Sponsored

What model Pak Rax are you interested in?

• Total voters

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For the capacity of the Pak Rax we are estimating 60-80 lbs dynamic. For the roof rack, we are still working on a weight capacity but it will mount to the windshield, clamp to the hardtop in the rear, then with the pak rax mount to the body of the car which would essentially equal all 4 corners are mounted to the body of the car allowing for better stability and capacity.
With that weight limit, anyone know the max gasoline filled rotopax size?

Really interested in these to extend range of a 2 door.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With that weight limit, anyone know the max gasoline filled rotopax size?

Really interested in these to extend range of a 2 door.
On Monday we will weigh a 4 gallon empty can for you guys. A gallon of gas weighs 6.1 lbs. Our main focus is to allow 2x 4 gallons on the Pak Rax per side. This opens up the opportunity to offer up to 16 gallons of capacity on just the Pak Rax (if both sides are being used). Keep in mind it will disrupt a bit of visibility through the mirrors.

Stand by for further info!

BlueBoy

First Edition
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco 351W
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Great question! Yes we plan to also offer a smaller version that woild just be on the rear portion of the hardtop.
Awesome, count me in on a rear cap setup

ksdon

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If we can carry an extra 5-6 gallons (3 gallons on each side) that will give us a reasonable range in just about every area we plan to go in our 2 door. Figuring 15 MPG that is a nice cushion. If we run dry in Moab, our reserves will get us to Blanding.

Looking forward to your weighing the Rotopax. And, we wish you well in your production efforts.

Last edited:

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With a 17 gallon tank in the 2-door extra gas will definitely be required for many places I, and many others, plan to travel. 17 gallons will leave me stranded on many back country hunting and fishing trips.

I like some of the bumpers with Jerry can carriers but that’s a lot of green to spend to carry extra gas. The JCR Off-road rear bumper with their adventure carriers and other required add-ons will run in excess of $3,000! Not that this option isn’t expensive but so far it’s the most economical I’ve seen. So if they can make it work with the OEM roof rack I’ll be in for a pair.

I’ve also been considering a hitch mounted cargo carrier for carrying 3 to 4 gas cans to a base camp and will probably do that. But, that’s not practical for anything but flat to moderate dirt roads since the rear departure angle would be problematic in steep terrain and the cargo rack would likely get ripped off in short orde.

Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
With a 17 gallon tank in the 2-door extra gas will definitely be required for many places I, and many others, plan to travel. 17 gallons will leave me stranded on many back country hunting and fishing trips.

I like some of the bumpers with Jerry can carriers but that’s a lot of green to spend to carry extra gas. The JCR Off-road rear bumper with their adventure carriers and other required add-ons will run in excess of $3,000! Not that this option isn’t expensive but so far it’s the most economical I’ve seen. So if they can make it work with the OEM roof rack I’ll be in for a pair.

I’ve also been considering a hitch mounted cargo carrier for carrying 3 to 4 gas cans to a base camp and will probably do that. But, that’s not practical for anything but flat to moderate dirt roads since the rear departure angle would be problematic in steep terrain and the cargo rack would likely get ripped off in short orde.
I'm looking at a rotopax EZ Tire set up. I'm like you, and I feel like 6 gallons of spare fuel is barely enough with our offroad MPG.

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm looking at a rotopax EZ Tire set up. I'm like you, and I feel like 6 gallons of spare fuel is barely enough with our offroad MPG.
Our Pak Rax alone are focused to carry up to 16 gallons of fuel with the right kit spec'd out.

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On Monday we will weigh a 4 gallon empty can for you guys. A gallon of gas weighs 6.1 lbs. Our main focus is to allow 2x 4 gallons on the Pak Rax per side. This opens up the opportunity to offer up to 16 gallons of capacity on just the Pak Rax (if both sides are being used). Keep in mind it will disrupt a bit of visibility through the mirrors.

Stand by for further info!
For those curious about the weight of a typical 8 gallon set up on both sides of the vehicle on our Pak Rax...

In this situation we used: 2x Rotopax DLX, 2x Rotopax EXT, and of course 2x 4-gallon gas cans.

With the factor of gas weighing 6.1 lbs per gallon, each can full to its capacity of 4 gallons each (total of 8 gallons) we have 48.8 lbs total in just gas.

The mounts, when set up properly are 4.25 lbs (2x DLX and 2x EXT)

Each 4 gallon can weigh empty at 7.5 lbs.

The total weight of this set up with fuel is going to be 68.8 lbs which is within our spec of weight capacity on our Pak Rax (Ford Bronco Pak Rax capacity is still TBD because we have not been able to test it). We are targetting the 60-80lb weight capacity range and will do our best to be at 75-80lbs to offer customers the ability to run this set up on their broncos.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As we said, we will work on getting an adapter mount for the Pak Rax to the OEM rack but the capacity will be less due to it being mounted to the plastic housed clamp. Hope this Clarifies!
Hi,

It‘s been a while so I’m just checking in to find out if there’s any update on an Pak Rax option that’ll work with the OEM roof rack.

Other question is when will your Bronco rack products be released on your website?

Thanks!

Sponsored
OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi,

It‘s been a while so I’m just checking in to find out if there’s any update on an Pak Rax option that’ll work with the OEM roof rack.

Other question is when will your Bronco rack products be released on your website?

Thanks!
This is something we are actively working on. We do not have a solution yet due to the OEM rack being so off on different Broncos. By SEMA time we may have a solution. As of now we do not have an answer, sorry. Our full roof rack and Pak Rax will debut at Overland Expo West. Both 2 and 4 door models will be shown at the event.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is something we are actively working on. We do not have a solution yet due to the OEM rack being so off on different Broncos. By SEMA time we may have a solution. As of now we do not have an answer, sorry. Our full roof rack and Pak Rax will debut at Overland Expo West. Both 2 and 4 door models will be shown at the event.
Thanks for the update!

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

We can reach out to them to see what we can do. We are meeting with Go Fast Campers soon to fit their RTT directly to our Bronco clamps, eliminating the need for a roof rack and giving you a slimmer profile on the top of the Bronco.
Did anything come of this? I currently have a GFC V2 RTT on its way to my house. Would love to mount without a roof rack.

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did anything come of this? I currently have a GFC V2 RTT on its way to my house. Would love to mount without a roof rack.
We are still designing a mount to our roof rack that will allow the most low profile fit. As for a mount without a roof rack, we do not have that solution. We will have mounts to mount the RTT directly to our roof rack.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi,

I’m checking in to find out if you’re still working on a solution to allow the Pak Rax to be installed using the OEM roof rack.

Thanks!
Sponsored