Sponsored

What model Pak Rax are you interested in?

• Total voters

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gonna take a stab at this..... Since this attaches directly to the body between the body and the roof, the roof rack connection point seems minimally load bearing vertically and instead stabilizes the load horizontally. That is, it shares minimal load with anything on top of the roof rack and, therefore, any load on the MIC roof. The vertical load is carried by the connection point on the body itself. So this would not decrease any static or dynamic load limits of the Ford roof rack. TBD on what limits this can carry itself.
Possibly onto something here... Look at the badasstents rack with its 5 crossbars. The 2 door will likely have at least 3. This will help rigidity with lateral loading and bracing the entire system.
Sponsored

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This will help rigidity with lateral loading and bracing the entire system.
I dont think this trailrax rack will provide any structural rigidity whatsoever. It does not add any body or frame mounting points to reduce chassis/body roll, pitch or yaw. It might if it connected one side of the truck to the other, but these only mount to the body and the rack.

If anything, it would reduce structural rigidity with 1) asymmetric loads dispersed on either side of the vehicle FAR from the CoG and 2) the rack itself will flex independently from the body.
A very exaggerated example but like holding a flopping fish in an outstretched hand.

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes!…absolutely upgrade plastic to steel (stainless?).
Waiting with bated breath for any word on increase in load capacity of Ford roof rack, capacities of your side racks, and total weight limit if not additive…..for the real Bronco, two door. 😉
Keep up the great engineering!
We are looking into load capacities as well and will need to contact Ford to see how it can increase it. We are holding back from giving out numbers because it is not exactly the metal that is holding the weight, it is the fiberglass. The fiberglass is extremely robust compared to the Jeep's fiberglass that we have worked with in the past.

the capacities of our Pak Rax are still TBD as we have not had a full model done up yet but should within the next few weeks.

From other manufacturers of roof racks for the Ford Bronco, their roof rack seems to add more weight capacity without an internal structure reinforcement so it very well could add more capacity to the ford roof rack.

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully a bump in capacity. I've been hunting down aftermarket racks but I gotta ton of Pass Points if this will up the ante for the OEM rack.
Which reminds me...
Yes the great thing about what we are designing is basically a replacement rear clamping system for the Ford Bronco Roof rack. It may increase capacity and rating but that is still TBD. basically, if you have the Ford Bronco Roof rack and then you buy our Pak Rax, you will uninstall the clamp, then install our clamp then re-install Ford's cross members to reassemble the rack. The cherry on top will be adding our Pak Rax to that Clamp right after!

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@TrailRax can you maybe collaborate with BadAss Tents on their roof rack system and find out about compatibility?
They look like they have one of the better rack options coming to market. 💪🏻
We can reach out to them to see what we can do. We are meeting with Go Fast Campers soon to fit their RTT directly to our Bronco clamps, eliminating the need for a roof rack and giving you a slimmer profile on the top of the Bronco.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1643137304386.png

Will the final version have rounded corners? I will be running with racks off most of the time and this looks like it could be an elbow scraper.
This definitely was our first complaint about the prototype part. Yes, we will be rounding all corners to avoid any injury of getting in and out of the vehicle. When we tested getting in and out of the rear seats of the Bronco, even trying to get close to it with shoulders or other body parts, we do not come close since the C pillar of the vehicle is a good 6-8 inches further forward than that corner. So you should not be getting close but we are taking in mind small children that can be "jumping" out of the rear set of seats or dogs and other possibilities that would pop up.

Yes we will be rounding the corners to avoid any issues.

RubiconSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BadSquatch, 2021 JLUR, 2008 JK-X, 65 Elco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the RaxPax kit for my JLUR, and it works great. Just this past weekend it was a conversation starter at my local OHV park - potential customers wanting to check them out in person. So I am confident in saying that TrailRax will do well with the bronco community just like you have with the jeep community. IMO TrailRax currently has the best option available, with little reason for strong competition to show up.

I also understand that the real selling point of this kit is easy bolt-on installation for a large group of consumers. Any fab shop or DIY type with some decent tools could make something to hang a couple of rotopax successfully. I could have made some myself but I spent money with TrailRax because it's just so easy and buttoned up. I'd love to do that again.

If TrailRax opts to stick to a hardtop only solution, lots of folks like myself who are unable to get a hard top any time soon (and even then will likely go aftermarket) will look for another solution. That will likely encourage competition, which philosophically is a very good thing but hurts TrailRax, and people will start making their own or another company will develop a soft top or universal version. I would really like to buy another TrailRax set... Please consider making them available to the majority of Bronco owners, not just the lucky few who have a factory hard top.

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the RaxPax kit for my JLUR, and it works great. Just this past weekend it was a conversation starter at my local OHV park - potential customers wanting to check them out in person. So I am confident in saying that TrailRax will do well with the bronco community just like you have with the jeep community. IMO TrailRax currently has the best option available, with little reason for strong competition to show up.

I also understand that the real selling point of this kit is easy bolt-on installation for a large group of consumers. Any fab shop or DIY type with some decent tools could make something to hang a couple of rotopax successfully. I could have made some myself but I spent money with TrailRax because it's just so easy and buttoned up. I'd love to do that again.

If TrailRax opts to stick to a hardtop only solution, lots of folks like myself who are unable to get a hard top any time soon (and even then will likely go aftermarket) will look for another solution. That will likely encourage competition, which philosophically is a very good thing but hurts TrailRax, and people will start making their own or another company will develop a soft top or universal version. I would really like to buy another TrailRax set... Please consider making them available to the majority of Bronco owners, not just the lucky few who have a factory hard top.
Thank you for the kind words! We really appreciate it and are glad to see our products are working fantastic with your current build. We are looking into the soft top currently, it is tough because holes would need to be cut and all to get bracketry to stick through the soft top from the roll cage. Advanced Fiber Glass is currently putting out a hardtop that is confirmed to fit with our Bronco Pak Rax. Those guys are awesome and we are sure they will supplement the issue with Ford MIC hardtops currently. As we test the product and continue our R&D on the Bronco Pak Rax, Ford should be caught up with the manufacturing issues and be able to get hardtops out at a faster rate.

We are actively watching this hardtop situation and will continue to look into it for some sort of soft-top solution. The main reason we have stayed away from any soft-top solution as it does not work to mount accessories on a bracket that has to be cut through the soft top to mount directly into the roll cage. We will look into what options we have, but as of now, our focus is on the hardtop and hardtop from Advanced Fiber Glass.

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored
OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will you be making snowboard mounts for the trailrax? Any eta yet?
We will not be making a snowboard mount but there are tons of great brands out there that make snowboard mounts that will fit our Pak Rax. Also, keep in mind your limited area length-wise on the Bronco.

ETA is looking to be around April time for shipping. this gives us time to test and abuse the prototypes enough to be 100% sure this product is perfect for our Bronco owners.

Mad Martigan

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and 1 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well... uh... We are doing a thing
Due to popular demand... We are bringing the Pak Rax patented product to the Bronco world. This new world of Bronco is something we can definitely get used to! We are actually on a waiting list to get our Ford Bronco Raptor. We are excited to announce the development of the Pak Rax for the Bronco. Due to its high speed off-road nature, we are designing the Pak Rax to be a bolt-on system that will take on the abuse and speed the Bronco is made for. With the help of @fronc / @froncobronco and @justinbmcbride we are going through many variables and options to develop the best product we can produce. We are working to make sure that the bronco Pak Rax will work with the Ford roof rack and also offer more options to aftermarket roof rack companies to use our mount that ties together a roof rack to our Heavy Duty mounting solution in conjunction with our Pak Rax.

This Pak Rax will be a side-mounted accessory rack for many different options like Gas cans (Rotopax), MaxTrax, shovels, axes, and much more. The version we are working on is for the Hardtop ONLY models. For Soft top owners that are not planning on getting a hardtop, please visit our other thread. The Pak Rax will come in pairs as well for better weight distribution on your Bronco.

Is there something you want to see or want to mount to your Bronco Pak Rax? let us know!

We plan to use this forum to keep everyone up to date on the newest developments of the Bronco Pak Rax.

The Pak Rax will be "Produced Wild" just like how the Bronco is "Born Wild."

View attachment 199942
Following

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@TrailRax glad to see you all making good progress on this setup! Excited to see the final offering (you're using my rack tool 😁)

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@TrailRax glad to see you all making good progress on this setup! Excited to see the final offering (you're using my rack tool 😁)
We are making headway thanks to your tool! can't believe we have had a ford bronco roof rack in here that never came with the tool! so weird. Thanks for your help! you know we will get you back.
Sponsored