Alessandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Our newest inventory is coming in this week and next and we will be shipping out orders in which they were received. To receive yours as soon as possible, please submit an order and we are expecting 1-2 weeks till we get to current orders currently.
I don’t believe I can add it to cart because it’s Out of Stock
Sponsored

Sonny

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you have any info on whether it's quieter with or without the light bar notch?

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you have any info on whether it's quieter with or without the light bar notch?
Hey! It is quietest with the standard wind deflector because you have a flat face that goes the complete length of the front vs the light bar cut out that is cut out for a light bar. Another note, if you get the 40" cut out and do not add a light bar right away, this is where you will get a lot of wind noise because it allows for a wind tunnel between the roof rack and the hardtop of the vehicle. When you add a light bar, it helps calm that down because it adds a face to block wind from creating that wind tunnel. Hope this helps!

regardless of the choice on the wind deflector, with what is mentioned above, it will still not add any further wind noise than what you already get and in some cases actually decreases it. Keep in mind, this information and feedback we have been given have been opinion based and not actually proven factual. Once Ford gets us our Bronco, we plan to dig deeper on finding out through a decibel reader if it actually decreases wind noise.

Sonny

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey! It is quietest with the standard wind deflector because you have a flat face that goes the complete length of the front vs the light bar cut out that is cut out for a light bar. Another note, if you get the 40" cut out and do not add a light bar right away, this is where you will get a lot of wind noise because it allows for a wind tunnel between the roof rack and the hardtop of the vehicle. When you add a light bar, it helps calm that down because it adds a face to block wind from creating that wind tunnel. Hope this helps!

regardless of the choice on the wind deflector, with what is mentioned above, it will still not add any further wind noise than what you already get and in some cases actually decreases it. Keep in mind, this information and feedback we have been given have been opinion based and not actually proven factual. Once Ford gets us our Bronco, we plan to dig deeper on finding out through a decibel reader if it actually decreases wind noise.
Thanks. I'm on the fence. Wish it wasn't so darn ugly.

itbesandrodoe

Big Bend
First Name
Alessandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Received my roof rack yesterday and wasted no time setting it up. So far really impressed with TrailRax as a company and their product, it’s clear a lot of thought has gone into this system. Still working on the best way to mount the rotopax but here are a few quick photos I took this morning.

D25F7710-086C-4D4D-8801-057EA253C85D.jpeg

76322D96-348A-4D7F-B37C-D6C92A500E3D.jpeg

9281022A-D1A2-4CDD-BAA2-1FA3D8895D57.jpeg
where did you get those black RotoPax?

Sponsored

JD11937

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just about anywhere that sells RotoPax. They are for general storage (like luggage).
these are the white water version, just plasti-dipped them black. So far it’s working out great and holding up well. Just tape off the center portion that the mount goes through and the cap thread.

I use the water for rinsing off after being in the ocean, if they get some sun it heats up the water nicely.

fitterhappier

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just want to say that the weekly email updates from @TrailRax are very appreciated. It's nice to stay informed on the overall process. Especially in a time when most companies' products are backordered or delayed, proactive outreach makes all the difference. Thank you! Looking forward to 10/15.

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just want to say that the weekly email updates from @TrailRax are very appreciated. It's nice to stay informed on the overall process. Especially in a time when most companies' products are backordered or delayed, proactive outreach makes all the difference. Thank you! Looking forward to 10/15.
Glad you enjoy them! Sorry, it is taking us so long to get them in. We are ahead of schedule and should be shipping some out before the said date. we are just waiting on hardware and one more part from the powder coat that should be here soon. Once we have that, should be a green light to start shipping backorders out.

Its Brawnco

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Raptor, 1978 F100, 2016 Ducati Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In case anyone was wondering, the Yakima kayak roof mount from Ford Accessories (jaylow model from Yakima) mounts perfectly.

PXL_20220927_152117626.MP.jpg

Sponsored

aniljavali

Badlands
First Name
Anil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands '22 & Tesla 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Received my roof rack yesterday and wasted no time setting it up. So far really impressed with TrailRax as a company and their product, it’s clear a lot of thought has gone into this system. Still working on the best way to mount the rotopax but here are a few quick photos I took this morning.

Ford Bronco TrailRax Modular Roof Rack For Your Bronco PXL_20220927_152117626.MP

Ford Bronco TrailRax Modular Roof Rack For Your Bronco PXL_20220927_152117626.MP

cool looking racks. did you notice wind noise any different with this rack on?

aniljavali

Badlands
First Name
Anil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands '22 & Tesla 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I received my rack around 3 weeks ago. It’s been sitting on my living room floor, as I’m due to get the rear shell of my hardtop replaced through warranty…it has some warping. The dealer is still trying to work out the logistics, so I decided to go ahead and put the rack together. I test fitted the windshield mounts and the front crossbar, to get it centered. Then, I loosely put the rack together on the floor. I found the balance point for the ceiling hoist and now have it ready to drop down onto the new top when it finally gets replaced. I did not try messing with the windshield mounting nuts yet, but I expect that to be a pain in the ass.
nice setup but what is the reasoning behind ceiling hoist to keep the roof rack off the bronco?

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
nice setup but what is the reasoning behind ceiling hoist to keep the roof rack off the bronco?

"... have it ready to drop down onto the new top when it finally gets replaced. "

To clarify, it does not get stored on the hoist. It would be a pain in the ass to remove and reinstall regularly. Since I was installing the rack by myself, I used the hoist to lower it onto the roof and into position.

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

You didn't ask me, and even though many others say there is less noise to no change in noise, my personal experience is there is additional wind noise...at least in city driving. Once you are at highway speeds, I cannot tell any difference in wind noise. The wind noise I experience does not make communicating and listening to the radio any worse though...those are things we just get used to and accept it for what it is.

JD11937

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn’t notice any meaningful change In wind noise. I think it is actually a touch quieter when the roof panels are off with the rack vs. without it.
Sponsored