Sponsored

What model Pak Rax are you interested in?

• Total voters

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking forward to this. Been waiting for options to mount gear in exactly that location.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

our Pak Rax are going to be mounted on the side of the rear window that is hard mounted with a bolt-on kit to the tub of the bronco body and then mounted on two points of the hard top.
So...the 2 door version will just have a single tie-in point to the roof?

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any update on this?
Great question! We are making headway on the design! We did run into a bit of a hiccup though, it seems Ford has a proprietary bolt head that needs a special tool to remove the rear portion of the roof rack. Does anyone by chance have that tool so we can borrow it? it should come with Ford Bronco's with the roof rack but the one we are testing did not come with it. Anyone who can help with this, please PM us! Other than this tool, everything is moving forward and smoothly as planned. Expect spring 2022 for our release.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So...the 2 door version will just have a single tie-in point to the roof?
After R&D of the 2 Door bronco, we released it would require 3 points of contact. Since the roof of the 2 door only has one clamp area compared to the 4 door, this is where 2 door's will lose their 4th mounting point. Nevertheless, we are still working towards making sure this is an incredibly robust system!

MOON

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tagged to follow for updates

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello All,

It has been a bit since we have updated you on the Pak Rax for the Bronco. Do not fear, we have been making headway on the project! our engineers are spending days and nights on this and making sure we use every resource we can to make sure this is the best product we can produce just like all the rest of our products. We also started to design the system to work with the ford Bronco roof rack and our future roof rack.

There were a ton of attributes and pieces we wanted to work with the Bronco Pak Rax and we are trying to make them all work and so far it has been very successful. We took into consideration that Bronco is a faster-paced off-roading machine where a strong structure is needed for the Pak Rax; Instead of our standard 2 hard mounting points we increased it to 4 for the Bronco. We also noticed on the 2 doors, there is only one clamping location; We designed an A-frame Pak Rax to work similarly to the 4 door version to ensure the structure and capacity can still be there. We finally got a bronco in the shop with the Ford Bronco roof rack. This opportunity allowed us to get access to see how their mounting system works and to see how their roof rack works and how it will carry over to our clamping system to be compatible with our Pak Rax.

These are just some of the speed bumps we have been running into but it is moving forward and we are looking forward to testing the mount prototypes later this month! Stay tuned for those pictures. From there we are going to do some testing and run them on the trails. We are very excited to release this.

Let us know what you guys think!

We are still on track for our release date: Spring of 2022
Ford Bronco TrailRax Pak Rax for the Ford Bronco! bronco clamp view 2
Ford Bronco TrailRax Pak Rax for the Ford Bronco! bronco clamp view 1
Ford Bronco TrailRax Pak Rax for the Ford Bronco! bronco clamp view 7

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That actually is not our product. It was what @fronc is running from AAL and we are not the creators of it. We are making a side-mounted product for the rear window like our other popular product... the JL and JK Pak Rax. visit TrailRax.com for extra pictures.
Sensing a trend here. Apparently people are skimming. You may want to amend your original post to specifI ally state it is the side window mount and not the rear gate/tire mount… that or keep repeating yourself when people keep asking the same question 😂

Sponsored
OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sensing a trend here. Apparently people are skimming. You may want to amend your original post to specifI ally state it is the side window mount and not the rear gate/tire mount… that or keep repeating yourself when people keep asking the same question 😂
Yeah we tried to sort that situation out but this thread was being blown up the day it started. We will see if any edits need to be made. It has been hectic, to say the least.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah we tried to sort that situation out but this thread was being blown up the day it started. We will see if any edits need to be made. It has been hectic, to say the least.
Gonna be a broken record and say I love my soft top Bronco so far, and my likelihood of buying a Ford hard top in the future is dwindling now that ADV fiberglass's hard top plans look way better than Ford's own top. Would love to see some TrailRax solutions that don't rely specifically on the top -- maybe a combination spare tire reinforcement bracket that can also lug around a jerry can/water?

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm excited! Trail Rax was on my wish list for a long time! Loooking good so far. How is it gonna integrate with a factory roof rack? I see you are adding an extra piece where usually a factory roof rack mounts.
Ford Bronco TrailRax Pak Rax for the Ford Bronco! bronco clamp view 7
This aged really well! We made our pak Rax work with the Ford Roof Rack!

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gonna be a broken record and say I love my soft top Bronco so far, and my likelihood of buying a Ford hard top in the future is dwindling now that ADV fiberglass's hard top plans look way better than Ford's own top. Would love to see some TrailRax solutions that don't rely specifically on the top -- maybe a combination spare tire reinforcement bracket that can also lug around a jerry can/water?
Glad you mentioned the ADV fiberglass's hardtop, we confirmed with them that our Pak Rax will directly work with their top as well.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad you mentioned the ADV fiberglass's hardtop, we confirmed with them that our Pak Rax will directly work with their top as well.
You had me, then you lost me, and now I'm back in! Great news!
Sponsored