Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We will use CAD to test! No need to worry about being a guinea pig. We appreciate the offer though. Like we said, from our previous R&D it will allow the sunrider to fold back but will not rest all the way down. Hope this answers everyones question on this topic.
Would you mind providing us with some CAD images? I'm concerned that the fabric on the Sunrider will be damaged by rubbing against the rack.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would you mind providing us with some CAD images? I'm concerned that the fabric on the Sunrider will be damaged by rubbing against the rack.
Here's some photos from a recent install of a 2 door bronco half rack. Here you can see how close the deflector comes to the front panels. We still havenā€™t gotten the chance to confirm fitment with a Sunrider, hopefully these pictures help give a better idea.

tempImagejOK2SK.png

tempImageHOpIg2.png

tempImagemCWI3R.png

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's some photos from a recent install of a 2 door bronco half rack. Here you can see how close the deflector comes to the front panels. We still havenā€™t gotten the chance to confirm fitment with a Sunrider, hopefully these pictures help give a better idea.
The rack looks great, but not sure it will be compatible with the Sunrider. Hopefully you can get a 2-door with the Sunrider to confirm.

Ford Bronco TrailRax Modular Roof Rack For Your Bronco 9DCE6803-3895-4CAE-8B1E-EC22DF679E9C

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
finally got around to finishing the modification to the trailrax rack.
I posted the results in a thread I started under the ā€˜exterior modificationā€™ sub topic. Let me know what you think.

hereā€™s a photo of a dry fit just to check wiring.
Ford Bronco TrailRax Modular Roof Rack For Your Bronco 97185E7C-41EB-42DA-B798-A3AAB4A6C392

I have my trailrax with flat wind deflector delivered. I already have RTR roof lights. Similar attachment as the KCā€™s.
Iā€™m going to try modifying it, hopefully this week. Iā€™ll post here or start a new thread with my findings. šŸ‘

GeoBig

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco, 1974 MG Midget
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just to confirm, are all of the fixtures, bolts, etc. rust-proof? (Stainless, powder-coated, aluminum/titanium, etc.?)

Sponsored

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ā€˜Rust proofā€™, yes.
The only things I added were bolts (stainless) and electrical connectors (waterproof).
everything else were part of the either the RTR Off-road light bar or the TrailRax TRMR rack.

hereā€™s the video I made:

GeoBig

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LOL, sorry man, I meant with the base TrailRax system itself! But nice job on your install too! :)

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks. šŸ˜
The entire rack is aluminum. Some of the hardware is stainless. Not sure about the black bolts and washers but Iā€™d assume theyā€™re ā€˜rustproofā€™ too.

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LOL, sorry man, I meant with the base TrailRax system itself! But nice job on your install too! :)
Thanks. šŸ˜
The entire rack is aluminum. Some of the hardware is stainless. Not sure about the black bolts and washers but Iā€™d assume theyā€™re ā€˜rustproofā€™ too.
The black bolts are black oxide stainless steel bolts.

Last edited:

GeoBig

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The black bolts are black oxide stainless steel bolts.
Awesome, thanks!

Been hearing so many stories (different products, different companies) of aftermarket Bronco accessories rusting after 3-6 months. I'm willing to pay more for products that are built right and will not rust (including nuts, bolts, fixtures, etc.).

Sponsored
OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome, thanks!

Been hearing so many stories (different products, different companies) of aftermarket Bronco accessories rusting after 3-6 months. I'm willing to pay more for products that are built right and will not rust (including nuts, bolts, fixtures, etc.).
Being that our rack is mostly made of aluminum, rusting is very rare. There are some components that are steel because they have to be.

We use a 5 stage Iron Phosphate wash on our metal components before the zinc rich primer is applied. It is then topped off with a fine texture powder coat.

Because of the diverse environments our products are used in (mud, salted roads, rain, and other factors that are out of our hands), there are bound to be some cases of rusting. While it is rare, it can happen. In the off and unfortunate chance you do see rusting, please reach out to us, and we will do our best to assist you!

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Build quality is top notch. And their service is even better. šŸ’Æ

Trees

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco TrailRax Modular Roof Rack For Your Bronco 97185E7C-41EB-42DA-B798-A3AAB4A6C392

@Bestop_Team Do you think this half roof rack would cause damage to the 2 door sunrider? I think a lot of us would love to have an option to roll a rack and a sunrider.

GeorgeFromDallas

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco, 2012 Fisker Karma, F150, F250, F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Bestop_Team Do you think this half roof rack would cause damage to the 2 door sunrider? I think a lot of us would love to have an option to roll a rack and a sunrider.
It would be sitting on the fabric...so may also void Bestop warranty. Not to mention, there will be extra stress on the frame - once "parachute" mode is engaged.

This is really unfortunate, because one of the main reasons we need a half rack - is for the Sunrider.

Bummer, because I really liked the TrailRax setup.

I ended up buying the smaller one from BadAss Tents, yesterday. I'll post pics in another thread once installed. I want to respect this Sponsor's thread.