Sponsored

What model Pak Rax are you interested in?

• Total voters
OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You had me, then you lost me, and now I'm back in! Great news!
Yes, it is great news! We spoke with a salesman over at ADV fiberglass and they confirmed the fitment. NOT saying they are copying the Ford MIC top design but they are making the dimensions the same as OEM so that things like the Ford Bronco roof rack can carry over meaning our Pak Rax will carry over.
Sponsored

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Unfortunately, we are not seeing many options for the soft top model Broncos. We will be focusing on the hardtops. We have our connections and are following the developments of the hard tops on these broncos. hopefully, by the time we put together a Pak Rax. The Hardtops will be in full swing at Ford.

Never say never though, We will look into the soft top version.
I think what people are trying to say, but not using all of the words, is they’d pay money for a version that bolts to the interior roll bar, so they can add their pax when the top comes off.

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The first part of the Pak Rax has been test-fitted!
We are excited to show the progress of the Pak Rax for the 2021 and newer Ford Bronco! This is a bracket that took some serious R&D and we are happy to announce it works and will work with the Advanced Fiber Glass hardtops as well. This bracket mounts to the body of the car which means the Bronco will have 3-4 (depending on 2 or 4 door models) of hard mounting locations to the Bronco! This allows for a stronger structure, more capacity, and is built to withstand a harsher environment of use.

Ford Bronco TrailRax Pak Rax for the Ford Bronco! IMG_1788
Ford Bronco TrailRax Pak Rax for the Ford Bronco! IMG_1780

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice! I've been waiting for someone to release a product like this. Glad the 2DR is one your list too.
Any teaser pics, CAD or otherwise, of the 2DR 'a-frame' design?

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice! I've been waiting for someone to release a product like this. Glad the 2DR is one your list too.
Any teaser pics, CAD or otherwise, of the 2DR 'a-frame' design?
The two-door is underway shortly. It is carrying over a lot of pieces from the 4 door to keep costs low and avoid a ton of unique parts within the assembly. We should have a 2 door model ready in the next month and a half possibly? it is tough to give an estimate right now with all these insane delays.

Sponsored

FloatingMoat

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW F800GSA & Onewheel Pint
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are excited to show the progress of the Pak Rax for the 2021 and newer Ford Bronco! This is a bracket that took some serious R&D and we are happy to announce it works and will work with the Advanced Fiber Glass hardtops as well. This bracket mounts to the body of the car which means the Bronco will have 3-4 (depending on 2 or 4 door models) of hard mounting locations to the Bronco! This allows for a stronger structure, more capacity, and is built to withstand a harsher environment of use.

Totally missed this thread until now - was out with some friends last weekend with Tacomas, and they all have rotopax, etc. and this is becoming a necessity for me. So pleased work is ongoing, and i will be super excited to strap this to my vehicle!
All the images you've shown have been drivers side - will this be able to operate passengers side as well?

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Totally missed this thread until now - was out with some friends last weekend with Tacomas, and they all have rotopax, etc. and this is becoming a necessity for me. So pleased work is ongoing, and i will be super excited to strap this to my vehicle!
All the images you've shown have been drivers side - will this be able to operate passengers side as well?
They mentioned this comes in pairs for even weight distribution.
flintstones-fred.gif

FloatingMoat

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW F800GSA & Onewheel Pint
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They mentioned this comes in pairs for even weight distribution.
Ford Bronco TrailRax Pak Rax for the Ford Bronco! flintstones-fred
Thank you - somehow missed that in my skimming. oops!
Ford Bronco TrailRax Pak Rax for the Ford Bronco! 1643134820163

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SA-WEET!!

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have been prototyping product to the driver side but plan to sell it as a kit, one for each side. Do not worry, we will have it available for both sides.

Sponsored

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We also paid close attention to that design and what you can ultimately do is remove the plastic ford footprint and replace it with our heavy-duty steel bracket that you can re-attach the Ford Roof rack to. Let us know what you think!
Yes!…absolutely upgrade plastic to steel (stainless?).
Waiting with bated breath for any word on increase in load capacity of Ford roof rack, capacities of your side racks, and total weight limit if not additive…..for the real Bronco, two door. 😉
Keep up the great engineering!

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Waiting with bated breath for any word on increase in load capacity of Ford roof rack, capacities of your side racks, and total weight limit if not additive…..for the real Bronco, two door. 😉
Hopefully a bump in capacity. I've been hunting down aftermarket racks but I gotta ton of Pass Points if this will up the ante for the OEM rack.
Which reminds me...

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gonna take a stab at this..... Since this attaches directly to the body between the body and the roof, the roof rack connection point seems minimally load bearing vertically and instead stabilizes the load horizontally. That is, it shares minimal load with anything on top of the roof rack and, therefore, any load on the MIC roof. The vertical load is carried by the connection point on the body itself. So this would not decrease any static or dynamic load limits of the Ford roof rack. TBD on what limits this can carry itself.

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco TrailRax Pak Rax for the Ford Bronco! 1643137304386

Will the final version have rounded corners? I will be running with racks off most of the time and this looks like it could be an elbow scraper.
Sponsored