 3.65" from the center of the hardtop or 3.15" from the highest point of the hardtop (outer edges).

Pictured below is the 4 door model with Pak Rax:
View attachment 295175
View attachment 295177 View attachment 295176

Pictured below is the 2 door model with Pak Rax:

View attachment 295178
View attachment 295179
View attachment 295180

Let us know your thoughts below! We will have both the 2 door and 4 door models displayed at Overland Expo West in May 2022 in Flagstaff!
I like this rack more than the Valkyrie rack and would buy this if you made a soft top option.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like this rack more than the Valkyrie rack and would buy this if you made a soft top option.
This rack variant does not work with the soft top. In the future, we may have a roof rack that is more catered to the soft tops.

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That is a part of the windshield design and is working with the curvature of the windshield. we cannot get rid of that curve otherwise wind noise will be a huge issue...
Let me preface by saying I’m sold already either way but, I’m confused how this curve needs to exist because of the curve of the windshield. Maybe I’m not smart enough to understand why you couldn’t do the wind deflector in one piece of aluminum. Lol

Ford Bronco TrailRax Modular Roof Rack For Your Bronco 4D3B2B9C-0ADA-4083-BFE0-E98521BEFF2A

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let me preface by saying I’m sold already either way but, I’m confused how this curve needs to exist because of the curve of the windshield. Maybe I’m not smart enough to understand why you couldn’t do the wind deflector in one piece of aluminum. Lol

Ford Bronco TrailRax Modular Roof Rack For Your Bronco 4D3B2B9C-0ADA-4083-BFE0-E98521BEFF2A
Good question! We have been asked a lot about this. The windshield is a 3-dimensional figure that can be illustrated below with the picture we have attached. The windshield is shaped to be aerodynamic so this means it is rounded and angled a certain way to make it aerodynamic. When it comes to combining a flat face of aluminum with this round curvature of the windshield, it creates an outline of this said "sphere" creating that curve look. We had 2 solutions around this... we can either keep the flat plate of aluminum which is cost-efficient and still offers good deflection of wind OR bend the wind deflector to match the curve of the windshield. The unfortunate part with bending the deflector to match the curve of the windshield brings up the cost of that item by more than double due to the labor to add multiple bends. We decided to go cost-efficient and just cut the curve into the deflector to save money which ultimately cuts down the cost for the end-user, in turn making them happy.

Hope this answers your questions! Let us know if you have any more questions.

Ford Bronco TrailRax Modular Roof Rack For Your Bronco Screen Shot 2022-04-01 at 2.53.33 PM

_ocnorb_

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great. Sign me up for a 2 door one